Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Jacob Black

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

diane771 wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:The only thing I disagree with a little bit is that at the wedding, Jacob got very very angry because Edward and Bella were going to try something SO dangerous, and Edward had promised to take care of her. I think he felt betrayed by that.
HoldingOutForJacob~, this is the one point I seriously cannot ever forgive Jacob for. Yes, he loves Bella. Yes, he wants to protect her. Yes, he wants to save her life. And, up until Mr. Weber declares Edward & Bella husband and wife, I would say that he has a certain right to fight for her. But, once Mr. Weber does declare them husband and wife, how is it even any of Jacob's business what is going on between them in whatever capacity, let alone their lack of or intended sex life? He had no right at that point to say anything. Yes, old habits die hard. But, for him to go Vulgar Language is Ugly because Bella wanted to make love with her husband? To threaten Edward for wanting to make love with his wife? For him to even ask? That was so out of line. That is one of two things Jacob does that I will never forgive him for.
Well. That's up to you. Personally, I find it a little astounding that THAT is the one thing you'll never forgive him for. You're also forgetting that there was another person in this conversation. That would be Bella. She had as much a part in that as Jacob. Also remember that this was his first human experience in months. And he was in a lot of emotional pain there, he was there only for Bella, and she really was kinda mean to him there.

He's not fighting for her, either. Have you even considered the ridiculous amount of danger they were putting Bella in? Edward could crush her. Literally. And he was putting himself into the one "position" :lol: in which he relinquishes all control over himself. Look what he ended up doing to her as it was! Jacob's concern was rightful. It has nothing to do with keeping her from becoming a vampire - it has to do with her getting to that stage at all. He was afraid he'd KILL her. Not make her the eternal dead, but actually RIP kill her.

It's your right to hold that against him if you want, but you're totally oversimplifying the issue, in my opinion. From what I've seen of your posts, you tend to consider only the factors that offend you, and not the whole picture sometimes.

Diane771. You're only speaking of Breaking Dawn. Edward and Jacob treated each other with equal disrespect in Eclipse. Oh, and Jacob, actually, likes and respects Carlisle from when he helps him out in Eclipse. You know, when he crushed all the bones in the left side of his body helping the Cullens? But yes, he has to work at respecting the Cullens. They are his mortal enemies. But what's not to say that Edward had to work at respecting the pack? Not only are they his mortal enemies, but he also looks down on them. We can see in Jacob's mind in Breaking Dawn, which is great, so we get to see him learn the truth of the Cullens. Edward does the same with the Pack in Eclipse, but we don't get to see that.

And by the way. For every time Jacob called Edward bloodsucker or leech, Edward threw in a mongrel, dog, or pup. As was both their rights. All's fair in war. Not nice, but fair.

To be fair, when Jacob met Alice she was taking Bella practically on a suicide mission. And Rosalie is purely nasty to him, from the moment he steps foot in the house.

Who do you think you are critique other people opinions? You are not the writer. You do not have the say on our opinions and what we get from reading the book. Are you so mad at your teacher that you have to come on here and act like you know everything about Jacob Black? Listen here, this is a forum, and you need to shut your mouth about how people see things in this saga, You also need to stop posting names, and start by getting yourself together and realize you have no right to comment on what a person gets from the book. Facts and your idea's are just yours not of everyones, stop acting like you are grading someones paper because you know everything. Little girl, I know more about the complexities of life and relationships than you will ever know. So stop acting like a child. Read and Respect other people idea's NO ONE NEED YOUR APPROVAL OR CRITIQUEING OF THEIR POST SO READ THEM AND SHUT UP! Well its most likely past your bedtime so if you want to be in an adult forum or debate like an adult, you have a lot to learn. All you are doing is making a fool of yourself. Do you honestly believe that only you know about the relationships between Jacob, Bella and Edward? Where does your knowledge come from?
I would like to know do you call Stephenie, have you ever even had a boyfriend. Unless I am talk to Stephenie on how she made her character anyones opinion is just that an OPINION. YOUR OPINION is just a opinion like everybody else's, So grow up and stop your KNOW IT ALL ATTITUDE! Trust me when you get older you will thank me for this advice so please take it to heart because every bit of it is true.
You are ridiculous. We ALL post names. We respond to each other's opinions. I have been on this forum a LOT longer than you. I understand how it works a LOT better than you. You just made a fool of yourself, so I hope that adds to the complexities of life that you know that I will never know.

