Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
jenmick2
Settled in Forks

Re: Edward Cullen #4

Post by jenmick2 »

I love Edwards POV. And not just because of his thought process, but also because he reads other thoughts and you get a glimpse of them through Edward.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:I'm shocked none of you have mentioned Breaking Dawn in Edward's perspective. I'm dying for Midnight Sun and a whole MS saga. :lol: But Breaking Dawn in Edward's perspective would be amazing to me. Seeing the wedding through his eyes, the shock when Bella becomes pregnant, and his first glimpse of fatherhood, would be amazing to see through his mind. Especially when he's in daddy mode. I find that when he's very protective of Nessie and fatherly that I just swoon over him more. There's just so many sides to Edward. He has a gentle, romantic side, and rough and protective side, mischievious and bad( ;) ) side. You can't help but fall in love with each one. Which leads me to this question..

Which side of his is your favorite?
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3, I agree. Breaking Dawn through Edward's eyes would be lovely. The wedding especially. And, as I said, one of the scenes I would look forward to the most would be the last two chapters. But, I don't know that I could experience Bella's pregnancy through his eyes. More so than his pain in NM, more so than his uncertainty and fear at the end of Eclipse, his madness and terror when he knows he is losing Bella, is physically restrained from helping her in any way, so torn by the reactions of his family and then having to deal with Sam and the pack, and then watch Bella still need Jacob.... :? :cry: I just don't think I could get through that. I would do my damndest if SM gifted us with that. But, wow......

As for which side of Edward is my favorite, I think the quiet, loving side. One of my favorite moments, exchanges between Bella and Edward happens in Breaking Dawn. When Bella leaves the first time to meet J Jenks. When Bella returns home, Edward is playing his piano and the song immediately changes into Bella's lullaby. Bella says, "Edward was welcoming me home." And then, when she goes into the house, he stays at the piano, continuing to play her song. As they talk about Bella's trip, he turns on the bench, pulls her into his arms and holds her as they talk. It is such a simple, understated gesture. But, also one that is so meaningful.

And, again, just before the final battle is to begin, Bella and Edward are in the meadow, "and we stayed very close to each other, always touching. Whatever end found us, it would not find us spearated." When the family steps forward to confront the Volturi, the first thing Edward does is reach back, taking Bella's hand.

There are just so many quiet, understated ways in which we see just how devoted to each other they are. It is so beautiful, reminicent of Alice and Jasper. That is the side of Edward I love the most. Though, none of those other sides are half bad either. :lol:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by IloveAliceCullen<3 »

I so agree with you Jazzgirl.
That's the nicest part of Edward's personallity. I love every touch of him and Bella.
That's why my favourite part in Twilight is chapter 13; Confessions.
(It's too bad that chapter isn't at the online-version of Midnight Sun!)

I really loved that chapter, because every single touch they made means so much.
I loved the "He stood behind me with his arms around my waist" parts as well!
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Jazz Girl, once again you and me are thinking alike. But I think I could stand seeing Bella's pregnancy through his eyes. For some reason I keep thinking I'll see him reminscing and making up a future they could've had if she would be alive. But I know that he'll have some hope she'll stay alive. And he knew already she'll always need Jacob in her life, just not in the way she needs him, which is satisfying enough.
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:Jazz Girl, once again you and me are thinking alike. But I think I could stand seeing Bella's pregnancy through his eyes. For some reason I keep thinking I'll see him reminscing and making up a future they could've had if she would be alive. But I know that he'll have some hope she'll stay alive. And he knew already she'll always need Jacob in her life, just not in the way she needs him, which is satisfying enough.
I would love to believe that Edward had some hope throughout the pregnancy, some small sliver of faith that Bella would survive and they could be together. But, I just don't see it. I think about how completely desperate he is, begging Jacob to father children for her, to kill him when she dies. I see him as the burning man and I just know that, in those moments, he knows he is losing her. Those would be the moments I couldn't read.

Now, yes, once he hears Renesmee's thoughts, realizes that she isn't the monster he saw in his waking nightmares, he does start to plan, to hope. The change in him there is amazing and I would actually love to read those thoughts, to see that hope take root and his almost fanatical focus on the ways he can keep Bella alive and give her what she wants most. But, until that moment, no way. He is beyond tormented and I just don't think I could live that with him. It would just be too amazingly painful.

As for Jacob, I agree and disagree. Yes, Edward fully acknowledged that Bella would always love and need Jacob. He even understood why. But, I think there is just a part of him that, in seeing his uber-pregnant wife who insists that marrying him, making love to him, conceiving and giving birth to his child has made her unfailingly ecstatic, still need another man in her life to make it complete is truly hurt. And, to have to add that hurt to all the others in those moments is just a lot to bare.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
ariadnee
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ariadnee »

Jazz Girl wrote:Now, yes, once he hears Renesmee's thoughts, realizes that she isn't the monster he saw in his waking nightmares, he does start to plan, to hope. The change in him there is amazing and I would actually love to read those thoughts, to see that hope take root and his almost fanatical focus on the ways he can keep Bella alive and give her what she wants most. But, until that moment, no way. He is beyond tormented and I just don't think I could live that with him. It would just be too amazingly painful.
For once, Jazz Girl, my answer and yours are different. I love spending time with Edward up until the end of the "burning man" section, because I can empathize with him. I have known what it felt like to be "burning" before, maybe not to the extent that Edward does, but I can imagine and envision it. I could listen to the burning and the borderline madness in his head. And everything about Edward that has come before it - I have just enough context to really empathize with what it is like to be Edward throughout the series.

