Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Seeker-Mar
Wandering Through Town

Re: Renesmee #2

Post by Seeker-Mar »

I think she would have a really close relationship with Rose. Rose loves her so much. I also think Rose gets a bad rep for not caring if Bella died. Remember that is Edward's perspective. The fact that Rose would stop him from forcing Bella into an abortion equates to her only caring about the baby to him. It doesn't mean that was all that she felt.

I also think Renesmee would want a close relationship with Edward because most little girls long for a caring relationship with their Daddy's. I just assume having a Dad who can read your mind would be a little awkward once you hit puberty.

She gave Alice headaches before she was born? I don’t think they will be very close if that’s the case. Obviously Alice loves her but how could she be close to someone who makes her feel bad. She was close to Jacob but only because he made her Nessie induced headaches go away, right?
I don’t remember SM explaining how the half vampire/half humans affect Alice after birth. Do they just make it so she is blind like the wolves or do they make her head hurt. Either way doesn’t it seem like Alice would get sick of feeling bad surrounded by wolves and Nessie?
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure and full of quiet gentleness. Then it is peace-loving and courteous. It allows discussion and is willing to yield to others; it is full of mercy and good deeds. James 3:17
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Nessie wasn't the direct cause of Alice's headaches- the fact that she was inside Bella, and thus making Bella's future fuzzy, was what was giving her the headaches. If I recall, she mentions having difficulty trying to see around "the fetus" when she spoke with Jacob.

Also, when Charlie came to visit, Bella held on to Nessie to calm herself down. Alice complained that it would make things harder for her to see, but Bella insisted.
Seeker-Mar
Wandering Through Town

Post by Seeker-Mar »

ringswraith wrote:Also, when Charlie came to visit, Bella held on to Nessie to calm herself down. Alice complained that it would make things harder for her to see, but Bella insisted.
This is a good point. I still don't think she would be that close with Alice though, since Alice can't see around her. I'm sure they will be family but I still see her being closer to Rose and Esme. I agree with the others who don't see Alice as very maternal.

Although, if Renesmee ends up liking being spoiled then she might love being dressed up by Aunt Alice.
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure and full of quiet gentleness. Then it is peace-loving and courteous. It allows discussion and is willing to yield to others; it is full of mercy and good deeds. James 3:17
AyaDiefair
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AyaDiefair »

I think she would be closest to Bella. Even though she was unaware of Edwards negative reaction to her existence, subconsciously she would want to be closer to Bella and Rosalie because they were the ones protecting her throughout her growth. Of course she wouldn't hate the rest of her family, they didn't know any better.

Alice would most definitely be the least attached to her I think. Steph points out that that the reason Alice can't see Warewolves or half breeds is because she never was one, where as she sees Vampires and humans because she was and is one. Jacob and Renesmee (gosh I hate that name and her nickname) are going to be in the future of the Cullens from now on, and if I had the gift of foresight that gave constant blurry pictures of the future because of those two interferences, I would want to be distant from the causes as well.

Total Twilight Fan wrote: Having blood in her veins may make her a stronger vampire, as it is stated that the newborns are so strong because of her own blood, but why is she growing so fast?

If Edward does not age at all, and Bella ages normally, would she not age slowly instead of quickly?

Renesmee is only half vampire, her heart still pumps blood through her veins. Because of having her own blood and the blood of the animals she feeds upon constantly pumping through her body I believe causes the rapid growth spurt. The other half breed stated (I forgot his name, Nahuel?) he stopped growing and aging in his early 20's, this is because human beings actually stop growing around that same age and then the vampire half sort of freezes him there.

That is my theory on that.
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
piya
Settled in Forks

Post by piya »

i think Edward amongst the parents and Emmett and Esme amongst the family.

Of course she loves Bella a lot but i think she will be more close to Edward. This is evident in Breaking Dawn while Bella is practicing shielding with Kate , Edward and Renesmee (how she and Edward are already in on the conspiracy with Kate without giving Bella a single hint)
For Emmett, well which kid wouldn't like an uncle who arm wrestles, breaks boulders, makes card houses and does what not crazy stuff to entertain her.
A doting grandmother, Esme, who lets renesmee break her own favorite silverware for fun is all thats needed to complete her perfect childhood.
her love for Jacob cant be compared to her love for her family. its just so different. we cant compare Bella's love for Edward and Charlie. its not more or less but its just different. don't u think?
TMusings
Settled in Forks

Post by TMusings »

Which members of her family do you think Nessie will be closest to when she grows up? Which parent?
Definitely Bella; the mother- daughter bond in the book was very strong.

Among the members of the family I'm sure she will be closest to:
-Rosalie because she is always looking after her.
-Carlisle because he is constanly interacting with her (measuring, weighting her, even trying to feed her baby formula, lol)
-Esme because who doesn't love Esme? Plus, she is such a loving, motherly person who I'm sure loved the idea to finally be able to care for a child...and willingly sacrifized her second favorite silverware for Nessie.
More than eighty years had passed since Carlisle had found Esme, and yet he still looked at her with with the incredulous eyes of first love. It would always be that way for them.- Edward.
Jeakat
Wandering Through Town

Post by Jeakat »

TMusings wrote:
Which members of her family do you think Nessie will be closest to when she grows up? Which parent?
Definitely Bella; the mother- daughter bond in the book was very strong.

Among the members of the family I'm sure she will be closest to:
-Rosalie because she is always looking after her.
-Carlisle because he is constanly interacting with her (measuring, weighting her, even trying to feed her baby formula, lol)
-Esme because who doesn't love Esme? Plus, she is such a loving, motherly person who I'm sure loved the idea to finally be able to care for a child...and willingly sacrifized her second favorite silverware for Nessie.
I think Edward's mind-reading will come into play an awful lot with the progression of his relationship with Nessie. I think it'll be awkward when she hits puberty. No doubt about it. But then again, one of the problems teens face is that they think no one understands them. I'm not trying to generalise, but I think it's a common theme. Nessie will know that Edward understands exactly how she's feeling and know where she's coming from, and I think that'll make their relationship a bit easier. I'm not sure that'll make her closer to Edward than to Bella, but I think it'll help.

To be honest, I think Nessie will relate to each of her family members in different ways. She'll be able to pick who to go to with certain problems.
I wasn’t born a compassionless shrew. I used to be sort of nice, you know - Leah Clearwater, Breaking Dawn, p.316
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I think that Renesmee will love Edward and Bella equally, but in different ways, much the same way a child would love both her equally loving parents.

I think she will always love Rose, but I think in time she will see that Rose is a bit shallow. I think that Alice will become more of a favourite, as now that Bella is a vampire, Alice will probably want to dress Renesmee instead, and live vicariously through her, not to mention that Alice is closer to Bella and Edward than Rosalie is.
Leah Forever
Settled in Forks

Post by Leah Forever »

I'm thinking she will grow up to be a brat.

Seriously. Everyone admits she's spoiled, she's growing up in lots of money, she's getting her own way all the time, people will fight to the death to protect her... All of that can't have a good effect on her, which is why I think she'll turn out spoiled, temperamental, bratty, and just plain intolerable.

Please don't lynch me.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I won't lynch you, but I'll disagree with you! :) We have only seen a small bit of the way Renesmee has been brought up, so I don't think there's any reason to think just because they mention at one point that she's going to be spoiled that they are going to give her everything she wants all the time. It's clear she already has boundaries (certainly in the area of what she can hunt - they won't even let her use donated blood except in emergencies) and I'm sure if we saw her in every day life, we would see others being introduced as well.