Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Lauren Mallory

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

It was brought to my attention that we didn't have a thread for Lauren, our (least) favorite Bella hater.

This is the place to discuss Lauren.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
myheartiswithyou
Settled in Forks

Re: Lauren Mallory

Post by myheartiswithyou »

All I really have to say about Lauren is that I am glad that in the movies, they combined her character with Jessica's! Ugh, I can't stand Lauren in the books, and I can't imagine having her in the movies too :shock:

Granted, this is just my personal opinion on Lauren...is there anyone who likes her, or sees some redeeming quality in her?
kayAlicekay
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kayAlicekay »

Oh no, I never liked Lauren. She seemed like a snob to me, not the kind of girl who you would want to befriend. Or, at least the kind of girl I wouldn't want to befriend. What's your opinion on Lauren?
KayKay Peace Live Laugh Love TWILIGHT!
Team Alice - Seeing the future since 1901 - Shopper Team Rosalie - Every Rose has its thorns
Team Renesmee - Not the Loch Ness
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

Lauren Mallory reminds me of Pansy Parkinson, Draco's little minion, from Harry Potter: minor character and relentlessly evil student who isn't that significant in the movie adaptations, and for good reason.
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

myheartiswithyou wrote: Granted, this is just my personal opinion on Lauren...is there anyone who likes her, or sees some redeeming quality in her?
Arghh...Even SM didn't give her even one redeeming quality :lol:
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
JordanfromNZ
Settled in Forks

Post by JordanfromNZ »

Lauren struck me as being that typical snobby teenage girl (in no way am I suggesting teenage girls are snobby, you get what I mean) .

Didn't like her, but she isn't a huge part of the story anyway, so I'm ok with that.
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

dazzel21 wrote:
myheartiswithyou wrote: Granted, this is just my personal opinion on Lauren...is there anyone who likes her, or sees some redeeming quality in her?
Arghh...Even SM didn't give her even one redeeming quality :lol:

I know, she didnt really have one once of liability. She made me laugh a few times though!
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Melody
Learning to Love Green

Post by Melody »

Lauren reminds me of most of the girls in my class - 99.9 percent PURE EVIL! :twisted:
It helps when i'm having a crummy day in school to come home and read the parts of the new moon when Lauren and Jess are mean to Bella and to see how well Bella copes - she just doesn't care! That's why I love Bella - she's strong :)

Team Edward - because real men sparkle ;)
Trainee in "Emmetts Demolition Crew"
JustcallmeRiley
Settled in Forks

Post by JustcallmeRiley »

Everybody's going to hate me for this but... I don't get why everybody hates Lauren? I mean, I guess she is mean to Bella but teenagers are mean in general. I'm sure she'd grow out of it and become a nice person.
Just my opinion.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~justcallmeriley
After a century of instant gratification, I found self-discipline… challenging.-Jasper Whitlock Hale
Follow the sound of my voice and don’t open your eyes. You look, you lose, got it?-Jasper Whitlock Hale
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

JustcallmeRiley wrote:I don't get why everybody hates Lauren? I mean, I guess she is mean to Bella but teenagers are mean in general. I'm sure she'd grow out of it and become a nice person.
Well, I personally don't like her because she's the type of person who can destroy somebody's life. I consider her attitude as a kind of psychological bullying. But luckily, Bella - although she's not self-confident - seems not to really care of what Lauren believes. And right now I am wondering... Is there a chance that she is so indifferent on that matter because of her "protective shield"????