A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
christopher
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 6 - Scary Stories

Post by christopher »

Alphie wrote:1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
Edward's a supernatural being. Unlike normal people, he'd have no reason to worry about the presence of bears.
Alphie wrote:2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?
Get enough people together and there's bound to be someone there who doesn't like you. People like Lauren are just a part of life.
Alphie wrote:3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
He seemed friendly, but not pushy like some of Bella's other friends. His interest in Bella was obvious, but he wasn't aggressive in pursuing it the way the others were. Maybe this was due to his age or inexperience around girls. Definitely a good guy though.
Alphie wrote:4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
Jacob didn't believe them because he didn't witness anything supernatural firsthand the way that Bella did.
Alphie wrote:5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
I think it makes it kind of obvious. Although, I would've expected them sooner (in future chapters).
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?

Why is Edward and Emmett up there then.Yes I did wonder why he was up there.

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?

I didn't like her character but in real life you are not going to get along with every person either.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?

I did like him at this point and felt bad that he was such a young boy developing a crush on a girl that was intrigued someone else.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?

No proof in his eyes. He hadn't witness anything to make him believe otherwise.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?

Yes I thought it was possible that there was going to be werewolves.
Banner by TammyAZ
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
I figured that it was something to do with hunting when Charlie mentioned that. I'd already read up enough on Twilight to know that they were 'vegetarians', though.

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?
She made me appreciate Jessica more! I instantly disliked her.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
I liked him because he just seemed innocent and sweet. It was clear he had a bit of a crush on Bella.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
Jacob hadn't had any interaction with the supernatural as Bella had. It was easy for him to pass off as an old wives tale; Bella was already onto the idea that Edward wasn't exactly normal. She was looking for unusual answers, so believing the supernatural stories was easier for her.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
Yeah, I did. With Bella liking Jacob more than any other character bar Edward so far, he was already sort of competition as such. Throwing in werewolves, natural enemy of the vampire, seemed like the natural next step. Jacob's story was a huge hint for me.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]