Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Re: Jacob Black #2

Post by bac »

Hey, what would happen if our beloved Twilight characters went to Hogwarts?! Check out our new thread and a Sorting Hat Poll HERE.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Jacob Black #2

Post by Jacobs-girl »

This thread hasn't been active for a while; hope you don't mind me jumping in and starting it up again.

I just had this thought about Jacob's character the other night which I really want to share with you. It's probably been discussed before but I don't have the time to trawl through the thousands of discussions here to see if it has. :D

Anyway, I'll get to the point. I have never given much thought to Jacob's mother before. She is conspicuously absent in the books but I guess I just never thought about it. But I was recently re-reading a chapter in Breaking Dawn when Jacob is speculating on how the Cullens might cover up Bella's disappearance from the regular world when she becomes a vampire and there is this sentence where he speculates that they might fake her death in "A car accident, like my mom. So common." (page 149, Breaking Dawn). So this is when the cogs in my brain started turning and I've been thinking about Jacob's loss of his mom as a possible influence on the way in which he behaves. I don't know what age he was when she died (probably quite young) but I think that this could have had a defining influence on him. The loss of a parent at any age is traumatic but it can leave psychological scars if a parent dies when a child is young.

What do you think about this?
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)