Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Renesmee

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i agree. but i bet, and correct me if i'm wrong, that if i said that you weren't a true fan because you didn't like jacob, you would be pretty offended, wouldn't you???

now i don't know that you don't like jacob. again, i'm just guessing here. i could be totally wrong. but the point remains the same.

besides, mindless, thoughtless worship of a book without considering what you are reading and REALLY evaluating it's quality is not fandom. and i'm pretty sure SM realizes that.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
happy_alice
Settled in Forks

Post by happy_alice »

She's so cute! I love her, I love her, I love her! I loved it when she thought the vampires were coming for the scenery. And when she asked Edward if she could bite Jacob. And when she called Bella and Edward mommy and daddy!

I could totally see Edward as a Daddy. Same with Bella as a Mommy.

She's just so cute! I was under her charm the minute she was properly introduced in the book!
The sun one day will break out of the clouds and forever silence the darkness. All we have to do is be happy.

~happy_alice
Alice's_Guineapig.x
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice's_Guineapig.x »

Krystal wrote:
Tatianyah wrote:Oh my goodness when Renesmee was in Bella I absolutely hated her because she was hurting poor Bella! And I thought Rosalie was being selfish by protecting the baby while bella was dieing. But once she was born I fell inlove with her and I relized that she actually completed the Cullen family.

I sooo predicted that Jacob would imprint on her once I realized Renesmee was a girl!! :mrgreen:
I feel the exact same way! She completes the Cullen family. I also didn't like the "fetus" when she was inside Bella, but once I got to know her, I thought she was the cutest!! (:

Same, I hated the little monster but Renesmee is cute and wonderful. I think her character could develop in so many different ways so I hope SM writes a book from Nessie's POV!.x
"And I'm a virgo!" - Bella Cullen (Calling her that is so cool!.x)

"Ow!" - Edward Cullen

I love it, love it!..x
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

Alice's_Guineapig.x wrote:
Krystal wrote:
Tatianyah wrote:Oh my goodness when Renesmee was in Bella I absolutely hated her because she was hurting poor Bella! And I thought Rosalie was being selfish by protecting the baby while bella was dieing. But once she was born I fell inlove with her and I relized that she actually completed the Cullen family.

I sooo predicted that Jacob would imprint on her once I realized Renesmee was a girl!! :mrgreen:
I feel the exact same way! She completes the Cullen family. I also didn't like the "fetus" when she was inside Bella, but once I got to know her, I thought she was the cutest!! (:

Same, I hated the little monster but Renesmee is cute and wonderful. I think her character could develop in so many different ways so I hope SM writes a book from Nessie's POV!.x
Yes! I really hope she does write it from Nessie's POV! I really want to know what she is thinking, even though when she is showing someone we sort of know. I just think it would be a really good book! (:
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

I enjoyed Nessie as a character and I would love to see more of her!
Bella was great as a maternal figure, and she is SO lucky to have Edward as her father. AAAW! :D
ColormeBSG
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

Literary Crusader wrote:
Lioness Rampant wrote:I enjoyed Nessie as a character and I would love to see more of her!
Bella was great as a maternal figure, and she is SO lucky to have Edward as her father. AAAW! :D
Why? Edward has such a superiority complex and is so masochistic and self-centered. I'm really glad my father is absolutely nothing like Edward.
Hahahahaha
:lol:

I do think however, think that Nessie changed Edward's entire view on the world. From the minuet he "heard" her in Bella's womb it's like his world just changed.

He seems like a great father.
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
Lioness Rampant

Literary Crusader wrote: Why? Edward has such a superiority complex and is so masochistic and self-centered. I'm really glad my father is absolutely nothing like Edward.
I disagree. I do not think that he is self-centered. I believe that he is so devoted ot those he loves that its translates into an over-protective figure. that is perfect for Nessie, since she will need to be raised differently than most children.
Masochistic? than why is he generally so upset when he upsets Bella?
No, I think he is a great father, expecially since he has an ability that most fathers dont have.
ColormeBSG
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

Lioness Rampant wrote:
Literary Crusader wrote: Why? Edward has such a superiority complex and is so masochistic and self-centered. I'm really glad my father is absolutely nothing like Edward.
I disagree. I do not think that he is self-centered. I believe that he is so devoted ot those he loves that its translates into an over-protective figure. that is perfect for Nessie, since she will need to be raised differently than most children.
Masochistic? than why is he generally so upset when he upsets Bella?
No, I think he is a great father, expecially since he has an ability that most fathers dont have.
I don't think mind reading is an ability I want my father having....
:?

Laps of privacy much?
:lol:

And I think more then being protected she needs to learn to protect herself.
She won't want to be protected, she's to...independent in a way. She likes attention but not help.

So if she's going to insist on it I hope Edward teaches her, and Bella while he's at it.
Lioness Rampant

independent? what makes you say that?
YourFavoriteAries wrote: I don't think mind reading is an ability I want my father having....
:?
I meant her ability to tell people what she wants. oops, sorry!
hee he, I didn't even think about his mind-reading...
ColormeBSG
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Literary Crusader wrote:
Edward sees himself as the only deep and worthy being in the universe - very self-centered. See Midnight Sun, Ch. 1 (and other chapters, if your willing to search out the leaks I've heard about). At the same time, he thinks he's a monster and he purposely places himself in what he describes as a purgatory-like existance. Masochism right there. Over-protectiveness is by definition never a good thing; it implys that one has gone beyond the appropriate amount of protection and passed to controlling behavior, and it depends on the protectiveness circumstance demands. Edward has gone over the protection boundary many times before, which is not a good thing. His devotion, moreover, is extremely immature, focusing on superficialities and his superiority over all but a select few. What 'ability' does Edward have that you say makes him a great father? I'm sure it's not the liquid gold eyes or sculpted marble chest or glorious auburn hair, y'know.
Edward just isn’t that arrogant. He doesn’t see himself as the only person worthy in the universe. BEFORE Bella, all he ever wanted is either to die or become human once more. The only arrogance I’ve witnessed is that he sees himself more superior than humans and can you blame him? Him being a vampire and all. That’s what most vampires think anyways.
His over-protectiveness regards Bella and the fact that he fears for her. Sure, he crosses the line but I can forgive him for it even if I wasn’t the biased person I am, and it‘s just his instincts that fear for Bella that overpower his mind to rationally think. However, this story isn’t placed in a rational world, most of it is irrational…
And I would greatly love to understand how his love for Bella can be immature?
Edward has amazing qualities that subdue his negative ones (personally I adore his negative qualities <3). Regardless, his physical qualities aren’t abilities that makes him a great father or make anyone a great father to say the least. As stubborn as he might be, I know that he IS a great father and will be. There’s a change here, Reneseme isn’t Bella and Renesme isn’t as fragile has Bella had once been - of coarse the cullen’s are not sure about that. Edward will give Reneseme all the love she will ever need, he will protect and care and love her. There isn’t just ‘one’ quality that will make Edward a great father - Edward himself wholly will make a great father to Renesme. I was under the impression that Edward always wanted a possiblity of a child... I do however kind of feel for Renesme, her dad can hear her mind *giggle*