Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Bella Swan Cullen #3

Post by ringswraith »

iloveshineeKEY wrote:Yeah, Eleazar, Carmen, Tanya, and Kate were the only other veggie vamps.
What really annoyed me about that bit was, if the Cullens love human life so much, why were they lending out cars so the others could go and eat more people?? Couldn't they have asked them to try and go vegetarian, at least for the short time they were there?
If Jasper still has trouble sticking to their diet, imagine trying to tell a bunch of vamps (who have eaten nothing but humans since their changes) "Hey! Eat deer!" See what kind of reaction you'd get. :)
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

REMINDER this thread is for the discussion of Bella. Please let us get back on subject.

We know that Bella rationalized the fact that the witnesses would have been hunting somewhere else and I feel she resigned herself in the comfort that those that she knew around her were off limits.

ETA: However, I find this discussion regarding the Cullens tolerance for witnesses' dietary habits interesting. I have asked the question over on the Quench Forum in the Struggles and Conflicts in Breaking Dawn thread.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Seeker-Mar
Wandering Through Town

Post by Seeker-Mar »

Esme echo wrote:You're mistaken, diane771. None of the allies were "vegetarian" vampires except Tanya's coven. That's why Edward lent them his cars, so they could hunt far away from Forks. Here's the reference:
Breaking Dawn, p. 567 wrote:"The vampires who are coming to help us are not the same as we are," Edward said. "Tanya's family is the only one besides ours with a reverence for human life, and even they don't think much of werewolves."
Breaking Dawn, p. 607 wrote:Mealtimes were dicey, though. Our company cooperated as best they could. They gave Forks and La Push a wide berth, only hunting out of state; Edward was a gracious host, lending out his cars as needed without so much as a wince. The compromise made me very uncomfortable, though I tried to tell myself that they'd all be hunting somewhere in the world, regardless.

Jacob was even more upset. The werewolves existed to prevent the loss of human life, and here was rampant murder being condoned barely outside the packs' borders.
Thank you for finding that quote. I didn't remember Bella saying that and it makes me feel better about it.

I still find it odd when she is flippant about Renee, though. Her willingness to hide Renee's granddaughter from her is sad to me and cold. I know she's doing it to protect her but I would have liked to see Bella exhibit more anguish over the fact that Renesmee won't have a relationship with Renee. Also is Charlie participating in hiding Renesmee from Renee too? I'm sure they talk sometimes. If Renee was told that Bella had adopted a daughter she would want to meet her. I just wish Steph would have addressed this more. A little sadness would have been okay in BD if it helped the story. Just my opinion, of course.
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure and full of quiet gentleness. Then it is peace-loving and courteous. It allows discussion and is willing to yield to others; it is full of mercy and good deeds. James 3:17
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Seeker-Mar wrote:I still find it odd when she is flippant about Renee, though. Her willingness to hide Renee's granddaughter from her is sad to me and cold. I know she's doing it to protect her but I would have liked to see Bella exhibit more anguish over the fact that Renesmee won't have a relationship with Renee. Also is Charlie participating in hiding Renesmee from Renee too? I'm sure they talk sometimes. If Renee was told that Bella had adopted a daughter she would want to meet her. I just wish Steph would have addressed this more. A little sadness would have been okay in BD if it helped the story. Just my opinion, of course.
Seeker_Mar~ As odd as it might sound, I can completely understand Bella's ... coldness... for lack of a better term, towards Renee. To be quite blunt, Renee wasn't much of a mother. Bella spent her life, from her earliest memories really, taking care of Renee as if she were the mother and Renee was the child. Just as every parent eventually "let's go" of their child as the grow into adulthood, Bella knew tha she had to let Renee go, for her own sake, as well as that of her own family. Charlie was very different. Charlie was more of an ignorance-is-bliss situation. He knew there was something going on but was content to accept that, as long as Bella was happy, he really didn't want to or need to know any more. Granted, I always found that to be an odd attitude for a police officer to have. But I digress. Renee, in my opinion, wasn't going to be so easily mollified until she knew the whole truth. And, once she knew it, could she be trusted to keep it quiet? As flighty as she is, I highly doubt it. I think Bella was well aware of all of the risks and issues surrounding any attempt at a relationship with Renee and she was well and truly okay with just keeping an eye on her from afar. She loves her mother, but she has to let her grow up.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

