Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Jessica Stanley

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss Jessica.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
catie
Settled in Forks

Re: Jessica Stanley

Post by catie »

Were you guys shocked by the fact that Jessica (as revealed in the first chapter of Midnight Sun) wasn't a huge fan of Bella from the start, or did you all think that she was using Bella from the beginning anyway.

Personally, I was shocked, because I thought that she really did like her - although slightly jealous of Mike's interest in her. I thought that she only went off Bella because she retreated into her shell after Edward left.

Anyway, I was just wondering what you guys thought.
x
The common or garden Catie. Often found on the HisGoldenEyes forums. Strange obsession with Twilight and her own superiority.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

^^ TOTALLY! i promise i finished that first chapter- and now i hate Jessica haha. I mean i always had a feeling she was jealous, but i didn't think she was SO bitter...i really hate her now haha.
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Fangirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by Fangirl »

I admit I always saw it as a jealousy thing.
Because she's your typical high school girl. But, mah, she makes it so much more interesting!
But I like the fact that we see more of her in Midnight Sun. Like the bit where the girls all go shopping. You learn so much more about her.
"After a few minutes, he asked, real quitely, if you turned into an animal, too. And I said, 'She wishes she was that cool!'"Jacob, Breaking Dawn
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

I wasn't that shocked myself. You can tell that Bella suspects at least a hint of it, if not the full extent. Like how she doesn't really want to reveal anything to Jessica because Bella knows that Jess is just looking for gossip. And then Jessica sides with Lauren after Bella's "absence."
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Court
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Court »

i always had a feeling about it from the beginning. jessica just seemed kind of shallow. i knew a girl like her in high school who kinda hung around whoever could do the most for her at whatever given time and i just hated that. I don't think she's a bad person necessarily, just needs to grow up quite a bit.
TheVampireChick
Settled in Forks

Post by TheVampireChick »

Yeah. Even early on, she gave me the impression that she was hanging out with Bella so she could glom onto the "shiny object" that had everyone's attention. She almost seems like she would have fit in well in Rosalie's human family. She has that sort of social climbing attitude, like she wants to make sure she has the "right" friends.
carmabelle
Settled in Forks

Post by carmabelle »

kay.... i have a question that has been bothering me for a long time LOL

Why is Jessia mad at Bella for the night that they went to Port angeles afer bella woke up??? like what was her big problem
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

carmabelle wrote:kay.... i have a question that has been bothering me for a long time LOL

Why is Jessia mad at Bella for the night that they went to Port angeles afer bella woke up??? like what was her big problem

Well, Jessica was freaked the hell out. Here they were two young girls, alone, in the dark, and Bella starts walking up to a bunch of dudes at a sketchy looking bar? I mean, Bella was endangering both of them at that moment. I can see why Jess would be pissed.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
carmabelle
Settled in Forks

Post by carmabelle »

moon sidhe wrote:
carmabelle wrote:kay.... i have a question that has been bothering me for a long time LOL

Well, Jessica was freaked the hell out. Here they were two young girls, alone, in the dark, and Bella starts walking up to a bunch of dudes at a sketchy looking bar? I mean, Bella was endangering both of them at that moment. I can see why Jess would be pissed.
ok i see your point but i still think she was over reacting just i little.