I've had plenty of boyfriends. I've had many perfectly healthy relationships.... not that that's ANY of your business or has anything to do with ANYTHING we were talking about...

You are crazy. This is being an adult? You can have it then....

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

twilight1909 wrote:HOFJ - I even felt that way about Jacob's "happily ever after," so I figured you must have been dissatisfied. At the same time I think it was the best ending for him and everyone involved. The thing that bothers me is that he would have just escaped with Nessie if things went bad with the Volturi, rather than staying to fight. All of Bella's safety measures were for nothing anyway. Either way...no heroic ending for Jacob.
holdingoutforjacob wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:HoldingOutForJacob~, this is the one point I seriously cannot ever forgive Jacob for. Yes, he loves Bella. Yes, he wants to protect her. Yes, he wants to save her life. And, up until Mr. Weber declares Edward & Bella husband and wife, I would say that he has a certain right to fight for her. But, once Mr. Weber does declare them husband and wife, how is it even any of Jacob's business what is going on between them in whatever capacity, let alone their lack of or intended sex life? He had no right at that point to say anything. Yes, old habits die hard. But, for him to go Vulgar Language is Ugly because Bella wanted to make love with her husband? To threaten Edward for wanting to make love with his wife? For him to even ask? That was so out of line. That is one of two things Jacob does that I will never forgive him for.
Well. That's up to you. Personally, I find it a little astounding that THAT is the one thing you'll never forgive him for. You're also forgetting that there was another person in this conversation. That would be Bella. She had as much a part in that as Jacob. Also remember that this was his first human experience in months. And he was in a lot of emotional pain there, he was there only for Bella, and she really was kinda mean to him there.

He's not fighting for her, either. Have you even considered the ridiculous amount of danger they were putting Bella in? Edward could crush her. Literally. And he was putting himself into the one "position" :lol: in which he relinquishes all control over himself. Look what he ended up doing to her as it was! Jacob's concern was rightful. It has nothing to do with keeping her from becoming a vampire - it has to do with her getting to that stage at all. He was afraid he'd KILL her. Not make her the eternal dead, but actually RIP kill her.
We're all aware of the danger it poses to Bella. Edward made it very clear. But they were married at that point. They had an agreement and Edward was going to try to give his wife what she wanted while doing his absolute best to avoid hurting her. He demonstrated unbelievable self control and restraint since the day he met her, and he made vast improvements throughout the saga. I knew Edward was ready for it just like Bella did. He still didn't believe in himself at that point, or even the morning after when she was still in one piece. Bruises are not that bad considering it was the worst of it. Sure the prospect of them making love upset Jacob because he worried for Bella, but I think his reaction was definitely out of line. It was their wedding, he's removed from the situation, and their sex life is none of his business. Threat or no threat, that's entirely up to Edward and Bella. Like Jacob had any idea what their intimacy was like anyway. They had already pushed the envelope pretty far. You know, I don't see why the possibility of Edward crushing her was such an issue. The hard impacts definitely could have been avoided by a certain..um, position. He couldn't crush her if he's just laying there! Did they really not think of that? :roll: Anyway, I found Jacob and Edward's responses understandable and logical...but also very annoying. It was about time.

I wouldn't consider Jacob's reaction unforgivable though.
Exactly. The end turned him into a wimp. Pre-imprinting Jacob wouldn't have missed an epic battle for ANYTHING.

That last line about positions honestly just made my day!!!!!!!

You are all right. It wasn't any of his business. But Bella could have just told him that, you know? And once he knew, well, I can understand why he'd be scared.

