Renesmee

Character Discussion Forum

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Re: Renesmee

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Kachiti wrote:
Team Edward Girl wrote: (I bet she'll never know Renee [I though that was sorta ironic because part of her name comes from Renee.])
You know I was thinking about that. If anyone would be at ease with the whole vampire/werewolf thing, it would be Rene.
Yea it would. As long as they loved and cared about Bella she wouldn't care who it was. But yea Nessie probably won't get to know Renee sadly :cry: ...

mrs0cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by mrs0cullen »

i personally love renesmee. i think it's a great way to wrap up the series with some questions to ponder.

okay one question about the whole bella renesmee thing. here go's

okay so bella loved renesmee before she even came out, she wanted renesmee to be safe. and naheul (sorry if my spelling is incorrect) said his mother loved him alot too. is it like a hipnatizum (again spelling) or is it motherly instict? i don't know and hope SOMEONE will answer. thanks :D :D :D
TWILIGHT
giving hope to clumsy girls everywhere...including me

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

MOtherly instinct.

cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

i think it is just that the mother were irrevicably in love with there father.. thefore they love there children because they are part of there lover.. but what is not to like about nessie?? :P

LOVE CAM<3
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN

ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

I would think that it would be a little bit of both. Bella loved the idea that she was pregnant with Edwards child, but then also the whole motherly instinct thing. I think the moment she felt the baby moving she was instantly in love and driven to protect her baby, which brought her to the decision to turn to Rosalie for help.

anabonana15
Settled in Forks

Post by anabonana15 »

i abesolutely love renesmee! i did not expect her at all, i mean who wud have guessed! like Bella i really did not like the nickname they gave her. But i so loved the fact that jacob imprinted on her!i thought it was completely perfect and made so much sense. it really pulls it all together. Now bella cant say shes jealous about the imprinting or that renesmee isnt good enough, its her daughter! i loved the part when bella blew up when she found out that jacob had imprinted on her baby. priceless.

i just wish we got to see al little bit of father daughter time in the book :( because, even thought we all know that edward loves renesmee just as much as bella does, you didnt get to really understand and see what he thought about the whole pregnancy, omg im dad sorta thing. i wish we could get inside his head for that part of breaking dawn atleast. i think it would be pretty cool and totally worth reading.

i love renesmee and did feel a conection with her. shes stubborn like her mom, knows how to get what she wants(sorta like edward),has an awesoem talent, and is incredibly beautiful like both her parents.

DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

renesmee has the best power how she can show you what she wants OME i would use that alll the time i would never talk... ok im lying i love to talk i would use both!!
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake

TeamCullenRocks
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamCullenRocks »

Renesmee is obviously a very special person. I enjoy every minute that she's in the story. A great addition to the Cullen family, for sure.

If Stephenie writes again from Renesmee's perspective, I would be quite pleased.
"It makes me... anxious... to be away from you."
-Edward, Twilight, p. 188

Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

Haha,. I have so much to say. I posted a couple of times here, but I never talked about why I liked Nessie.

At first, I was a little disappointed with her. That seems to my thing with this series: first I hate it, then it grows on me. It was just weird that this little half-vampire, half-human baby was born. (I'm glad she was born when Bella was pregnant, by the way. If Bella had been a vampire and pregnant, she would never conceive. Can you imagine being pregnant FOREVER!?) Anyway, the whole thing just seemed fanfic-y and I didn't like Jacob imprinting on her. I was totally for him and Leah getting together without the aid of any imprint. But how she was portrayed... I re-read parts of it (like how, while still in the womb, she said she loved her mom and didn't want to hurt her), and I fell in love.

I can definitely see how a lot of people would view Renesmee as a Mary-Sue, but... I don't know. I mean, the girl is BOUND to have some faults -- At least, she'd BETTER! -- but even though she was very prevalent in the book after the birth, we didn't get the best look at her. We saw Renesmee through Bella and Jacob's eyes, and BOTH of them think she's absolutely perfect. I guess that's the one drawback of reading a book from a first-person point of view: the way characters are presented is biased.

I don't necessarily think it would be weird for her to go to school with her parents. I mean, it would be FOR ME, but she's growing up surrounded by all of this. It won't be strange that her parents go to school or that they stay the same age forever. It might be a little (or a lot) annoying for her that her parents are so overprotective of her (because we all know that they WILL be), but I think she'll be pretty used to the situation once she has to start going to school. (And I do think that she'll have lots of human friends. She seems like a social butterfly.)

As for her relationship with Jacob... Renesmee is a unique character. I think of her as this girl who will grow up knowing what she wants and having it. Not... I mean, that sounds snooty, but I don't mean in a bratty-teenager-I-get-whatever-I-want way. I'm not talking about My Super Sweet 16 crap. But... She seems very confident of herself from a very young age. She's very smart and decisive. When she looks at Jacob, it's described as not only being protective but possessive. Somebody mentioned that it might change because they've seen similar things (of children being possessive of family but then growing out of it), and maybe it will because anything is possible, but I fully expect Nessie to stay like that. (I also think she'll grow up knowing that Jacob imprinted on her. There will be NO secrets with that family. Maybe except about how he felt about Bella before Nessie came along.) So when she gets to that age of where she's dating... Well, when she's younger and at that age, I think she'll probably have interest (and maybe date) other people, but there will be a day when it just clicks with her... I would say that once the dating age starts, she'd automatically go for Jake, but if she starts showing interest at like...13... Well, a thirteen-year old dating a twenty-five-year old-looking guy (who is actually like...16) would look REALLY wrong. Lol. It would FEEL really wrong to me.

I dunno... How does everyone think Nessie will turn out?
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants

leahroselover
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by leahroselover »

Renesmee is tooooo tooooo tooooo perfect. That, to me, ruins her character from the get go. I mean she's half human and vampire and yet ages super fast, which isn't even logical. She should either age normally like a human or slower, not faster. Not to mention her existence nullifies all that Bella/Jacob had together. I know she was always planned but either way, she would have been a Mary-Sue
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic