Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Renesmee

Post by Kachiti »

leahroselover wrote:Renesmee is tooooo tooooo tooooo perfect. That, to me, ruins her character from the get go. I mean she's half human and vampire and yet ages super fast, which isn't even logical. She should either age normally like a human or slower, not faster. Not to mention her existence nullifies all that Bella/Jacob had together. I know she was always planned but either way, she would have been a Mary-Sue
I never thought Nessie was too perfect, I just felt her timing was forced. I wish that Edward and Bella had more time to be a married couple without the kid. I also felt that the pregnancy was too fast and Nessie development too rushed. All in all she completes them but what will happen as she grows and mature well, only SM knows.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
leahroselover
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by leahroselover »

Kachiti wrote:
leahroselover wrote:Renesmee is tooooo tooooo tooooo perfect. That, to me, ruins her character from the get go. I mean she's half human and vampire and yet ages super fast, which isn't even logical. She should either age normally like a human or slower, not faster. Not to mention her existence nullifies all that Bella/Jacob had together. I know she was always planned but either way, she would have been a Mary-Sue
I never thought Nessie was too perfect, I just felt her timing was forced. I wish that Edward and Bella had more time to be a married couple without the kid. I also felt that the pregnancy was too fast and Nessie development too rushed. All in all she completes them but what will happen as she grows and mature well, only SM knows.
She's got an amazing power, she's "one of the most beautiful people in the world", Jacob is imprinted on her, her birth allows Bella to have family. She will not have a blood lust because she can eat human food as well as blood and due to her and Jake imprinting the weres and vamps will be at peace forever.

That's perfection to me
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Sig by Electrimafried @ASN
Why Edward Hates Blonde's Pg-13 : A Dark/Romance/Comedy Fic
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

leahroselover wrote:
She's got an amazing power, she's "one of the most beautiful people in the world", Jacob is imprinted on her, her birth allows Bella to have family. She will not have a blood lust because she can eat human food as well as blood and due to her and Jake imprinting the weres and vamps will be at peace forever.

That's perfection to me
Her power is not amazing. She can let others hear her thoughts, big deal. Jacob imprinting on her as a baby has never sat well with me but oh well. No where does it say that she does it say she doesn't experience blood lust. I'm to recall, Edward warning her about her Grandpa. I believe she does have it but not as intense as a full vampire. The part of her allowing Bella to have family and whole peace thing with the werewolves is great.
leahroselover

Post by leahroselover »

Kachiti wrote:
leahroselover wrote:

That's perfection to me
Her power is not amazing. She can let others hear her thoughts, big deal. Jacob imprinting on her as a baby has never sat well with me but oh well. No where does it say that she does it say she doesn't experience blood lust. I'm to recall, Edward warning her about her Grandpa. I believe she does have it but not as intense as a full vampire. The part of her allowing Bella to have family and whole peace thing with the werewolves is great.
I think for a half-vampire having a power is a big deal. A power that allows people to hear whatever she need. Which means no loud, obnoxious crying baby.

Her allowing Bella to have a family while being a vampire is one of the reasons why it reaks of bad fanficion. Where is the sacrifice if Bella can have everything she's ever wanted? People say that Charlie and her mother will die, but she was willing to live without them regardless when she was going to become a vampire.

The peace thing with the werewolves ruins the rivalry which was the only lasting conflict in the books.
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

renesmee IS a marysue. It's litterly printed in big, invisible letters across every page that her name is printed on.
-she is beautiful, even more beautiful than her father can ever be
-she can dance, read, and write. She's perfect
-her voice is pretty and sorpano and perfect
-her intelligence is that of an adult and even more smarter than said adult
-she has bloodlust but because she's so perfect, she knows killing humans is wrong but she'd prefer donated blood, that makes a perfect compromise for her
-she can win people from first sight. Everyone loves her

she's the queen of marysues and her mother follows next in the list. and i love renesmee. She's quite adorable, but she's so perfect it's like not even possible. Honestly. i think SM takes the word perfect a little too seriously and literally in her books.
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

^ ok malaz i agree and dissagree. i agree she is perfect... BUT she is 3 months old for cry out emmett! and phisicaly 2 or 3? she hast had time to show imperfection. and even if she did you are looking through bella eyes. dosent every mother love there child and think of them as perfect? maybee if we saw nessie from third person she would be different. personaly i would love to see her through her teenage years. with all those perverted guys that shuld be fun :roll:
just dont look at her through the cullens eyes.?
LOVE CAM :ugeek:
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

leahroselover wrote:
I think for a half-vampire having a power is a big deal. A power that allows people to hear whatever she need. Which means no loud, obnoxious crying baby.
There are plenty of full vampires with no powers, still not a big deal. She has to touch for them to hear her thoughts as an infant that comes in pretty handy but as she grows its going to become a pain.
leahroselover wrote:Her allowing Bella to have a family while being a vampire is one of the reasons why it reaks of bad fanficion. Where is the sacrifice if Bella can have everything she's ever wanted? People say that Charlie and her mother will die, but she was willing to live without them regardless when she was going to become a vampire.

I disagree, she had to carry the little monster and almost lost her life in the process. How would you like a hammer hitting you repeatedly on the inside?
leahroselover wrote:The peace thing with the werewolves ruins the rivalry which was the only lasting conflict in the books.
There was already a temporary peace since Jacob defected but his imprinting made it kind of permanent. Though I wonder, should Nessie not choose Jacob as her mate, how that would affect that peace.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

cullensallovamybinda - I don't think the term "marysue" solely implies perfection. Like Bella, i'd assume Renesmee will have her share of mistakes, and also like Bella, the way she's presented and written leads me to think that she is a marysue, a baby marysue, she had broken the record of youngest marysues ever written. The term marysue regards many things that Renesmee has exhibited, that i noticed anyways ^___~

I think while in breaking dawn we saw her through her mother's eyes, it doesn't make much of a difference really. I am sure any mother sees fault and flaws in their children even if they might think they are perfect "ugh, they cry too much" "they never sleep" these are normal things but if a mother truly thinks their child is some perfect little creature then no mother would whine about these things. And what person on earth doesn't see flaws in another person, even if they love them? It really mystifies me too with Bella and Edward's relationship. yeah yeah, they are in love, big deal, i've heard ton complaints and whines about people's significant others... too amusing :lol: :D

Well, anyone that we would see her through will be inlove with her, you know what bella said "and she won charlie right away, like she did other people" and lets not forget all the other vampires at the end of breaking dawn.
leahroselover

Post by leahroselover »

I disagree, she had to carry the little monster and almost lost her life in the process. How would you like a hammer hitting you repeatedly on the inside?
Yeah then she became a vampire which is what she always wanted.
Avi By Kaitlin @B&E.com
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

leahroselover wrote:
Yeah then she became a vampire which is what she always wanted.
Hmm, because Plan B was dying, like Nahuel's mother. :?