Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
BlackSun
Settled in Forks

Re: Mike Newton

Post by BlackSun »

Dear Mike:
Props for trying but you should have been less nice, less concerned and of course less friendly. You shouldn't have employed sad mopey zombie Bella , you really shouldn't have tried to include her when she was new and lonely You are not allowed to be attracted to her when she is in love with someone else and also if possible...can you be a mythical creature?

Sincerely
B.S. 8-)
ImageImage
BlackSun
Settled in Forks

Post by BlackSun »

Dear Mike:
Props for trying but you should have been less nice, less concerned and of course less friendly. You shouldn't have employed sad mopey zombie Bella , you really shouldn't have tried to include her when she was new and lonely You are not allowed to be attracted to her when she is in love with someone else and also if possible...can you be a mythical creature?

Sincerely
B.S. 8-)
ImageImage
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I love Bella's reference to Mike as a golden retriever. When she pictures him with a wagging tail, I can totally see that.

I, too, believe that Mike's thoughts at the wedding were more on the lusty side. I can understand Edward getting mad about that, I mean it's his wedding for goodness sakes, but Mike had no idea his thoughts weren't completely private.

Overall, I don't look too badly on Mike. I think he brings some more humor into the story.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

Mike,
If you get tired of that old hag, Bella, you can always have me. ;)
I would entertain you every night. I would love to listen to your 'nattering'. (cough, SHAKESPEARE!, cough)
:lol:

You can lust after me any day.

Love,
A Devoted Fangirl. *maniacal laughter*
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
glstewart
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by glstewart »

Ms.BelleFlanders wrote:Mike is a nice guy! Just because he can be compared to Edward, doesn't mean he's not likable.
I missed him on BD!
I missed Mike in BD too. Golden retriever qualities aside (that one made me laugh), he was always a good friend to Bella. I would love to see his reaction to the "new" Bella! :o

Actually, I missed all the H.S. group, but since they're all away at college I guess it makes sense that they're not around. Maybe Stephanie could have had Bella run into someone around town during the Christmas break. I guess there was enough drama going on at the time to add any more.
I Want to Believe
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I love Mike!!

I feel really sorry for him because of the fact that he's completely and unknowingly surrounded by incredibly hot mythical creatures. I don't think that he would have ended up with Bella even if myths were just . . . myths, but still. I love him for trying. (Not that that would be good in real life.)

But I do hate the way he and jessica are going out, and bella's getting married and he still wants her. He should be better to jessica - i really hated him in twilight when he turned jessica down for the dance because he hoped bella would ask him.

but i think he is a fantastic character. :D
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:you guys do realize he was probably just thinking about how pretty bella looked right? the normal jealous thoughts of a teenage boy? nothing to describe him as a "buttface" for. although i really do enjoy that insult. it's my favorite.
i doubt it,it was probably something really dirty, poor edward having to hear that about his wife on his wedding day.
Jane V

Post by Jane V »

Twilightlover101 wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:you guys do realize he was probably just thinking about how pretty bella looked right? the normal jealous thoughts of a teenage boy? nothing to describe him as a "buttface" for. although i really do enjoy that insult. it's my favorite.
i doubt it,it was probably something really dirty, poor edward having to hear that about his wife on his wedding day.
oh, wow. i thought that too. it's normal for teenage boys, and obviously Mike doesn't realize that Edward can read his mind, but really! lol. :lol:
pity, too, because i pretty much disliked Mike throughout the entire series, and i was just starting to like him at the wedding....until that. :roll:
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

BlackSun wrote:Dear Mike:

Sincerely
B.S. 8-)
if that was sarcasm, which i think it was, that was HYSTERICAL.
Twilightlover101 wrote:
poor edward!?! seriously guys. let's not go overboard. mike has a right to his thoughts however dirty they may be. and edward doesn't HAVE to listen.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
glstewart

Post by glstewart »

I'm with you, HOFJ. Mike does have a right to his impure thoughts, it's not like he knows Edward is in on them, and he was never outwardly disrespectful to Bella. As long as he's polite and his thoughts aren't actually hurtful, he can think whatever he wants.

On the other hand, I can understand Edward "checking in" on Mike's thoughts where they concern Bella because he knows perfectly well where Mike's thoughts tend to drift, and he (Edward) is naturally protective of His Bella.
I Want to Believe