Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Jacob Black #2

Post by Jazz Girl »

I'm sorry you did not get into your program. I completely get how RL can translate into your posts. But, please remember, we're talking about Jacob, not you. When negative things are said about his behavior or what have you, it is not an attack, but a discussion and it is certainly not directed at you or a slight on you for supporting him. We all defend the integrity and reputation of the characters we love.

As for Jacob, yes, a person's behavior is a part of who they are, but not all of that person. If a person was completely defined by their behaviors, then the question of redemption would be pointless because what we all did as clueless self-involved 16-year-olds would always be what defined us. We have to look at attitudes, feelings, intentions, thoughts... the whole person, rather than just part. As I said, on the whole, I find Jacob to be a decent guy and a decent friend. But, when he crosses the line, he does it with his whole self and very intentionally. So, in my mind, it is a worse violation than anything anyone else did.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

I agree with Jazz...I wasn't trying to attack you or discredit how you feel about the character. I also don't hate Jacob, i just have issues with some of his behavior. I love Jacob as a character, I just feel the need to slap some sense into him sometimes lol. I've been in your place a few times, it seems like everyone else has a different opinon and you are the only one that feels the way you do. You would be surprised to know you aren't, just not everyone likes to jump in when only one other person feels a certain way. I will agree with you that all the characters have some behaviors that aren't perfect, and I have felt the need to smack all the characters upside the head at least once lol.

Don't feel bad because no one else sees things the same way you do. There have been a few times I was in your shoes and someone managed to point out something that made me see the topic there way. Other times we've just had to agree to disagree and I think that's what we should just do here. That's one of the good things about this forum and these books though, they're open to interpretation and quite a few topics allow you to form your own opinons.

Sorry, if you felt that we were attacking you, I know that wasn't my intentions.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Hate Jacob? I certainly do not hate Jacob. I love Jacob. I married a Jacob. At first I thought he was a mix between Edward and Jacob and the more I've been involved with these threads, I realize, he's Jacob. Which explains why I may not have approved of all of Jake's actions, I still LOVED him. I still believe firmly that Bella belongs with Edward, but I do believe that Bella and Jacob were in love (he more than her, sadly). However, I feel Jacob is a worthy character with a good heart and loyal nature.

I think it has been made very clearly, this thread, and Sparkling forum actually, are for serious character discussion. It is not a debate...we are here to discuss issues about the various characters. We are bound, as people are, to be sometimes passionate in our discussions, but the rule is clear; we are to be respectful of one another, even if we must agree to disagree. That is what is so wonderful about the Lex, being able to be here and voice our opinions and discuss all while being respected and respectful. I am sorry you didn't get into the program you wished, but hopefully you will. That being said, it is important to remind ourselves that posting lacks the vocal and physical cues you receive when actually talking with someone. Be mindful when you post as the written word can be interpreted and be careful not to place a particular tone. Give each other the benefit of the doubt, it's okay to agree to disagree, and let's enjoy the art of discussion. Sometimes we all have bad days and it unfortunately bleeds into our posting...

*takes out yard stick* Plus, I do follow this forum, it is my baby, I expect people to follow the rules or I have to be all great and big moderator and smack you and I just don't enjoy it...much. :twisted: (Please note the humor at the end). All silliness aside, let's be mindful of the posting rules for this forum and enjoy our discussions for what they are, an airing of opinions, thoughts, ideas, feelings in a respectful environment. Remember, sometimes there are no right answers, just different perspectives of the same whole. Thank You!

Now back to our fabulous character, Jacob. I think we need a change of topic. How do you think Jacob views, now that he is imprinted to Renesmee, Bella and Edward. Do you feel his imprinting will change his relationship with them? Do you feel he may see and treat them differently?

