Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
moon sidhe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Edward and Bella 2

Post by moon sidhe »

The Dark Knight wrote:
Wife, three Daughters and a host of lady freinds of the family...not like that would stop me in anyway...They are much more likely to join in on my side to have some fun with it or oppose just to keep it interesting... What ever their whim would be...
Well, sounds like you have it pretty good then! And like you have nothing to complain about. ;)
The Dark Knight wrote:I fear no Edward lovers...nor blue ink for the truth is my shield and comedy is my sword... :lol:

:lol: That's an excellent quote. Does it come from somewhere in particular?
You are in my blood like holy wine
and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

moon sidhe wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Wife, three Daughters and a host of lady freinds of the family...not like that would stop me in anyway...They are much more likely to join in on my side to have some fun with it or oppose just to keep it interesting... What ever their whim would be...
Well, sounds like you have it pretty good then! And like you have nothing to complain about. ;)
The Dark Knight wrote:I fear no Edward lovers...nor blue ink for the truth is my shield and comedy is my sword... :lol:

:lol: That's an excellent quote. Does it come from somewhere in particular?

When surrounded with such beauty that all men wish they could be near, what would one complain about? ;)

yep, best quote on the lex...

What shall we discuss on E&B relationship tonight?

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
moon sidhe

Post by moon sidhe »

The Dark Knight wrote: What shall we discuss on E&B relationship tonight?
Hmmm... E&B. Let's see. Well, how about this one. Why do you think Bella was never scared of Edward? I mean, she never seems super phased to find out that vampires exist to begin with. And then she's never really scared of him. Yes, he saved her life, but he also tells her that he really really really really wants to suck her blood. What gives?
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

moon sidhe wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote: What shall we discuss on E&B relationship tonight?
Hmmm... E&B. Let's see. Well, how about this one. Why do you think Bella was never scared of Edward? I mean, she never seems super phased to find out that vampires exist to begin with. And then she's never really scared of him. Yes, he saved her life, but he also tells her that he really really really really wants to suck her blood. What gives?

OK, the obvious is she's bat crazy...she wired wrong and she has no self worth... But if we look at it from other angles, let through another curve ball, say metaphysical, She might have been meant for Edward when he live in Chicago but the evil doer Carlisle stood that future by changing him and it take this long for their souls to hook up again. She may be feeling that overwhelming need to finish what they could have had?

How about that spin doctor move...sometimes I amaze myself...

holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

That did not make any sense to me. Do you think you could possibly edit to clarify?

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

holdingoutforjacob wrote:That did not make any sense to me. Do you think you could possibly edit to clarify?
OK sum up; Bella lived and was originally meant to be with Edward in the 1900's but was robbed of it...So in the fullness of time she came back now to be with him. Thus she feels the over whelming calling to be with him which blinds her to his dangerous ways...

Better?

moon sidhe

Post by moon sidhe »

The Dark Knight wrote:
holdingoutforjacob wrote:That did not make any sense to me. Do you think you could possibly edit to clarify?
OK sum up; Bella lived and was originally meant to be with Edward in the 1900's but was robbed of it...So in the fullness of time she came back now to be with him. Thus she feels the over whelming calling to be with him which blinds her to his dangerous ways...

Better?

Ok, so you're saying Bella is Edward's "other half" and was reincarnated to be with him in this life. Basically you're saying they are soul mates, meant to be, total fairy tale etc. and that's why she was never scared of him. Well, it certainly fits with the general tone of the book. Don't know about the reincarnated business, but soul mates I'd buy. But the total lack of self-worth or any self-preservation instincts also fits pretty well. Still though, fear for her life aside, it just seems like a pretty huge realization to find out that these mythical creatures actually exist. And she just seems to have no problem accepting it. I always found that a bit odd.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

The Dark Knight wrote:

Better?
OH so like a reincarnation thing??

I don't know... could be.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

moon sidhe wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Better?

Ok, so you're saying Bella is Edward's "other half" and was reincarnated to be with him in this life. Basically you're saying they are soul mates, meant to be, total fairy tale etc. and that's why she was never scared of him. Well, it certainly fits with the general tone of the book. Don't know about the reincarnated business, but soul mates I'd buy. But the total lack of self-worth or any self-preservation instincts also fits pretty well. Still though, fear for her life aside, it just seems like a pretty huge realization to find out that these mythical creatures actually exist. And she just seems to have no problem accepting it. I always found that a bit odd.

Like you don't know that Bella's middle name is Odd...really? Vampires are in our lore and communal sub-conscious so it not as hard to believe it as you might think...look at it this way, someone from the mountains hears for this huge fish that can bite a man in half takes a trip to the sea and see's a shark for the first time. Does this change his paradigm, you bet you, is it easy to accept, you bet you. Not a big leap of faith to accept what is presented to you in a matter of fact way...

moon sidhe

Post by moon sidhe »

The Dark Knight wrote:Not a big leap of faith to accept what is presented to you in a matter of fact way...
Hmm. I don't know, most people have a huge issue in accepting paradigm shifts no matter how matter-of-factly they're presented. Take it from someone who sees it in the science world all the time. Scientists have certain beliefs about the way things work. They've seen some evidence of it. Someone comes along and proves all that evidence to be total BS. Nothing is what they thought it was. Even though the evidence of the paradigm shift is sitting there staring them in the face, in print, in black and white, you'd be amazed at how many of them will fight believing it tooth and nail. So yes, I still say it is completely odd to be able to accept the existence of mythical creatures without batting an eye.