Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
MelDSilvers
Settled in Forks

Re: Jessica Stanley

Post by MelDSilvers »

I always knew Jessica was jealous of Bella because she attracted the school boys -especially Mike and in some way Edward (for being the hottest guy there that nobody had dated)-. But when I read Midnight Sun's first chapter, I was shocked by her 'mean' mentality. I always knew she was kind of plastic and superficial in some way, but I thought part of her interest in Bella was sincere. But when I read she used Bella, I hated her, not that Bella ever cared about that, I think she always knew but didn't give it any importance lol, way to go Bells! <3 That's what I like about Bella's personality; her lack of concern about the society, well at least she shows that in TW. Later I think she gives more importance to it, with the wedding, etc.

But I also think that characters as Jessica are the ones who distinguish the two worlds, the world of fantasy, of the vampires and werewolves, from the real world, the day to day reality.

Oh, I must quote something Bella said about Jessica's anger due to the incident in Port Angeles. I don't have book in hand but it was something like this: "It appears Jessica wanted a formal letter asking forgiveness" it made me laugh. (If someone finds it, can you post it, please?)
~ Put your faith in what you most believe in ~
Loving Edward, adoring Jacob.

"Edward: He phaised in front of Charlie"
[...]
Jacob: You should've seen his face when I started taking my clothes off, though. Priceless" Breaking dawn.
edwardislove
Wandering Through Town

Post by edwardislove »

I knew Jess was bad news from the start. :x
E♥B

"Does she even like Italian?" (Rosalie)
"Her name's Bella. I'm sure she'll love it." (Emmett)
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

Bella said she wondered from Jessica's reaction to Edward, when she'd asked him out, and she turned him down?
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
Jessalyn118
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Jessalyn118 »

I absolutely like Anna Kendrick for the role..
I like her teeth!
When she flashed them in the Portland scene, I was dazzled,
I thought "I want to have those kind to teeth"
they are fabulous
"It's all about who you know"

"In that case, i hope you enjoy disappointment"

Edward Cullen

BiteMeEdward.
Wandering Through Town

Post by BiteMeEdward. »

Jessalyn118 wrote:I absolutely like Anna Kendrick for the role..
I like her teeth!
they are fabulous
but aren't people from arizona supposed to be like.. really tan? - Jessica (movie) (:

hahaa. i wonder if her and mike ever end up together... they're holding hands at the wedding but still.

Team Edward. Until the end of timee. <3
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

I always knew Jessica Stanley was baaaaaaaaaaaaaad news. I always knew she was jealous of Bella and just using her...Honestly I think that Jessica was using her because if she attracted all the boys then she might get Edward Cullen's attention so she can use Bella to get to Edward. :twisted: :evil: I know my thoughts are shocking but I think Jessica was using her for that. You know what would've been very weird? weird to the fullest extent? If if was Jessica and Edward..instead of Bella and Edward...*shudder* :oops: :oops: :oops: :evil:
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

BiteMeEdward. wrote:
Jessalyn118 wrote:I absolutely like Anna Kendrick for the role..
I like her teeth!
they are fabulous
but aren't people from arizona supposed to be like.. really tan? - Jessica (movie) (:

hahaa. i wonder if her and mike ever end up together... they're holding hands at the wedding but still.
Btw I luvvvvv ur Username. lol Yea i think that will likely happen.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:I always knew Jessica Stanley was baaaaaaaaaaaaaad news. I always knew she was jealous of Bella and just using her...Honestly I think that Jessica was using her because if she attracted all the boys then she might get Edward Cullen's attention so she can use Bella to get to Edward. :twisted: :evil: I know my thoughts are shocking but I think Jessica was using her for that. You know what would've been very weird? weird to the fullest extent? If if was Jessica and Edward..instead of Bella and Edward...*shudder* :oops: :oops: :oops: :evil:
Ew gross. Jess and Edward - not a pleasnt thought.

I really didn't mind Jess until she joined Lauren in hating Bella openly before I read Midnight Sun. When I finally saw inside the girl's head, she seemed pure evil. It was ever more obvisous that she was using Bella to get the attention, and if I remember correctly, Bella thought so too.
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!

RebeccaCullen wrote:
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:I always knew Jessica Stanley was baaaaaaaaaaaaaad news. I always knew she was jealous of Bella and just using her...Honestly I think that Jessica was using her because if she attracted all the boys then she might get Edward Cullen's attention so she can use Bella to get to Edward. :twisted: :evil: I know my thoughts are shocking but I think Jessica was using her for that. You know what would've been very weird? weird to the fullest extent? If if was Jessica and Edward..instead of Bella and Edward...*shudder* :oops: :oops: :oops: :evil:
Ew gross. Jess and Edward - not a pleasnt thought.

I really didn't mind Jess until she joined Lauren in hating Bella openly before I read Midnight Sun. When I finally saw inside the girl's head, she seemed pure evil. It was ever more obvisous that she was using Bella to get the attention, and if I remember correctly, Bella thought so too.[/quote

Yea exactly..But i always had a little feeling about Jess..and yes I do believe Bella thought that 2.
AnnieBee
Settled in Forks

Post by AnnieBee »

LOL, I totally agree with MelDSilvers!!!
I did not like Jessica very much off the bat; I thought her somewhat shallow. But when I read Midnight Sun... I was so angry, it was sick. To have been able to see into her real thoughts was a good thing, but it was also so despicable.. and when she joined Lauren in the "Let's hate Bella" club...
I do have to say, Stephanie Meyer captured some of the rivalry that goes on in high school girls amazingly well!
Kudos to you Ms. Meyer!!!