A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 6 - Scary Stories

Post by Alphie »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
Jenny
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 6 - Scary Stories

Post by Jenny »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?

I figured it had something to do with him being a vampire and eating.

I had guessed she was jealous of the attention Bella was getting from the boys.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?

I didn't hate him, but I definitely thought he was an annoying little brother type. And yes, I figured he was interested in Bella as more than a friend.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?

He grew up hearing the legends and just naturally assumed they were just stories.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?

No, actually. That part really shocked me.
xx mycoldangel xx
Settled in Forks

Post by xx mycoldangel xx »

I knew he was hunting. I freaked out and was like "Hes there because he's a vampire! He's a vampire!" ahaha

I hated her. She made me so mad at times, i wanted to be a character in the book and slap her myself.

I thought he was friendly and nice. I liked him right away. And yeah, it was pretty obvious he liked her, even Bella could see it.

Because he had never met the Cullens in person and observed the things that Bella saw.

No, in new moon, that took me by surprise!
TeamCullen26
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamCullen26 »

I knew it probably had something to do with hunting

I really don't like her character, I couldn't stand those types of girls in school and she irrtated me to no end

I loved Jacob in that part! As much as I like him later in the books, I really like the 'before werewolf' Jacob like Bella did, he was less cocky and more carefree. And yeah, I sensed that he had a bit of a crush on her.

I think it's because he'd never been around the Cullens since they weren't allowed on their land.

I didn't excpet to see them, but I wasn't suprised when it came about.
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

I thought maybe the Cullen boys were hunting there, which would DEFINITELY make it a bad place for camping, unless you were a vampire...

Blah! Everyone has a Lauren in their life. I just thought of her as petty and rude.

I liked Jacob ok when we met him in this chapter, and I definitely thought he wasn't just interested in being friends with Bella.

Because it's natural to be critical when you hear stories that seem as far-fetched as those.

I didn't even think about it, actually. Perhaps that's because it didn't really seem like Jacob was going to become to integral to the story...
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
gordonfan08
Wandering Through Town

Post by gordonfan08 »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there? I guess I must be slow on the uptake or something because it wasn't until this point that I figured out Edward was going away at times to quench his thirst for blood.

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella? I was hoping that Bella would put Lauren in her place.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend? I hate to say this, but I didn't like Jacob Black from the get go, because he showed interest in Bella as more than a friend from the first meeting. I initially thought he was an immature kid and again I didn't care for him at all.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did? Jacob hand't really had any reason to believe the legends. They were simply that, legends. Bella, on the other hand, had met Edward and thus seen some pretty suspicious things that made her consider all the possibilities.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books? I did expect to see werewolves.
TwiguyEC
Settled in Forks

Post by TwiguyEC »

I had my suspicions that he may be hunting up there. Whether he was hunting the hunters or the bears was not yet clear, but there had always seemed something abnormal about Edward and the rest of the Cullens so I though maybe they were hunting animals rather than humans. This was more of an errant thought than focused though out idea, just something that flitted through my mind.
There always has to be one doesn't there?
He was a nice kid and at this point I still like him :P . Of course you get the feeling that he is interested more than a friend but that is partially Bella's fault...
Well he has never seen the Cullens before since they don't come to the rez so he hasn't gotten to experience their outrageous perfection.
Yes. I figured this was inevitable. I didn't know how big a role they would play though.
The smell of her blood saturated every particle of air in the tiny, hot room. My throat burst into flames.
-Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
srabrgr
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by srabrgr »

I thought he might be hunting....But at this point I didn't know that the were "veggie" vampires so it kinda freaked me out.

Disliked Her. Lauren has got to be my least favorite character, she shouldn't dislike Bella I mean...it's not Bellas fault a bunch of the guys in Forks like her.

I actually didn't like Jake at first, because I didn't understand him as well as I do now....Plus I just thought he would be some kid that wouldn't amount to much in the story. Ha, ya I got the impression he liked Bella as more than a friend, I felt a little bad for him sine she didn't feel the same way.

I don't think he believed the legends because he was totally blind in the sence that he didn't realize the Cullens were different.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books? No, werewolfs were a major slap in the face. I was shocked :shock: , I never saw the books taking that turn...not that I mind it. "I love humans, and wolf people like my Jacob"
"Don't forget those sparklin' day walkers!"
clariissaa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by clariissaa »

I knew that they were hunting. Pshh camping my bee-hind.

Blek. I think Lauren is jealous and self-centered because Bella was getting all the attention that she wanted.

He was nice and adorable. I liked him because he's very chill, you know? I'm sure he was interested to her or at least wanted to get to know her better.

Because he thinks logically. I would believe someone who told me that werewolves and vampires exist. I wish they did though ( at least just Edward can exist =D )

No, not at all. I was, like Bella, paying more attention to the vampire part of the story.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Hmmm. When Charlie said that most people went to Goat Rock to hunt bear... I kinda thought that Edward was going to hunt some bear! I didn't really think they were going camping. In fact, I didn't even think that Charlie was even going fishing when he said he was.

Lauren is so high-school!

I did think that Jacob Black liked Bella. I didn't really think he was going to be more than a character who was able to tell Bella the story about the history of their tribe. I liked Jacob about as much as I liked Mike at this point.

I'm going to guess that Jacob didn't have to believe the story. There was nothing in his life to make the possibility a reality. Bella had all sorts of reasons to believe!

No I didn't expect werewolves at all! I wasn't surprised though because the seed was planted with the story.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!