Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Chelsea

Post by Openhome »

This is the place to discuss Chelsea of the Volturi Guard.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.

To discuss the Volturi as a group visit The Volturi Coven and Guard thread.
EverythingRemindsMeOfTwili
Settled in Forks

Re: Chelsea

Post by EverythingRemindsMeOfTwili »

I find Chelsea's gift so interesting because really it only seems to work on those "bindings" between members that aren't truly in love. She can make them or break them---but only with those who aren't truly attached. And, of course, in the final "battle" of Breaking Dawn she can't find their connections at all. Of course, part of that is that the Cullens and Denalis abstain from killing humans; and because of their compassion and life devoid of blood lust, they make truer, deeper, and purer attachments than their more violent counterparts. The beginnings and endings of such bonds can never be found for anyone. How do you define the exact when and how you fell in love with someone else or an attachment to a friend really became more like the love you have for a family member? So, Chelsea can't find them. The "one, big, happy family" is really lost on her. I guess I feel like it's another reminder that superficial and shallow "love" or "friendship" is lost and broken easily. But, the love that is worth having and is true and deep can't ever be broken--not even by the Volturi. :)
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."