Also note, unless you all get out of hand forcing me to post in the open here, if there is a problem...I like to handle the issue through PM's. But let's not let it get to that.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

I'm really sorry about the other reaction... I don't really feel that way and I had such a bad day so I did a lot of stupid things... don't notice and please get that I'm crushed into pieces the last few days.. I know that none of you hate Jacob just don't really like him :lol: And I know we're having a discussion and not a debate... please forgive me about the other reactions...
And Jazz girl, The Jacob lovers are such a minority... Most of the Twilight fans love Edward... :P
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Una~ Hmmmmm, An interesting question. There's a few different schools of thought I think you could go with here. But, I prefer a combination. We know that, no matter what, Jacob will do absolutely anything to make Ness happy. I think a close relationship with her parents as well as extended family falls well within that category. We also know that Edward, probably better than anyone save another wolf, understands the imprinting relationship. This will help ease things for Jacob a lot in my opinion, given that he won't have to hide anything or even pretend not to be as attached to Ness as he is in order not to creep out her parents. But, we also know that, no matter the situation, Jacob loved Bella, disagreed violently with her choice and hated Edward with a fiery passion. That's a lot to get over. There is also the remnants of Jacob and Bella's human relationship, ie their brother/sister relationship, to deal with as well. Finally, I think, now being bound by his imprint and in at least a similar boat that Edward could be said to have been in, he will understand just a little more Edward's thoughts and actions.

So, what does it all mean when you throw it into a great big pot and mix it up. Jacob is always and forever going to put Ness' feelings and needs above anyone elses, as he should. So, he will have a close relationship with both Edward and Bella. I think the snarkiness and joking that characterized his and Bella's relationship will continue. The change will come from Bella's end. Without the attachment and need for Jacob to be happy, she'll be more than willing to call him out and put him in his place when he needs it. Edward's and Jacob's relationship will always be a little contentious. There's just no getting around it, in my opinion. But, it will take a different tone. I think Jacob will not be as openly beligerent with Edward, but Edward will feel more free to call Jake out, not risking Bella's unhappiness to do it any more. He will always respect Jacob for what he did time and again for his family, and for his link to Ness. For Jacob's part, we've pretty much seen what imprinting does. It really calms the person, gives them a serenity (so long as the object of the imprint is happy and safe). His focus will always be on Ness. Edward & Bella will be peripheral individuals to him, deserving of his respect and affection if for no other reason then they created the person who is his world.

“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Wow, this is a deep question lol. I agree with Jazz first and foremost that Jacob will do whatever it takes to make Nessie happy. If that means getting along with her entire family then he'll definitely do it. At the same time that doesn't mean he's going to become best buds with them all. There will still always be the vamp/wolf thing between them but I think most of the animosity will be gone. He's still going to annoy Rose with blonde jokes but they'll be more in fun now than before. I think he'll be like most guys who marry into a family, he'll learn to get along with them all.

As far as his relationship with Edward, well that should be interesting. The one guy that Edward had to worry about with Bella is now his son-in-law...how awkward is that? I think that they'll be able to adjust though. All of them are first and foremost worried about making Nessie happy. I do think Edward and Jacob's relationship will be a lot more open now though. Neither one of them really have to worry about hurting Bella by not always getting along. I think it will be interesting to see Edward as a protective father though.

Bella and Jacob's brother/sister, best friend relationship from before will actually come in handy now, imo. They can be close, and have each other in their lives without hurting anyone else. They were always great as friends, and now that Jacob has imprinted on Nessie they'll be able to do that. They can be there for each other and still have the loves of their lives.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

We know already how Jacob reats edward and Bella adter the imprinting.
Jacob returns to be Bella's best friend.....
And I think that it dowsn't mind what he thinks about Edward, Bella or even Rosalie right now... He'll do whatever makes Nessie happy and it includes things such as endure the fact that her family is suppossed to be his enemy :lol:
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

Does anyone think him and the Wolf-pack are similar lycanthrops like the were-panthers in 1982's "Cat People"? i mean they both do transform when sexually active or after that or even when they get upset.
The Real Jacob Black
I hate bloodsuckers ***Just Kidding

Post by The Real Jacob Black »

I got a second thread and it's up to page 85, niiiice!

*Puts down large gift and stretches out arms* You know, I'm suppose to be at this party for this gal named *pulls out a birthday card from the back pocket of his cut off shorts* Alphie? Does that name mean something to you? Bella and her short, weird, psychic bloodsucker, I mean vamp, sister-in-law shoved this card on me, but I'm not sure where to go. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Does my being half naked bother you?
The Real Alice Cullen
I've got my eye on you

Post by The Real Alice Cullen »

Here, boy. Com'on boy! That's a good boy!
We're all at Alphies thread. You're late!
Amazing how someone so tiny can be so irritating....