Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Team Edward Girl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Alistair

Post by Team Edward Girl »

robin baby wrote:I keep wondering if he might be modelled after Alastor Moody from the Harry Potter books, a little bit at least? He's certainly moody... ;)
I like him too, though. He's kind of funny, with his muttering and shuffling about in the attic.

Yeah. That's what he reminds me of. A mix between Mad-eye Moody and a little bit of emo boy (just i the way he hides up in the attic) That be freaking hilarious if at some point in BD he was like "CONSTANT VIGILANCE!" Lol :lol:
"I see you lying next to me with words I thought I'd never speak; awake and unafraid asleep or dead" -Famous Last Words" My Chemical Romance
Jane's_reflection
Wandering Through Town

Post by Jane's_reflection »

Team Edward Girl wrote:
robin baby wrote:I keep wondering if he might be modelled after Alastor Moody from the Harry Potter books, a little bit at least? He's certainly moody... ;)
I like him too, though. He's kind of funny, with his muttering and shuffling about in the attic.

Yeah. That's what he reminds me of. A mix between Mad-eye Moody and a little bit of emo boy (just i the way he hides up in the attic) That be freaking hilarious if at some point in BD he was like "CONSTANT VIGILANCE!" Lol :lol:
I see him with some parinoid nerd in him too! :geek: Making sure he doesn't get stuffed into a trash can or something! :lol:

Alec patted his sister's shoulder soothingly, then tucked her under his arm - Breaking Dawn

Alec and Jane 4ever!
buffygrl3
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by buffygrl3 »

Its weird but I always end up picturing him as some old guy in a wheelchair... which he's totally not. I guess thats just the image I have to go along with the personality...

I think that his paranoia might have something to do with how old he is. I mean he's a pretty old vampire and he must have seen alot of stuff go down during his, probably centuries, of life. Its quite common for authority to become corrupt and he must have seen it happen at least a few times. It sounds to me like he's less forgiving than a number of other vampires in the series. Also, he was probably a pretty paranoid person during his human life and who knows, maybe he was affected by the corruption of some government somewhere. It'd be really nice to get more background story about Alistair.

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
Jane's_reflection
Wandering Through Town

Alister is such a complex character with a simple role. I agree with buffygrl13 that a backstory would be ery interesting!

Alec patted his sister's shoulder soothingly, then tucked her under his arm - Breaking Dawn

Alec and Jane 4ever!
~*teamswitzerland*~
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ~*teamswitzerland*~ »

In my opinion, Alistair is awesome. Reasons:

1) He is a paranoid, misanthropic nomad. A lot of good stories have misanthropes- look at Wuthering Heights (Heathcliff) or Harry Potter (I'm sure there is a misanthrope somewhere- I have only read the first 3 books :oops: )

2) He's English!

3) His name is like Lays Chips. You can't just say his name once- it's so cool, you have to say it over and over again to yourself. Alistair, Alistair, Alistair...
or at least that's how it is for me! lol
Taylor Lautner. (drool.) That is all. :)
Jane's_reflection
Wandering Through Town

~*teamswitzerland*~ wrote:In my opinion, Alistair is awesome. Reasons:

1) He is a paranoid, misanthropic nomad. A lot of good stories have misanthropes- look at Wuthering Heights (Heathcliff) or Harry Potter (I'm sure there is a misanthrope somewhere- I have only read the first 3 books :oops: )

2) He's English!

3) His name is like Lays Chips. You can't just say his name once- it's so cool, you have to say it over and over again to yourself. Alistair, Alistair, Alistair...
You forgot numbers four and five! :roll:

4) The muttering to himself makes him mysterious! 8-) Everyone loves a good mystery!

5) He is friends with Carlisle! That has to say something about his judgment! If you don't know, that means it is good! :mrgreen:

That, with the help of *teamswitzerland*, is why Alister is so awesome!

I wonder if he has an accent? :lol:

Alec and Jane 4ever!
Lightwish
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Lightwish »

I really didnt like this nomad vampire. He isnt liked by anyone other than Carlisle and he dropped and ran once the Voluturi arrived instead of staying to support the Cullens. What a Dbag.
I am a faithfull Twi-Guy!
~*teamswitzerland*~
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ~*teamswitzerland*~ »

ughh I totally forgot that when I wrote that list, I wanted to include the fact that he was mysterious as one of my reasons! *smacks forehead* thanks, Jane's_reflection!
btw, i think he probably does have an accent, because he's English :D

OK, new revised list:

Alistair is awesome because:

1) He is a paranoid, misanthropic nomad. A lot of good stories have misanthropes- look at Wuthering Heights (Heathcliff) or Harry Potter (I'm sure there is a misanthrope somewhere- I have only read the first 3 books :oops: ) btw, don't know what a misanthrope is? Look it up.

2) He's English! (British accent = very awesome)

4) The muttering to himself makes him mysterious! 8-) Everyone loves a good mystery!

5) He is friends with Carlisle! That has to say something about his judgment! If you don't know, that means it is good! :mrgreen:

That is why Alistair is so awesome! I'm glad I decided to resurrect this thread :)
Taylor Lautner. (drool.) That is all. :)
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

6. (or 5.5, depends on how you look at it) He's loyal, in an odd way, he won't fight for Carlisle, but he won't fight against him.

7. He was right about the Volturi all along.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
buffygrl3
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by buffygrl3 »

Misanthropy - a general dislike, distrust, or hatred of the human species or a disposition to dislike and/or distrust other people's silent consensus about reality

Not in my own words(I'm not THAT smart) Stole it from the dictionary...

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.