Chapter 7 ~ Nightmare

A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Re: Chapter 7 ~ Nightmare

Post by Kate »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?

The few song I know about them aren’t bad… :)

2. In Bella's nightmare, did you think Bella was in danger, if so from whom?

I think the other character think she will be in danger. This is why they wish she do the reasonable thing, get back in the forest.

I find interesting that Mike, the human option for Bella is hide IN the forest yelling to take this way. Jacob, the half human option stays in the border with her…Trying to push her to the forest. Than come Edward from the beach. The most secure to the most dangerous for her…:) And the forest seems to be somehow, her humanity… :)

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?

Not really… But I should have… :)

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen?

YES! I haven’t read Midnight sun, I will not read it as far I have hope it will be publish, but I hope be right on that point! :)

5. Did your impressions of Renee and Charlie change at all this chapter?

Not really, Renée is impatient to have news and Charlie let her a lot of space…

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?
I'm a huge fan of Linkin Park. I've liked them from the first CD on. So, I like Phil's taste in music :mrgreen:

No, I didn't feel she was in danger.

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?
No, not really.

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen?
Not at the moment, but I did note that she felt watched, so I did think that later on in the book.

No.
AyaDiefair
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AyaDiefair »

Well, I used to be really into their old stuff, had a couple CD's, finding out she listened to them was pretty interesting. However, I did not expect Bella to listen to more of the rock based stuff.

Not really, no. I just thought it was one of them realization dreams.

Naw, I used to do that all the time, it is very calming.

I had my suspicions, but I wasn't completely sure.

Naw.
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
Idril
Settled in Forks

Post by Idril »

I like older Linkin Park music not to crazy about some of their new stuff. I thought that Phil was an ok guy since he was trying to reach out to Bella.

I wasn't too sure yet but I had decided that the danger was NOT from Edward already

A little because she is such a Klutz, I wondered if she had a sense of direction or not and doubted that she did have.

I wasn't thinking along those lines yet no.

Not really
Lady Idril
desire4vampires
Wandering Through Town

Post by desire4vampires »

I love linkin park! They are one of my favorite bands! I can't wait for their new album comming out in September! I want to know which Linkin Park cd Bella was listening to. I think Phil must have good taste in music and is probably one of those adults who are are more open to modern day rock rather thank just sticking to the classic rock in their own generation.

Yeah I thought she was in danger from an unknown source.

Yeah I was nervous that she would get lost and not know her way back home.

No I wasn't even thinking that.

Renee seemed more paranoid and unreasonable about Bella not answering her e-mails. I didn't understand why she didn't just call Bella since that would of been a faster way to reach her. I think she wants to be a part of Bella's life and just doesn't realize that she hovers too much. Charlie seemed like he was paying a little less attension to Bella than usual.
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

I think that Linkin Park has some good songs, but some of them are annoying. I think that Phil's taste in music is fine, though not quite my thing. On a side note, I wonder how Bella was able to fall asleep while listening to them... It would have been far too noisy for me.

I think she was in more danger from the wolf than Edward. I think she had a part in her mind that trusted that Edward wouldn't hurt her, somehow.

Yeah, a little. That certainly isn't something that I would do.

He might have been, but he was probably watching through the window. If Bella was still awake, I don't know if Edward would have been in her room with her.

Nah, not really.
skatepixie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by skatepixie »

Not a fan, I hate to say. My tastes run more toward country, jazz, and oldies.

I didn't feel she was in direct danger, but I did think that being between the wolf and Edward might have put her in danger.

A little, after all, it's Bella.

No, I think of that at all.

No, and I don't think they have even into the present.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I don't particularly like them, but horses for courses.

Her imagination.

No. Maybe I should have been.

Not at first.

No.
christopher
Settled in Forks

Post by christopher »

Alphie wrote:1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?
Nothing wrong with Linkin Park. I don't really like to judge musical tastes.
Alphie wrote:2. In Bella's nightmare, did you think Bella was in danger, if so from whom?
Seemed like she was in danger from Edward.
Alphie wrote:3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?
I never even thought of this scene as scary until I read this question.
Alphie wrote:4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen?
Didn't even cross my mind.
Alphie wrote:5. Did your impressions of Renee and Charlie change at all this chapter?
No, not really.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Cool since I am a fan of Linkin Park.

No I didn't think she was in danger. I just thought she was having nightmares to the possibility of them being vampires.

I didn't really feel she was in danger. The woods just seem spooky b/c of old stories and we let our imaginations go wild in that surroundings.

Not when I read it a few times but I did wonder after the 2nd reading. It wasn't till I read the book that shall not be named that answered that question for me.

I think her parents needed to be more in her life. It always bothered me why Renee would email her daughter than pick up the phone. As a mom I want to hear my children's voices than a quiet email.
Banner by TammyAZ