Again, though, I think it just comes down to his youngness and the fact that he's in a lot of pain. He's doing it best to make it through this night FOR Bella, and for her to drop a bomb like that wasn't entirely fair. You'd think that after all he's done, she could show him a little patience.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

By the end of BD. Jacob,the Pack and the Cullen's had a much better understanding for each other. You don't risk your life if they would truly hate each other. Now in Eclipse, that was different, because the Pack did not want Forks invaded by newborn vamps and people to be killed . So the Pack and Cullen's were thrown together not because of any friendship or treaty but for a common cause of killing the newborns. And the bond started to grow even faster, when Carlisle helped Jacob and Seth became friends with Edward. I would like to see how that new formed pact between the two parties develops. Or maybe goes back to where it was. I think it will go forward though, there is too much history now with each of them put in situations together, and a mutual respect has formed. Jacob does realize now how much Bella and Edward are really meant to be together and is able to move on.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Jazz Girl wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:The only thing I disagree with a little bit is that at the wedding, Jacob got very very angry because Edward and Bella were going to try something SO dangerous, and Edward had promised to take care of her. I think he felt betrayed by that.
HoldingOutForJacob~, this is the one point I seriously cannot ever forgive Jacob for. Yes, he loves Bella. Yes, he wants to protect her. Yes, he wants to save her life. And, up until Mr. Weber declares Edward & Bella husband and wife, I would say that he has a certain right to fight for her. But, once Mr. Weber does declare them husband and wife, how is it even any of Jacob's business what is going on between them in whatever capacity, let alone their lack of or intended sex life? He had no right at that point to say anything. Yes, old habits die hard. But, for him to go Vulgar Language is Ugly because Bella wanted to make love with her husband? To threaten Edward for wanting to make love with his wife? For him to even ask? That was so out of line. That is one of two things Jacob does that I will never forgive him for.
OMG SO MUCH going on here on the Jacob thread. Did someone already ask... what's the other thing you can't forgive him for?

I can see where you're coming from about the hard & fast line between husband & wife/boyfriend & girlfriend and I agree with you. Jacob didn't have a right to ask/comment/threaten Edward.

But... it's just SO Jacob. Bella wasn't thinking when she blurted it out... but what else did she THINK was going to happen? She (and we) know exactly how Jake feels about Bella. I don't think any other reaction would have been true to Jacob's self or true to his feelings for Bella, quite honestly.

Sigh. Maybe I'm secretly Team Jacob. :D j/k I'm Switzerland, of course.

Image Image Image
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

akire wrote:OMG SO MUCH going on here on the Jacob thread. Did someone already ask... what's the other thing you can't forgive him for?

I can see where you're coming from about the hard & fast line between husband & wife/boyfriend & girlfriend and I agree with you. Jacob didn't have a right to ask/comment/threaten Edward.

But... it's just SO Jacob. Bella wasn't thinking when she blurted it out... but what else did she THINK was going to happen? She (and we) know exactly how Jake feels about Bella. I don't think any other reaction would have been true to Jacob's self or true to his feelings for Bella, quite honestly.

Sigh. Maybe I'm secretly Team Jacob. :D j/k I'm Switzerland, of course.
Yes, Akire, we've missed you. So glad you're back. Yes, I know. I totally understand why Jake reacted the way he did. I really do get it. But, it doesn't make it at all right or any easier to accept in any way. He was wrong. It wasn't his business. Period.

As for the second thing, very simple. The first "kiss". Jacob kisses Bella totally against her will, actually getting more aggressive when she tries to fight him off. And, then to top it all off, after she breaks her hand on his face, he has the nerve to walk around and act like he just gave her the world's greatest gift. Unforgiveable.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Jazz Girl wrote: As for the second thing, very simple. The first "kiss". Jacob kisses Bella totally against her will, actually getting more aggressive when she tries to fight him off. And, then to top it all off, after she breaks her hand on his face, he has the nerve to walk around and act like he just gave her the world's greatest gift. Unforgiveable.
Urgh, yes, that was few pages I was totally Team Edward. The WORST part about it was that there was really no way for Bella to get away from the situation she clearly did not want. As a woman -- as a person -- that REALLY pissed me off.

Image Image Image
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

I'm jumping in here to head off topic for a moment to try to settle some of the hard feelings that have been pressed in this thread. Jacob's actions and motive have been debated and compared to Edward's from day one. Edward vrs Jacob will forever be an emotional debate. We all are attached to these characters in different ways and have strong opinions about their story line. And those opinions are valid on ALL accounts.