Is it odd that I really have a problem with Bella?
I know I am supposed to relate to her, but I really can't stand some of the things she does... I think the biggest, if only flaw of the books is they are mainly through Bella's eyes... She is kind of like my TOTAL opposite, and I find her rather pathetic, even repugnant at times and hardly what I would call likable... I love the story and some of the characters intrigue me, but Bella is my least favorite, of them all... (Which says a lot, because I really dislike Rosalie...)
I don't understand Bella's choices and I really don't desire the relationships she has... I guess I am unusual because I do not relate to or even want to understand the inner workings of Bella's mind...
ColormeBSG
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

*raises a glass* *clears throat*

To Bella & Edward on their anniversary. May their eternity together be filled with love and blessings.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Seeker-Mar wrote:I still find it odd when she is flippant about Renee, though. Her willingness to hide Renee's granddaughter from her is sad to me and cold. I know she's doing it to protect her but I would have liked to see Bella exhibit more anguish over the fact that Renesmee won't have a relationship with Renee. Also is Charlie participating in hiding Renesmee from Renee too? I'm sure they talk sometimes. If Renee was told that Bella had adopted a daughter she would want to meet her. I just wish Steph would have addressed this more. A little sadness would have been okay in BD if it helped the story. Just my opinion, of course.
Renee appears to be the biggest unresolved issue by the end of Breaking Dawn. I am sure if SM writes any more stories in the Twilight universe, this will have to be addressed. And yes, Charlie would have to participate in the cover-up, and he would also have to be out front whenever it is time to arrange a story for Bella’s disappearance or demise. That would be very hard on Charlie, and I have a suspicion he might balk at doing that, but we may never find out how that would go down.

Bella is good with weird; Charlie is good with weird; Renee – not so much.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
-Ella-
Settled in Forks

Post by -Ella- »

iloveshineeKEY wrote:Yeah, Eleazar, Carmen, Tanya, and Kate were the only other veggie vamps.
What really annoyed me about that bit was, if the Cullens love human life so much, why were they lending out cars so the others could go and eat more people?? Couldn't they have asked them to try and go vegetarian, at least for the short time they were there?
well first off you must understand that not drinking human blood is so very unheard of in the vamp world. It's comparible to a human only eating lettice. You don't come across many people like that huh? Our blood is what vampires are suppose to drink. To do otherwise goes completely against the grain. With that being said the Cullens are a rare exception, besides tanya and that bunch, they are the only vampires in exsistance not following that norm.
Even under the best circumstance the Cullens wouldn't ask their friends to become vegs for them, as much as they may not like it, they accept their friends the way they are. I mean, if i asked you to only eat lettice for the rest of eternity would you? most likely not.
The cullens were in a very tough spot. They needed all those vampires there if they wanted to even hope to survive the upcoming ordeal. Asking them that favor after they were already asking so much would have been.... well just plain silly :) Make sense now?
I like the dark, without it, you'd never see the stars
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Sorry for the interruption, but we have a new thread about what would happen if our beloved Twilight characters went to Hogwarts. What House would Bella been in? Check it out HERE.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Leah Forever
Settled in Forks

Post by Leah Forever »

I have a question or two about Bella.

1. How is going into a catatonic state for a week and being a zombie for three months and three weeks an appropriate reaction to losing your high school boyfriend?

2. How could Bella possibly forget what Edward did to her, and as such why would she want to save him?

3. Why is it that Bella needs a MALE to get her out of the zombie state? Can't she get a counsellor? I mean, she could just say that's she having a lot of trouble getting over a break-up. She could say there was an argument. A counsellor will not ask what the boyfriend's species was, for goodness sake!

4. Come to think of it, why does Bella agree when referred to as the (male) Vampire Girl, and why does she call Emily the (male) Wolf Girl?