A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightMad
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Theory

Post by TwilightMad »

1. There are so many humorous quotes from this chapter. The "zingers" keep coming. Which is your favorite from chapter nine and why?
I love where bellas just like "Im a freak?" and Edward asks her "I hear voices in my mind and youre worried you're the freak" I loved that it was hilarious. Lol

2. Do you think Bella is starting to regret that she flirted with Jacob in order to get information from him?

Maybe a bit in the beginning, but she seems to forget about it kinda quickly.

3. Much of the chapter centers around the phrase, "it doesn't matter". Why exactly doesn't it matter to Bella?

Because its too late. She doesnt care. Shes in love with him, no matter what. Thats so sweet.

4. Bella is on the verge of tears once and then finally does cry a second time. What emotion do you think is largely responsible for her tears givien that we know she only usually cries when she is angry.

Well..Sometimes she is embaressed, and sometimes she is sad.

5. The chapter ends with the famous "three things" quote. What exactly do you think was the point where Bella fell "unconditionally and irrevocably in love" with Edward?

I think she fell in love with him when he saved her from Tylers truck. She must have felt something before, too because she was waiting for him to get to school so she could yell at him.
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. There are so many humorous quotes from this chapter. The "zingers" keep coming. Which is your favorite from chapter nine and why?"'Enough commentary on my driving', he snapped. 'I'm still waiting for your latest theory.'" Why? The fact that Edward's driving is maniacal and that Bella really hates it, starts a joke that carries all through the Saga.

2. Do you think Bella is starting to regret that she flirted with Jacob in order to get information from him?Yes, because now he thinks that she's interested in him.

3. Much of the chapter centers around the phrase, "it doesn't matter". Why exactly doesn't it matter to Bella?That Edward is a vampire. She's already in love with him.

4. Bella is on the verge of tears once and then finally does cry a second time. What emotion do you think is largely responsible for her tears givien that we know she only usually cries when she is angry.Hurt. Because Edward is acting like he doesn't love her. :cry:

5. The chapter ends with the famous "three things" quote. What exactly do you think was the point where Bella fell "unconditionally and irrevocably in love" with Edward?
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

1. There are so many humorous quotes from this chapter. The "zingers" keep coming. Which is your favorite from chapter nine and why?
I like when Bella is freaking out about Edward's driving, and he is like..."Enough commentary on my driving!" haha it gets me every time. And when he is like... "That's more than one." Ah, Edward. I was in love with him at this point.

2. Do you think Bella is starting to regret that she flirted with Jacob in order to get information from him?
It's not regret persay, but it is a little bit of embarrassment.

3. Much of the chapter centers around the phrase, "it doesn't matter". Why exactly doesn't it matter to Bella?
That Edward is a vampire, and not human. She doesn't care about that, she just cares about what's in his heart. Aw. :)

4. Bella is on the verge of tears once and then finally does cry a second time. What emotion do you think is largely responsible for her tears givien that we know she only usually cries when she is angry.
Embarrassment and disappointment. She let him see how deep her feelings were and he was like... NEVER be in love with me, it's never too late, and I think she took that not as he intended like, "Please be aware that I am a vampire who is perfectly capable of killing you and in fact, I want your blood more than anything right now, and I might just slip and kill you" and i think that she took it as "Get away from me, I don't feel the same."

After all of the weirdness before, with running away, to being friendly, to saving her life, to avoiding her and ignoring her, I think that when he asked her to go to Seattle with him was when she realized that she was in love with him. But I think she had strong feelings for him the moment she saw him.
~Bee Marie
bella+edward4eva
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella+edward4eva »

1) when they're driving and bella freaks out over how fast edward is going and he says " built-in radar detector" i thought that was cute, exept the next line out of bella is a sacastic " very funny" also when she tells edward about when she as gonna fight of the weirdos she says " I was trying to remember how to incapacitate and attacker- you know, self defence. I was gonna to smash his nose into his brain."

2)i think that it wasn't such a good thing later on in new moon,but that if she hadn't, the story would've gotten nowhere.

3)because she wants to make edward feel better about himself. plus she really believes it.

4)i think she cried because she was upset that it was wrong for her to be with heim. shw anted him to understand and feel right with her, but he just blew her off.

5)probobly wen she relized he was dangerous and that he smelled good.
FYI-TWILIGHT ROX!!!!!!
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Post by lunamia »

'Keep your eyes on the road"
"I've never been in an accident, Bella-I've never even gotten a ticket" He grinned and tapped his forehead.
"Built-in radar detector"
"Very funny"
"Burned by the sun?"
"Myth"
"Sleeping in coffins?"
"Myth"

Eh..a little maybe.

I think it doesnt matter to Bella because she herself feels like an "outsider". And because she likes him. She really really likes him. And when you like somebody, its hard to see straight.

Humiliation. I mean come on. Putting your feelings out there and someone telling you not to feel that. Not a good feeling.

When he saved her from the van. But even before that she was already feeling a pull towards him.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Hmmmm, I can't say I agree with the "zingers" classifiction. There are a lot of amusing lines in the chapter, but the humor relates more to the irony involved I suppose. That being said, here are mine"
"I hear voices in my mind and you're worried that you're the freak." EC
"I'd like to have seen that. And you accused me of dazzling people--poor Jacob Black." EC
" How old are you?" "Seventeen." And how long have you been seventeen?" "Awhile." EC<-->BS
" I fall down a lot when I run." BS

No. I don't think she regrets that decision until much later. :?
3. Much of the chapter centers around the phrase, "it doesn't matter". Why exactly doesn't it matter to Bella? I think Bella has given herself over to the tide of her emotions, and Edward's. Bella doesn't strike me as one who often experiences deep emotion. She distances a lot of things. So, in this situation, where she has felt something so intense, probably for the first time ever, it's not even that she won't, she can't question it. The threat truly doesn't matter to her. The only threat to her is turning away from this person who makes her feel so alive.
Frustration and anger. She sees Edward trying to maintain a distance, despite his revelations. She feels him saying goodbye, and she is angry that he is doing it. Also, I think she is really angry over the double standard that exists in Edward trying to force her hand in staying away from him.
I think it was a gradual process that started in the cafeteria on the first day. But, I think the full force of it, the realization, came to her after the blood typing incident. When Edward asks her to be careful at First Beach, she gets irritated because she knows she will actually try a little harder not to get hurt, because he asked her too. ;)
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
sleepingshadow
Settled in Forks

Post by sleepingshadow »

The AM/FM radio line and her reaction to him being able to read minds. Hands down.

A little bit. Bella isn't the type of person to use someone or deliberately deceive to get what she wants.

Because she understands that when you fall in love, you love them regardless of their flaws. She doesn't halfway commit to anything in life, there's no way she'd only halfway commit to love. She trusted him not to hurt her (regardless of how dangerous he may or may not be) and decided that the prospect of danger was worth the risk.

She was angry because he wasn't letting her in.

I think she was always in love with him, even before they met. Through a series of tragic events it became clear to her.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~ i dont feel like getting my book out. sorry ill post later.

~ yes a little.

~she doesnt care what he is.

~ love.

~at dinner with him.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
4everklutzy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 4everklutzy »

I have a few--definitely the "I hear voices in my mind and you're worried that you're a freak? The whole myth part and " I fall down a lot when I run" and "I was getting to that part"

I think that she is embarrassed because she's a pretty honest person and she was dishonest with Jacob, took advantage of him. But, I think she's glad that she got the information she needed.

That Edward is a vampire. What he is doesn't matter because she's in love with who he is. She trusts him even though she knows that it could be dangerous for her. He is not a monster to her.

4. Bella is on the verge of tears once and then finally does cry a second time. What emotion do you think is largely responsible for her tears given that we know she only usually cries when she is angry.
I think that she feels rejected. She's laid herself on the line with Edward and he tells her "never to say that." She misinterprets his concern for rejection, mostly I think because she doesn't see what Edward sees in her.

I think that she was intrigued, perhaps attracted to him from the beginning, but I think that it's when she goes walking in the woods that she truly falls for him--"That has always been my way, though. Making decisions was the painful part for me, the part I agonized over. But once the decision was made, I simply followed through--usually with relief that the choice was mad...this decision was ridiculously easy to live with. Dangerously easy." p. 140 She knows what he is and it doesn't matter.
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

I dont remember and dont feel like looking! :)

She obviously does.. I would lol.

Because she already is in LOVE!

REJECTION!!!

Umm.. like when she first talked to him lol.