But I get lost when he stops burning. For the first time in the series, I empathize more with Bella than Edward, perhaps because I have been a mother, and not a father. All of a sudden, I'm more interested in the Bella POV. She becomes an assertive, loving, mother bear-type, and I really get her. It was a little disorienting when I first read BD, to get half-way through and all of a sudden have my perspective turn. Others have commented similarly on this forum.

That being said, I would still read it in a heartbeat if offered. I think any of us would read anything Twilight-oriented that SM offered!

Thanks for listening. - Ariadnee
"None of us can choose where we will love." - Erik, from Susan Kay's Phantom

I've written an Edward POV fanfic for New Moon: http://login.fanfiction.net/story/story ... &chapter=1
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Aaaahhh! I completely forgot to add my PS to my post earlier. My many apologies Ariadnee. As a very fortunte individual who has been privy to Ariadnee's writing, let me HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend reading Running. It is absolutely wonderful and captures Edward perfectly, in my opinion. You are truly gifted, Ariadnee, and thank you for sharing. :)

And, yes, of course, you are absolutely right. I would read it in half a heartbeat. I just know that I would be a wreck the whole way through that piece of it. :cry: I am honestly not sure if I could make it through it, despite my best efforts. And, yes, I agree completely about the perspective change as well. It was a bit of a 180 for me, as well. For us mothers, I think it does become very very easy to understand Bella from that moment on. I'm actually very proud of her throughout the rest of BD. :D
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:I'm shocked none of you have mentioned Breaking Dawn in Edward's perspective. I'm dying for Midnight Sun and a whole MS saga. :lol: But Breaking Dawn in Edward's perspective would be amazing to me. Seeing the wedding through his eyes, the shock when Bella becomes pregnant, and his first glimpse of fatherhood, would be amazing to see through his mind. Especially when he's in daddy mode. I find that when he's very protective of Nessie and fatherly that I just swoon over him more. There's just so many sides to Edward. He has a gentle, romantic side, and rough and protective side, mischievious and bad( ;) ) side. You can't help but fall in love with each one. Which leads me to this question..

Ahh yes, BD. To hear his thoughts as Bella walked down the aisle, she described his expression "severe with the depth of his emotion" what I would give to know that depth from his POV. The honeymoon and his anxiety over becoming physically intimate and the joy that whole act brought them before he saw the bruises and ruined it.

The pregnancy revelation - what was he thinking while frozen in one spot as she tried to fathom her new condition, what did Carlisle say to him on the phone, so forth. And of course, the "burning man" part would be powerful. His thoughts while he listened to Renesmee in utero - the wonder on his face.
And of course the horrible birth, and working maniacally to save her life. The moment she opened her eyes to her new life, their first night in the cottage - oh just everything, what can I say.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking, BD from his perspective... watching Bella walk down the aisle...yhe WHOLE TIME on Isle Esme-- esp when Bella tries to seduce him with the lingerie! (I cannot WAIT to hear about the first kiss from his perspective. I almost peed in my pants thinking about it.) Like Jazz Girl said... the first time he hears Bella's mind would be amazing. Even hearing his thoughts as Bella is transformed. The birth scene!

Edward as a father is, you know, nice. I'm just more interested in Edward as an object of desire ;) .

Image Image Image
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

Okay...please excuse me for my lack of profound insight. And maybe this is just a result of me being boyfriend-less for 9 days and therefore feeling "unsatisfied," but any and all physical scenes from his perspective. The night he showed her the "benefits of the bed" and the leg hitch thing. The lingerie - I would LOVE to see how that REALLY affected him, even though he appeared rather calm and collected. I want to know how much of an understatement it was when he responded "me too" after Bella lamented the loss of her black lacy thing - saying "too bad - I liked that one." Grrrrr.... I want to know how hard it was for him to walk Bella calmly through their brand new cottage instead of just attacking her, or if perhaps there was something else going on in his mind.

Oh...and the conversation in the tent with Jacob. And the proposal. And the moment he realized in Italy that he was alive. And the moment he found out through the wolves' brains that Jacob kissed Bella and she kissed back. And what he thought when he first saw vampy Bella. And what he was thinking when he knew Bella was keeping things from him in BD. Actually...all of BD. We didn't get that many glimpses into his head in that book, and SO much happened. He was a bit distant from the reader at times, because there were many parts that weren't about HIM.

Honestly, the thought that SM would give us Twilight from Edward's POV and not the rest just kills my heart ded. I love the Edward character and I feel like I really "get" him, but reading thebookthatshallnotbenamed just blew me away. I couldn't get enough of being in there. And after re-reading all of the books after that, I was constantly telling myself "I want to read this scene from inside Edward's head - what is that boy thinking???" There is a lot of stuff that is never revealed, and I'm dying to know what's going on. I hope SM was just saying she wouldn't "need" to finish the saga from Ed's POV because she was feeling tired and sick of it...and that once she jumps in she will change her mind.

Image Image