So here is what needs to happen. The harsh criticism of personal opinions needs to stop. You can disagree with someone's view, but you don't have to verbally bash them for it. This has always been the way we try to run things here. No one in here is right and no one is wrong. Edward and Jacob BOTH behaved badly at different times in the series. That's what makes them interesting. That's what makes us anxious to see what happens next. If you can't agree to disagree and move on, then the thread will be closed down for a while until tempers cool.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Good that you jumped in Alphie. I think we need to get back to business, and just discuss Jacob :) This thread is really great, I like the flow of it here. It's healthy that we have different opinions, as long as we remember to respect everyone. And I velcome it if people disagree with me, it makes it more exciting to be here.
Jazz Girl wrote:
akire wrote:OMG SO MUCH going on here on the Jacob thread. Did someone already ask... what's the other thing you can't forgive him for?
As for the second thing, very simple. The first "kiss". Jacob kisses Bella totally against her will, actually getting more aggressive when she tries to fight him off. And, then to top it all off, after she breaks her hand on his face, he has the nerve to walk around and act like he just gave her the world's greatest gift. Unforgiveable.
Agreed 100 %. That was just awful. He must have known that she wanted him to stop. You sense these things. She had to just shut off all movement to make him stop, as far as I rememeber. And then he bragged about it later. I loved that part when she hears Edward's engine accelerate in the background. I almost wanted Edward to break his jaw then. I was just so mad. What was he thinking? I think it would have been a lot better if Jacob had just apologized straight away, and admitted that he was way out of line. And the Jacob Bela knew and loved, I didn't think he could behave like that.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
TheLamb07
Wandering Through Town

Post by TheLamb07 »

At first I really liked jacob black he's the kind of person i could see as a best friend. I get it that he had to fight for Bella and all but after a while he got a little pushy. He was sorta being the masochist. He tortured himself by trying to fight for bella. He brought it on himself especially when he threatened bella by saying he was going to sacrafice himself in eclipse. And then he crashed Bella's wedding. Some Best Friend!

Jacob kinda pissed me off in BD by having his "wolfy claim" over Renesmee. Bella was her mother and he shouldn't try to claim nessie as if she belonged to him. I get it. He imprinted on her but he should try to over step Bella and Edward. Even when he said that he can share her. what was that?

Overall i didn't how all that ended up. Jacob would be Bella and Edward's son-in-law? I hated how that played out. I never would have thought that Jacob would end up with Bella and Edward's daughter. I bet charlie didn't see that coming either! lol. i wonder how he would react to that...
Vampire vs. Werewolf is the new Pirate vs. Ninja
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

Yes let's all respect each other and not have the thread get closed down.
Dovrebanen wrote:Instead the moment was kind of ruined, when Jacob started to threaten to kill the groom. And it's not fair that he only blamed Edward either. This was Bella's idea. She had made a choice. Edward had told her over and over about the danger. She was well-infomed and chose to go for it. And I believe that she had a very deep trust in Edward, and more faith in him than he had himself. It takes a lot of courage to give one self someone like that (and especially in their situation), so I feel Jacob should have respected their private choice. And I can't help but feel that there was some shred of jealousy on Jacob's part as well, even if he already knew he had lost her. That this was not all about her safety.
I wouldn't call it unforgiveable. But that's mostly because Bella and Edward were able to lock it up, and not let it ruin their wedding day and honeymoon.
By the way.. "He couldn't crush her if he's just laying there! Did they really not think of that? :roll:" Good point, twilight 1909 :lol:
Well said Dovrebanen. I agree that it would breach unforgivable if Bella and Edward didn't handle it so well. Jacob doesn't know the situation, but he acts like he does. I'd say jealousy is definitely mixed in with his fear. Considering his age and hurt and feelings for Bella, I don't blame him for that even though he has no claim on her. It's only natural. He was still way out of line though.

HOFJ, Bella didn't purposefully drop that bomb on him, and she instantly regretted it for all their sakes. She did tell Jacob that it was none of his business, but yeah she should have said that before the whole thing slipped. How could Bella show more patience when Jacob grabbed her and threatened her husband? I see what you're saying about his age and that he was trying to get through the night for her, I just think he could have done better than that.

I'm glad you both were amused and not offended by what I find to be an obvious solution, at least in the beginning, to this danger of crushing Bella. ;) :lol:
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo