Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
KaseyHeartEdward
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Renesmee

Post by KaseyHeartEdward »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:you know i think we all need to read the section directly leading up to jacob imprinting again.

many people will site that he feels a "pull" from downstairs. that's not entirely true in the context they are taking it. he feels a "pull to go and kill something downstairs".

people say that he felt nothing for bella anymore. again, not true, he just didn't want to stay and watch her die. he believed there was no hope, so he went to kill the thing that killed her.

as for when the tie to bella was cut, not only was it NOT cut, but that didn't occur until he saw nessie. for that moment, he forgot his love for bella, his hatred for vamps, and all that, because that's what happens at the moment of imprinting. you forget everything else, and your world turns upside down. but it doesn't stay that way.

I know i need to read Breaking Dawn again! lol

But i believe when i read the book this is how i saw it. So i agree with you holdingoutforjacob!

I really agree with the imprinting. But again i really need to read it over.soon.
Love Always ~KaseyHeartEdward

Original Twilighter
MrsFutureCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by MrsFutureCullen »

I have come to a conclusion that Renesme was the perfect solution to the books story line. I mean it gave Edward and Bella a family that they would have never had being vampires( and that takes away the fear of Edwards that Bella would never have human experiance!) It also makes the bond between Rosalie and Bella closer and it solves the big problem with Jacob. Her fear that she could never be around Jacob again but with Renesme he will never leave. :D
What if Im not a superhero....What if Im the bad guy?"
-Edward aka Future Boyfriend
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

I LOVE Renesmee. At first I found her name to be a little weird but now I love it too. I love the way SM was so sneaky about explaining how vampires "couldn't have babies". Never focusing on what would happen if a human were involved. I also agree that I don't think just any human could have a vampire's baby. It took all the love Bella had for Edward and Renesmee to make it. It was a perfect ending to the story. I think that had a lot to do with Bella's maturing. And Jake got his happily ever after though it did surprise me. I wasn't as freaked out about it as Bella and Edward but it was a little weird seeing how he had been in love with Bella and now he had imprinted on her daughter. But over all a GREAT way to end the book, with Renesmee.
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

I thought Renesmee was *too* perfect...
Like SMeyer put every ounce of character undevelopment into making a perfect creature.

I like characters with quirks. I like characters who shake up the plot (like Jacob, for example). I like real, believable characters with real, believable flaws and real, believable personalities.

I don't like the idea of a perfect little vampire who doesn't have to go through puberty, because she just skips right over it, who doesn't need to learn to potty train or bother her parents by crying in the middle of the night. This girl who's all flouncy-flouncy, learns to speak within days of her birth, and is more graceful than a professional ballerina.

It's way. Too. Perfect... methinks. :D
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by moon sidhe »

Interesting perspective. I think that for the sake of the plot she almost had to be. If she showed even an ounce of petulance, rebelliousness, immaturity etc. the Volturi would have taken her out.
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

^Not necessarily. That doesn't mean she had to be devoid of all personality. Perfection is not a character trait— it's a quick way to create a character without putting much work into it.

---On another note---
It must suck to be born without a single choice in the world.

She's being forced to live forever. She's being forced to stop growing at 18. She's being forced to fall in love with this guy she doesn't even know.

She doesn't have a chance to run off and have her own experiences. I think the best part of life is being a kid, right? She doesn't even get to be a kid.

She also doesn't get to go and find her one-true-love. He's already there. She's born with a "happily ever after", but I think the whole story is finding your own.
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Ahh but that may not be anything that troubles her in the future, her life. Perhaps why she matures at such a fast rate is to deal with what she has been given. Any child less than what Renesmee was may not have had it within them to be able to handle the stresses of living with Vampires, and Werewolves, or for that matter keeping a secret that was a law among her people.

Okay SM may have a blog on that part too on her reasons for having her so perfect but you can still speculate on the why of it all, and I kind of like her. I think someone already alluded the the fact that part of her being so mature was to keep the Volturi from coming after her, she had to have some amount if not every amount of self control and maturity even at a young age to deal with that life.
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

^I thought maybe it was just so that Bella and Edward and Renesmee and Jacob could all get their "Happy Endings" faster.
contrived
Obviously Jacob's not allowed to wait 18 years for his one-true-love, because that would be horrible, am I right?
:D
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

But then where would the fun be in that, if the didn't? :D
Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

Renesmee's pretty cute; i actually liked her, though she kind of threw off the whole series in a way....that's just my opinion, no offense to anyone who thinks differently....
i liked her, but i felt as if the last part of BD was all about her instead of Bella, the main character. but again, my opinion. please don't take offense. i did think she was a cool character, and funny in some ways too :)
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you