Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Port Angeles

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?

I'm generally a slow person, so I didn't really know what would happen. I knew Edward must have been in Port Angeles when Bella mentions that a silver volvo is parked at the side of the road. However, strangely enough, I didn't immediately realize it was Edward when she said that a voice commanded her to get in the car. Sort of stupid, I know. Does this even answer the question?

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?

Actually, I think Edward's sexy when he's pissed. ;] I wasn't afraid of him, or worried for Bella at all. After all, Bella couldn't die. The book was written from her POV, and the book was only halfway through.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?

I didn't think anything of it the first time I read it, but when I read it for the second time, it seemed kind of out of character. And, no, I didn't guess this was his secret. (Like I said, I'm a slow person.)

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?

I thought it was exactly how Edward put it; Her mind was on the AM frequency, and he was only getting FM.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?

It didn't concern me. I thought it was kind of sweet. A little over-protective, but sweet.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time?
I started to worry Bella would be in trouble when she walked down to the industrial part of Port Angeles and passed the thugs. I had no idea Edward would show up, I just figured Bella would run or scream or something.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella?
I knew he wasn't mad at Bella, I figured he was mad at the thugs. I thought it was kind of sweet how he was so worried about Bella and upset that those guys tried to hurt her.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret?
I was really surprised he told Bella the truth so easily, he'd been so closed off about personal things. But, I guess by that point, he couldn't really lie to her anymore. She'd already seen him save her from an oncoming van, and rescue her from thugs. No, I didn't guess that was his secret. I thought it made sense though.

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book?
I have no idea. I would have guessed that her mind just didn't work the same way everyone else's did.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?
At first glance, I thought it was a little strange that he was always everywhere she was. But at the same time I liked how protective he was. In his own way, he was showing how much he cared about her.
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

Probably when the two were following around for block after block

Worried for Bella until he arrived. He seems justified for his reaction to the situation.

Pretty much guessed it, and everything before it now begins to make more sense.

Not sure. "The one?"

It actually didn't feel quite stalkerish, rather more protective.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

I figured Edward would show up. It was about time for him to since he was gone for so long. But I wanted to climb in the book and claw out the eyes of those guys. Especially the big one that was talking to her.

I thought he handled the situation pretty well. He didn't kill the guys. I was concerned that Edward was fighting so hard not to do that; he may not have been able to not go back if he didn't have Bella with him. I wasn't worried about Bella.

I kinda knew already. Spoilers hehe. But I was surprised that he gave in so quickly since he has been fighting so hard not to tell his secrets.

I actually gave that a thought and imagined it as if it were a real life thing. I thought that maybe there were certain people that are shy like that who could keep their thoughts a secret. I can't explain why though.

If it were me, it would have creep-ed me out. But Bella made it seem so much less creepy.
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

1)When they started following her

2)I wasn't afraid of him, just curious.

3)I was surprised he told it quickly, and I hadn't guessed it.

4)I've read Breaking Dawn, but originally I just thought it was b/c their soulmates and the fact that he can't read her mind means they have to communicate in other ways

5)I knew he was just trying to protect her, so I thought it was sweet
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
peacelovetwilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by peacelovetwilight »

I was worried as soon as she mentioned that somebody was following her. I personally feel nervous and jumpy when I have to walk somewhere in the dark on my own so I was apprehensive straight away.

I didn't feel as though he would hurt Bella. I was quite surprised that he seemed to take the whole event much worse than Bella. This told me that he cared a lot about Bella even though he hadn't acted like this was the case in previous chapters.

No I hadn't guessed and I wasn't surprised that he told her his secret but I was surprised at how calmly Bella took this. Personally if a guy told me he could read minds I would probably think that he was mentally unstable.

I thought that Bella was just a strange exception. She already said that she didn't feel like other people her age so it made sense that her brain wouldn't work the same.

I thought it was sweet of him. You could tell he was only doing it to take care of her and that he wasn't some kind of stalker/paedophile.
Like a stalker. An obsessed stalker. An obsessed vampire stalker- Edward Cullen
Edward Cullen used to be my ideal guy. Then Robert Pattinson came along. Now Edward's number two.
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

When they started to follow her, i assumed that he would

He loves her, heck no, and no she was with Edward so she was safe

No, i figure he was sick of keeping it from the girl he loves, yup

I really didn't have one

No i thought it was loving, i brushed it off...and if it was stalkerish Edward Cullen could stalk me whenever he wanted to
**Kathryn**
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time? When she realized that the other guys were walking behind her I was like Oh NO this can't be good. I had no idea Edward would show up, it actually surprised me at first.

2. How did you feel about Edward's emotional reaction to the whole situation? Were you afraid of him? Were you worried for Bella? I was a little worried.

3. Were you surprised that Edward told the truth so quickly about his ability to mind read? Had you guessed that this was his secret? I was really surprised I was like what the?

4. What was your personal theory as to why Edward can't hear Bella's mind the first time you read the book? I really had no idea.

5. Did it concern you at all that Edward keeps such a close watch over Bella? Did it seem somewhat like a stalker to you or did you just brush it off?I just brushed it off.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
keds723

Post by keds723 »

I was a little worried, but I thought she was getting away. Edward was a TOTAL surprise. The knight in shining armor and I loved him.

I wasn't afraid of him, I was surprised that he felt so strongly about Bella or anyone to be that concerned for someone!

Well, she had pretty much already guessed it and he gave it away. He's letting her know the truth, which she rightly deserves.

I thought maybe she was his soul mate and he wasn't supposed to hear what she was thinking. That would be weird, wouldn't it?

No, I felt just the same way as Bella. It seemed completely normal for some reason.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

When she realized that they were following her. But since Bella always has a tendency to end up in trouble, I was a little anxious already when she left the other girls. I didn't think of the possibility that Edward might show up.

I was not afraid of him I think a lot of people would feel the way he did in that situation. Bella was perfectly safe with Edward even if he was very upset. I never in the whole book thought that Edward would actually hurt Bella.

I was a bit surprised that he told her so quickly. I knew he would eventually, but I guessed it would take some time for him. I did not guess that he could read peoples mind.

I thought that it was because of the special connection that Edward and Bella has. Don't know exactly how or why it would work that way, but..I was wrong anyway.

No, I just thought it was sweet. He showed that he really cares about her. And it wasn't like he was doing it to stalk her, he did it so that he could make sure that she was safe.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~