Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Jacob Black #2

Post by Angelvamp »

una wrote:I think Jacob's view of vampires and such has changed through his interactions with the Cullen in Breaking Dawn and most strongly with his imprinting on Renesmee. It would be interesting to see how his views have changed since Renesemee does need blood to survive.
Oh, how I wish we could! The Jacob chapter in Breaking Dawn ended right when it would have been fascinating to be in his head. It would have explained a lot more about imprinting. Or maybe the reason it ended there was that Jacob no longer has many complex motivations - just one. Hmm, that's kind of depressing. :( Still, it would be nice to hear the changes in his views happening in his own words.
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Well Jacob did hunt with Nessie in BD while in wolf form so there isn't much difference between him eating the animal and them just drinking the blood of it.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Amanda Beth wrote:Well Jacob did hunt with Nessie in BD while in wolf form so there isn't much difference between him eating the animal and them just drinking the blood of it.
True, however, that is not an accurate reflection of Jacob in the prior books. He would refer to Edward and the Cullens (much to Bella's chagrin) as bloodsuckers. This is not a term of endearment but a derogatory reference. So I would disagree and say that the pack overall DOES see a difference between them hunting animals for the blood only and the wolves that will eat the entire animal. Granted, the pack didn't believe that the Cullens truly refrained from harming humans, that they could "slip up" at any time, but that doesn't mean that they accepted their way of life nor what they are. Renesemee is a half breed...she is part vampire and needs blood to survive. I will say that Jacob as a wolf can finish off whatever Renesmee "hunts" (reminds me of the nursery rhyme, Jack Sprat) but she is his imprintee, of course his views have changed at least in regards to her. In Eclipse, Jacob still viewed them as monsters and was completely against Bella's transition, his belief carried over into the beginning of Breaking Dawn. Which is why I think he spending time with the Cullens eased him into seeing them and their type of vampires as different. His imprinting with Renesmee is a huge factor, but his time with the Cullens also helped to ease him into a more open mind frame for when Renesmee shows up.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Una, I see your point but I have to disagree a little bit.

Bloodsucker, I think, was more a reference to their nature as opposed to their lifestyle. That's what made it an insult, it was something about them that they didn't like. I don't think they have a problem with the Cullens hunting animals. I think they had a problem with the simple fact that they're vampires.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

The movie solidified for me how badly I wish Bella had chosen Jacob. He was the RIGHT CHOICE. I know the heart doesn't make sense but omg... SEEING their relationship... SEEING the facial expressions... she should have chosen him.

She said it herself. Being with him is "as easy as breathing"...
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Maybe if you really loved someone like Bella and Edward, you would see its impossible for Jacob to ever even be that close in Bella's heart. The movie did show also when Jacob pushed Bella away , but that doesn't count does it? i guess write your own story and you can have it just the way you want it. But its like Romeo and Juliet you just can't change it in place of your favorite charactor. Then it would be a totally different book, its sad to want to make the book and Edwards and Bella's love into something that wasn't meant to be and Stephenie dreamt of a vampire and human girl.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Obviously the entire point of the saga is the Bella/Edward story and that love doesn't always make sense and the heart wants what it wants. I don't need to change what I feel because of it.

And please don't ever say to someone "maybe if you really loved someone like Bella and Edward" because you know zero about the people on this board. And for the record, some people do fall in love with their Jacob.
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

kiss
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

Amanda Beth i know what you mean about the movie but in the book it was always edward.. but i'm glad about that.. I'll fight you for jacob 8-) and btw dont waste your time arguing with her.. it gets no where
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

To say that Jacob would be better for Bella is not to say that she loved Jacob more. It's not the same thing at all. The whole point of the story is that Jacob IS better for Bella, as a human, and that they are in love, but Edward is something more, that theirs is the ultimate love because it trumps even true human love.

Watching the movie really made me realize something. Bella and Jacob are truly a perfect example of the perfect human love. She comes alive with him. He makes her feel good about herself. He makes her feel happy and sunshiney and warm. Their relationship is all the things that, to us, indicate true love. "Jacob's Bella" is truly marvelous.

Whereas, Bella and Edward are really and truly the opposite of what we look for in a lot of ways, aren't they? I mean, they're both good people, but that relationship makes her incredibly insecure, she is certainly not her best, most confident, most fun self with him. I would hardly say he brings out the best in her, while she's human. All that changes as soon as she becomes a vampire. And I think that's the point of the whole story. That their love is something superhuman.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...