Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
ariadnee
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Edward Cullen #4

Post by ariadnee »

Jazz Girl wrote:So, here's my question: What did Edward really mean by "the offer"? Was he asking Jacob to stud for him, get Bella pregnant and then step aside? Or did he truly intend to give Bella up to him?
I agree with Esme Echo and eclipserox that he was offering anything. How would he have handled it, had Bella and Jacob taken him up on his offer? I think the answer is, "Not well."
Esme echo wrote:I wonder if Bella talked in her sleep that night, and whatever she said contributed to Edward's state of mind?
I, too, envisioned that Bella talking in her sleep during her crying jag was a contributor to Edward's enigmatic mood the following day. But unlike Jazz Girl, I have thought about what came out of her mouth. I imagined her calling out to both Edward and Jacob and wanting both to stay at different points in her dreams. Edward was appeased the morning following Fire and Ice by her off-hand explanation of why she called out to Jacob the night before, but he's not going to be fooled again. This time, he knows the depth of emotion that backs up her subconscious calls to Jacob. She doesn't have to say much out loud (she never does), but if she calls out to Jacob anywhere near as much as she calls out to Edward that night, it's going to have bothered Edward a lot more than he'd ever let on.
eclipserox wrote:1. If Bella got to know Jacob the vampire at school and started dating him before she got to know Edward the werewolf at La Push well, would she have been with Jacob?
2. Would Jacob have left at some point, as Edward did, if he thought he was putting Bella in danger?
3. If Jacob the vampire eventually impregnated Bella and Bella was having a difficult, life threatening pregnancy, how would Jacob and Edward the werewolf react? Would it be any different from how things actually played out?
Wow! Crazy questions that really make you bend your mind a bit. I think the answer to #2 is no. The rest I'm going to have to think on....

Thanks for listening! -Ariadnee
"None of us can choose where we will love." - Erik, from Susan Kay's Phantom

I've written an Edward POV fanfic for New Moon: http://login.fanfiction.net/story/story ... &chapter=1
gypsyeyes112
Settled in Forks

Post by gypsyeyes112 »

Esme echo wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:As to Jacob and Edward's relationship, I see it as a good one, if not a little contentious. There will always be the history of fighting for Bella, as well as the natural antagonism between vampire and wolf. But, Edward is the first to understand and acknowledge just how much he owes Jacob. Bella's life, over and over again. The fact that his family is whole and intact. His daughter's happiness. They will certainly always jibe at each other. I see them almost like brothers who are very close in age; always trying to irritate each other, but with a deep-seeded affection. And, I can't wait until the first time Jacob calls Edward, "Dad"!
I'm not so sure Edward and Jacob will still have "the history of fighting for Bella" between them. When Jacob impressed on Renesmee, all the emotional ties in his life were replaced with Renesmee's claim on him. I've always felt that Edward's irritation with Jacob was not so much that he was part of their lives from then on, or that Jacob had tried to get Bella away from him, but that Jacob was lionizing the available time he and Bella had with the baby . . . interferring with their chance to bond with their baby.

I see their future relationship more as teammates and friends working towards the same goals.
yeah, edward went through a lot to be with bella over jacob, to protect her and love her. Now he has to deal with that meddeling dog being with his and bella's daughter renesme,lol. Poor edward and bella...i feel so sorry for them. It's not fair, i wanted renesme to be free to find love not be forced to love jacob. And why couldn't jacob just fall in love with leah or some other girl!? Stupid jacob!!!!!
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

^^^ yeah because Bella didn't ever imply to Jacob that he was important... and he had so much control over who he IMPRINTED on. come on. really??

either way, no character bashing please.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
hrtwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by hrtwilight »

I am so sorry that I posted those questions then took off. Things got crazy at work and I had no time to check on here, I've been dying to read your thoughts. Forgive me for digressing from the current discussion.

After reading all of your posts on whether or not Edward would have had sex with Bella in the meadow if she had not stopped him I think that I agree with Adrienne. I think that he would have. I read and re-read the passage and all that leads up to it. In thinking about all that he had been through in the 42 hrs leading up to that moment (having to watch Jacob keep Bella warm throughout the night, hear her say "my Jacob", having her freak out after Jacob runs away, seeing her kiss Jacob, her realizing that she loves Jacob, then to be there throughout the night while she cried over Jacob) good gracious he must have felt quite insecure in both all the decisions that he had made and in their relationship, not to mention Bella's feelings for him. Even when they are kissing it says that (I am paraphrasing) her mouth was glued to his answering all of the unspoken questions that his asked. Right there that illustrates that he was questioning her feelings/love/desire for him. I think that he must of have so deeply hurt by all that had happened w/ Jacob. One thing that helps that kind of hurt is to have someone express their love for you-especially physically. However, I think that is a very small piece of the puzzle. Mainly, I think that when they were at the meadow he basically decided to give up or give in. What I mean is in his head he had made such a mess of things and caused her so much pain that his "morals" no longer seemed important. "His way" seemed like the complete wrong way. I think that this in combination with the whirl wind of emotions that he must of felt after everything that happened w/ Jacob made him want to have sex with Bella. Not to mention the fact that she had told him the day prior to FIGHT by having sex w/ her. I honestly believe that he decided to leave the decision up to her. I think deep down he knew that she probably would stop it, after she tells him to stop and that she doesn't want to he says "Don't you" in a very teasing way. However, I think at that moment he was completely giving in to Bella, all that she wanted and the way that she wanted to do things. He felt guilty for all the pain that he had caused her and really just wanted to give her whatever it was that she wanted (whether it be turning into a vampire or having sex w/ him), and as soon as possible. If you think about it, he had just said that she did not have to marry him, this was probably one of the things that wants most badly, for them to get married, and he had just "given in" and said that they did not have to get married. Compared to that, the idea of waiting to have sex seems much less significant. I think him saying that they didn't need to get married is very significant in illustrating the frame of mind that he was in. Additionally, in regards to her being changed into a vampire he says that he will turn her "tonight, no today" To me that kind of sounds like 'whatever I can do to make you happy and as soon as possible.' I definitely think that he is going overboard and I think that deep down that's what he really wanted, but I think he had decided to not care about what he wanted deep down, especially considering that he felt that he had been so selfish and stubborn previously. He did not feel that his wants were significant enough, plus he totally had lost trust in "his way." He even says that he no longer trusts himself. So this is why I now feel that if Bella had gone with it, if she had said that yes, having sex w/ him was what she wanted that he would have in that moment. (Whether or not he would have regretted it is a completely different discussion)

I hope that somewhat makes sense. (I was basically thinking out loud lol) Thank you all again so much for commenting on this, it really helped me to come to a conclusion about it =)
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Hey everyone, another question.

Describe Edward's emotions after Bella's kiss with Jacob. Or write a few sentences in his perspecctive in that sitautation,
hrtwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by hrtwilight »

As far as Jacob and Edward's relationship, I think it is very good now. I think the fact that Edward called Jacob his son is HUGE. Really, I think all along that Jacob had more ill feelings towards Edward than Edward did for him. In Fire and Ice Edward says that if Jacob wasn't trying to steal away Bella he might actually like him, then in BD (in the garage after Jacob takes off to the park for the day) Edward says that although Jacob may hate him that he looks at Jacob as a brother or a comrade in arms at least. I think the fact that Edward could hear Jacob's thoughts made a huge impact, really I think he understood why Bella cared for him so deeply. I think the fact that Bella no longer was drawn to Jacob after she had Reneesmee made a lot of the tension that existed b/ween them go away. If you recall that after Bella let herself breath around Jacob (after she and Edward got back from hunting, Jacob being the "test" to see if Bella could be around Reneesme) and said that she could see what everyone was going on about that Jacob stank Edward embraced her very tightly (to the point where he had to take a minute to compose himself) then whispered in her ear that he loved her. I think in this moment he realized that she no longer had any romantic feelings for Jacob-that the whole love triangle thing was over and from that moment on Jacob turned into something else completely in their lives. He turned into something that was attached to their daughter. I think that Edward is accepting of the relationship that Jacob and Reneesme have. I actually think that they are probably very close. Think about it, Jacob would do anything for Bella or Reneesme the two things that Edward loves the most in this world. I think that in future books (hopefully Reneesme's story) we will see a very deep bond and good relationship b/ween the two of them. They will probably always take little jibes at one another, but in a very playful, brotherly (or father son in law) way.

