A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Chapter 7 ~ Nightmare

Post by Nerd »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?
I actally never knew that until this moment. That's kind of funny, because suppose this random, imaginary band I was thinking Bella was listening to IS a little bit like LP, but... I'm biased, I suppose. LP, to me, has more melody than Bella gives them credit for! But I like them. :) And that sees about right. Since Phil is really young, it would make sense that he listens to them

2. In Bella's nightmare, did you think Bella was in danger, if so from whom?
I think in Bella's DREAM, she's definitely in danger around Edward. However, that's just because of the 'scary stories' she'd heard and looked up.

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?
A little. It was really stupid to do. Lol. So when she was okay, I found that a bit anticlimactic.

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen?
I think I wondered about it, but...I don't think I really thought he was.

5. Did your impressions of Renee and Charlie change at all this chapter?
Not really. They were still the eccentric but loveable parents.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
sleepingshadow
Settled in Forks

Post by sleepingshadow »

1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?
It goes to show Phil's young age. While I personally do not like Linkin Park (although when I learned that Stephenie was inspired by Muse I was tickled pink since they've been one of my favorites since the late 90's), I can understand the draw and see how it really fits into the bigger picture.

I didn't anticipate any danger in her dream.

3. Were you at all nervous when Bella decided to take a walk in the woods alone?
I wasn't so much nervous as I was more so anticipating a visit from Edward.

4. Did you think Edward was watching Bella as she fell asleep reading Jane Austen?
Definitely. At this point he was clearly so enamored with her and didn't want to let her out of his sight when possible. It was done out of love and protection.

I wouldn't say my perceptions changed, but rather their endearing nuances became more evident.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~ I love Linkin Park!!!!! Phils got gooood taste! :D

~ i thought she was in danger from the wolf.

~yes yes yes. after those stories...............

~ At the time, no. But after reading MS, I realized he did.

~ not too much, no.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
4everklutzy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 4everklutzy »

I don't really know their music, but it made me wonder just how old Phil was.

I didn't think that she was in any danger--it was a dream--but it seemed like she was trying to synthesize all the information she had gathered and the dream was what came about.

With all the strange things she was finding out, I was a little worried about her walking alone in the woods. I was surprised that nothing happened!

I did kind of wonder as she had a feeling that she was not alone. I loved reading about this in Midnight Sun on Stehenie's website and seeing what happened from Edward's point of view. It was great to be able to read both and get the full picture. I hope that she decides to finish it soon!

Maybe a little. It was nice to see Charlie show that he enjoyed spending time with Bella. You get a better idea of Charlie in MS. I saw that Renee missed Bella, but as another reader commented, why doesn't she call or write her then? My opinion of Renee didn't change much until Breaking Dawn.
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

I think theyre okay.. I dont listen to much of them. I cant really say much about his taste in music since we only know of one CD.

No.. I knew the entire book that Edward was a vampire and I just kept waiting for her to figure it out!

Hmm......I dont think so.. Just still waiting for her dumb self to figure it out lol.

No. I was still waiting for Edward to come back into the story..

Um.. no not really.. Parents will be parents!
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:1. The music group that Bella falls asleep listening to has been revealed by Stephenie to be Linkin Park. What do you think of Linkin Park, and about Phil's taste in music since he gave Bella the CD?

1) Linkin Park is a good group. It showed Phil likes hard, alternative rock.

2) At first it appears to be Edward because of how he is portrayed in her dream due to the spoken word from Jacob.

3) No. But I felt that Edward may have been hiding and watching her from afar.

4) I know he was. Besides, Bella stated that she felt like she was not alone.

5) No.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
scarlet_forever
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by scarlet_forever »

I like alot of Linkin Park's music. Have a cd of theirs (the most recent). When SM revealed this I didn't at all think that's what she was listening to, but it puts a better pic of Phil in my head. After all, he is younger than Bella's mom. So it does show his style. Kinda cool.

Yes, I think she was in danger w/ Edward at the time, but that was b/c her talk w/ Jacob. Later on, when she finds out about Edward, she is still in danger, but deep in her head I think she knows nothing will ever happen. She trusts him completely. It actually states in the book that Bella's fear was what Jacob said.

No, I was actually excited. I thought she was going to see Edward or Jacob.

Yes, since he can't go to school in the Sunlight. I think he was dying to see her too!!!

Not really.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

I'm not surprised Phil liked Linkin Park, he is pretty young. I like some of their songs, although, honestly, I don't really know that much about them.

Actually, for whatever reason, I was more worried about Edward in her dream.

A little bit. I figured she'd get lost. I just got a little anxious when she was just sitting in the dark forest.

No, I didn't.

Not really, Charlie seemed like any other father with a teenage daughter....clueless lol.
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

I didn't expect it to be that. Though it seems his taste is better than I had expected.

Actually yeah, like she had to get away from something, but then came along the magnificent Edward that had her stunned where he could've attacked and fed.

No, not at all.

No.

Not really. Charlie just has always been endlessly in love with Renee despite her craving for freedom and excitement which Charlie unfortunately doesn't provide.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

I like some of the music. I don't know much about them but I listen to them once in a while.

No she wasn't in danger I don't think. I think that everyone in her dream thought she was though.

Beside her getting lost; not so much.

No, I thought he was away that weekend and he said he didn't get back till Sunday and it was Saturday night when she had that dream.

Not really.