Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Edward and Bella 2

Post by Angelvamp »

Very astute observation, holdingoutforjacob, you worded it perfectly. In her mind though, I don't think she came to that conclusion until after the fact. That seems to be the norm with Bella, protesting and fighting that which she discovers she really wants in the first place.

And I agree with you as well, Dark Knight. ;)
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dxplora07 »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:I think the emotional and psychological dangers of changing Bella too soon very much outweigh the risks of keeping her mortal until everything was sorted out - including her degree of committment - not to Edward but to immortality itself.

It actually greatly disturbs me that she's willing to stay human another year just so she can continue to have sex with Edward.
I think that it wasn't so much the fact of just having sex, I think it was more about the fear that she was going to loose the human side of her emotions. She finally experienced the deepest connection of love there is to experience, and she was afraid that after she was turned, she would never experience that the same way again. I don't think it was just the hormones talking, I think on some level she was afraid that once she turned, she would not be as passionate about Edward as she is now, that the longing for blood would take his place.

Or maybe he's just that good.... :lol:
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dxplora07 »

The Dark Knight wrote:Tossign out another thought...

After Bella's change, She gained a lot of things but part of her came through too...Her clumsy hair brain thinking came through. How much trouble do you think she will get into and how will edward deal with it?
I am curious, what do you mean her clumsy hair brain thinking? it's been a while since I've read breaking dawn. I like how you have a different way of viewing Twilight, it really makes me think, and wakes my brain up! :)
Angelvamp

Post by Angelvamp »

Dxplora07 wrote:I think that it wasn't so much the fact of just having sex, I think it was more about the fear that she was going to loose the human side of her emotions. She finally experienced the deepest connection of love there is to experience, and she was afraid that after she was turned, she would never experience that the same way again. I don't think it was just the hormones talking, I think on some level she was afraid that once she turned, she would not be as passionate about Edward as she is now, that the longing for blood would take his place.

Or maybe he's just that good.... :lol:
Although I wholeheartedly agree with your assesment of Bella and her desire to retain her human emotions, I have to respectfully disagree with your assesment of "deepest connection of love". IMO, that would be with a mother and her child, which Bella gets to experience later on in the saga.

But, from what I have read, Edward is pretty f-n good. Tryin' to get the hubby to read the books for inspiration. Gotta keep things fresh. ;)
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dxplora07 »

good point Angelvamp, I guess I should modify my statement to reflect "deepest connection of love there is to experience between man and wife

good luck w/ your husband reading it, I've been trying to get mine to read it ever since I finished it the first time. I've gotten him to read about 6 chapters of the first book, lol!
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Angelvamp wrote:But, from what I have read, Edward is pretty f-n good. Tryin' to get the hubby to read the books for inspiration. Gotta keep things fresh. ;)
If I may make a suggesyion to you about the twilight books & your SO, have him lay his head in your lap and read it to him...Really pretty great to have your SO read to you...intament time spent with just you two...who knows, it might be something that will bring you two to another level in your relationship...

darn it, I might ruin my rep if I keep giving these suggestions away...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Dxplora07 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Tossign out another thought...

After Bella's change, She gained a lot of things but part of her came through too...Her clumsy hair brain thinking came through. How much trouble do you think she will get into and how will edward deal with it?
I am curious, what do you mean her clumsy hair brain thinking? it's been a while since I've read breaking dawn. I like how you have a different way of viewing Twilight, it really makes me think, and wakes my brain up! :)
Well Bella like to do things that put her in trouble because she doesn't think...the 2nd trip to Port Angels in NM, the J Jenks stuff...yah she got throw them but it's a matter of time before she rolls snake eyes...She might even blow the whole Vampire masquerade...I would say would you jump off a cliff if your freinds did but we already know her answer to that...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

In Bella's defense, the J. Jenks thing was absolutely necessary.

But you're right in that Bella doesn't think. These are prime examples of why I consider Bella to be rather self-centered. She doesn't think about anything besides what an experience will mean to her, not how it will affect others. She rarely if ever takes the time to weigh the effect of her actions on others against the necessity of it.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Asheleyo

Post by Asheleyo »

I think she weighed the options before she decided to go see Jacob. She knew that Edward would worry and be upset with her, but she had also been told by Charlie that Jacob was depressed. She internally debated over it and decided that, based on her experience with safely being around the wolves, that Jacob's need for his friend outweighed Edward's worry. So, at least there's one time when she wasn't being entirely self-centered. Not that I actually think she is mostly self-centered (well, any more than the average person is).
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dxplora07 »

Well Bella like to do things that put her in trouble because she doesn't think...the 2nd trip to Port Angels in NM, the J Jenks stuff...yah she got throw them but it's a matter of time before she rolls snake eyes...She might even blow the whole Vampire masquerade...I would say would you jump off a cliff if your freinds did but we already know her answer to that...
rofl, I love that last part about the cliff....it's an interesting POV...I have to disagree, though....She does think about her actions, but with everything else about her mind and thoughts, it's on a different plane than everyone else's. for example: the battle with the newborn, she didn't think for her own saftey, or how her getting hurt would effect the cullens...but she thought that they would need help and was willing to sacrafice her own saftey, and possibly life, to help them.

Anything she did in NM I don't really feel should count, because she was in such a stupor she wasn't thinking clearly about anything...but I do love that qwip about her jumping off a cliff!! lol, awesome-ness! :)