However, I was wondering....Do you think that they (Bella, Edward, Jacob) will ever tell Reneesme about everything that happened w/ Jacob and Bella???!!! That would be crazy to hear if you were Reneesme!!! Ugh that would be just WEIRD
Mara Jade Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Mara Jade Cullen »

I'm sorry, Mrs. EC. I don't want to ignore your question. I'm just not that creative at the moment.

Can I ask a question of everyone? Is Edward a boxers, briefs or commando guy?
Okay. its kinda wierd, I know. But in the Isle Esme chapter it mentions how Edward apparently got (half) dressed in the blink of an eye--faster than Bella could even track. I know he's a vampire, but still. You'd think multiple layers would take more time. *Shrugs* Couldn't help the question running through my mind.
Since he's old-fashioned, I'd generally go with one of the first two. But then again, going by that logic, he should also wear an undershirt which he definitely does not.
And vampires don't secrete oils or other substances that would cause them to really need underwear.
So I dunno and thought I would see what the consensus was here--if you aren't offended/embarrased by the question. :oops:

I guess we do know about Jacob since he can only carry the one item around his ankle. :lol:
Team Edward
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:Hey everyone, another question.

Describe Edward's emotions after Bella's kiss with Jacob. Or write a few sentences in his perspective in that situation,
It had to happen, I kept telling myself. If she doesn't do this, then she'll never be able to know whether she was right to choose me.
I tried to take it stoically, but the very idea of him being that close to her, sharing that sort of affection with her, made me clench my fists and lock my jaw.
The fact that I could hear everything he was thinking, that he was deliberately thinking the most crude, vulgar things just to get to me, well that certainly did not help things.
But I watched her in his thoughts, watched every tiny alteration in her expression, every furrow of her brow, every slight smile playing at the corners of her mouth, all of it. And I knew, painful as it was to realize, I knew that she loved him too, that she could certainly have a happy and full life with him, if only I weren't around. If only I'd never been around.
The urge I felt to flee, to leave her there and let her have her normal human life with a man that she could live and die with, was almost overwhelming. She deserved better than me, and he would be good to her.
But I knew better now. It was her choice, ultimately, and I was not going to leave her side again, not ever, unless she wanted me to.
I watched her face as she slowly fell in love with him. I watched, and I hurt.

^^how's that?^^
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SenorGimp wrote:
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:Hey everyone, another question.

Describe Edward's emotions after Bella's kiss with Jacob. Or write a few sentences in his perspective in that situation,
It had to happen, I kept telling myself. If she doesn't do this, then she'll never be able to know whether she was right to choose me.
I tried to take it stoically, but the very idea of him being that close to her, sharing that sort of affection with her, made me clench my fists and lock my jaw.
The fact that I could hear everything he was thinking, that he was deliberately thinking the most crude, vulgar things just to get to me, well that certainly did not help things.
But I watched her in his thoughts, watched every tiny alteration in her expression, every furrow of her brow, every slight smile playing at the corners of her mouth, all of it. And I knew, painful as it was to realize, I knew that she loved him too, that she could certainly have a happy and full life with him, if only I weren't around. If only I'd never been around.
The urge I felt to flee, to leave her there and let her have her normal human life with a man that she could live and die with, was almost overwhelming. She deserved better than me, and he would be good to her.
But I knew better now. It was her choice, ultimately, and I was not going to leave her side again, not ever, unless she wanted me to.
I watched her face as she slowly fell in love with him. I watched, and I hurt.

^^how's that?^^
Just, Wow!!! Even if I thought for a moment I could top that, I wouldn't even want to try.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

-takes a bow-
haha, thanks.
Never tried Edward's POV before, I really like it, that might be an idea for another fan fic, as soon as I get around to writing it...
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp