Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Rosalie Hale #2

Post by December »

Continuing our discussion from the first Rosalie Hale thread.

This is the place to discuss all the things you've wondered about Rosalie as an individual. Keep posts about Emmett and Rosalie's relationship to the general discussion forum in Quench Your Thirst.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Rosalie Hale #2

Post by SwanCullen »

Maybe I didn't see this when I read the books, but why does Rose remember how she came about to being a vamp? I would think that she would forget that overtime. Or was it that the rape was so horrendous that it stayed deep into her mind?
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
AyaDiefair
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AyaDiefair »

Good question, but I think in Breaking Dawn Rosalie states that if you think about your human memories from time to time, then they will not only be less 'fuzzy' but you won't forget them. I think she said this to Bella before she was turned.

Apologizes if the information is mixed up, I haven't read the books in so long.
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
desire4vampires
Wandering Through Town

Post by desire4vampires »

I am sorry if this was already answered, but why was Rosalie so mad at becoming a vampire? Was it because she had to remember her rape forever and couldn't just let the memory die with her? She was able to do what most rape victums aren't able to do by becoming a vampire-- she got revenge on her attackers.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Good question. I believe Edward tells Bella that Rosalie wishes she was still human. Later, after we hear Rosalie's sad tale of her transition, we realize that she wanted to be a wife and mother. It was all she ever wanted; marry a man that can care for her, raise a family and grow old with. Now that she is a vampire, that dream has been taken away. She will never grow old, never have children, never be able to sit on a porch with her love watching her grandchildren play around them. She is very bitter to have lost the one thing she dreamed and desired most. Having Emmett softens the blow, but only so much.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
desire4vampires
Wandering Through Town

Post by desire4vampires »

Thanks that explains it. I am happy that she was able to live out some of her dreams through Renesmee. ;)
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Exactly, which is why Bella sought out Rosalie for protection. Rosalie would do anything to be able to have that motherhood experience...even as an Aunt.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

AyaDiefair wrote:Good question, but I think in Breaking Dawn Rosalie states that if you think about your human memories from time to time, then they will not only be less 'fuzzy' but you won't forget them. I think she said this to Bella before she was turned.
Ahh okay. I forgot about Rose saying that. But I think that it's in Eclipse, not Breaking Dawn. I think it's during the time she tells Bella about how she became a vampire.

I remember when I first read Breaking Dawn, I was so confused as to WHY Bella would go to Rose. It was after I read it for the third time that it clicked in my head. Unlike some people, I don't think Rose was only helping Bella to save the baby. I think she also did it because she realised that Bella was a good person and made the same choice she wishes she could have made. She realized that Bella was selfless, and not selfish.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Melody
Learning to Love Green

Post by Melody »

SwanCullen wrote:
AyaDiefair wrote:Good question, but I think in Breaking Dawn Rosalie states that if you think about your human memories from time to time, then they will not only be less 'fuzzy' but you won't forget them. I think she said this to Bella before she was turned.
Ahh okay. I forgot about Rose saying that. But I think that it's in Eclipse, not Breaking Dawn. I think it's during the time she tells Bella about how she became a vampire.

I remember when I first read Breaking Dawn, I was so confused as to WHY Bella would go to Rose. It was after I read it for the third time that it clicked in my head. Unlike some people, I don't think Rose was only helping Bella to save the baby. I think she also did it because she realised that Bella was a good person and made the same choice she wishes she could have made. She realized that Bella was selfless, and not selfish.
I agree. I think that Rosalie saw how selfless Bella was being when she wanted her baby because it could kill her. She may have thought Bella was seflish before (which is maybe why she was so defensive around Bella) because she was going to leave her family behind and wouldnt be able to have anymore human experiences. BD gave me much respect for Rose :)

Team Edward - because real men sparkle ;)
Trainee in "Emmetts Demolition Crew"
Lioness Rampant
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Lioness Rampant »

Melody wrote:I think that Rosalie saw how selfless Bella was being when she wanted her baby because it could kill her. She may have thought Bella was seflish before (which is maybe why she was so defensive around Bella) because she was going to leave her family behind and wouldnt be able to have anymore human experiences. BD gave me much respect for Rose :)
I would have to differ in that I believe that Breaking Dawn clarified how selfish Rosalie really is...

I belive that she is self-centered, incredibly insensitive, and VERY self-centered. Did I mention that she is self-centered?
All pity I felt (after reading her story) dissapated. Her story simply cannot justify her vain, selfish personality.
She is the most vain and arrogant character in the series. and selfish. don't forget selfish.

Sorry If I've offended any Rose-lovers. But I just can't stand her!
ColormeBSG