A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Chapter 6 - Scary Stories

Post by pennybug84 »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there? I was curious to what Edward & Emmett could have been doing but I didn't have any ideas.

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella? I couldn't quit understand why she would hate Bella. It didn't sound like to me she had done anything or said anything to her.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend? I liked him he seemed nice enough. Had no idea he liked her more.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did? Because Bella was looking for answer's to figure out Edward & Jacob figures it's just scary stories the elders tell the younger kids to scare them.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books? I didn't expect them to come about & be just as real as the stories about the Cullens.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
<3_my_Edward
Wandering Through Town

Post by <3_my_Edward »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
I honestly thought that Edward just lied about going "camping".

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?
I didn't like her very much because Bella never did anything to Lauren.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
I thought he was very nice. But I knew he was going to be a problem later on...

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
Jacob didn't believe as readily as Bella because Jacob hadn't ever seen the Cullens up close.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
I really didn't, I was so caught up in Bella figuring out what Edward was I didn't even think about it.
"...I knew I was eager to get to school because I would see Edward Cullen. And that was very, very stupid." ~Bella
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
It made me smile, because having read Dark High Noon already, I knew what they were doing there. Charlie telling Bella that there were bears there and that people visited it in hunting season made me giggle to myself.

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?I started to really dislike her back, in Bella's defense lol. I still don't like her. Stupid stuck up nasal fishy eyed snob girl.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
I liked him. I thought he was sweet and very cute. And I knew right away that he was crushing on Bella.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
Because Jacob had never had proof; it just seemed like silly suspicions to Jacob. And he felt embarrassed by it, especially telling Bella about it, thinking it might make her think he was naive. Whereas Bella already knew there was something supernatural about Edward, and was just searching for the answer.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
No, surprisingly enough. I had no idea what was coming until Jacob started acting oddly in New Moon. Then I figured it was werewolf related as opposed to stomach flu.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aliacullen »

i actually thought they did go camping but when charlie said that its not good since there is too many bears i couldnt think of something else that he was doing only that he was lieing to her about where he was going

i find irritaing its not bella fault that that boy liked her also lauren should tel bella striaght about the way she feels

jacob black i thought was really young and yes he was interested in bella more than a friend which guy in the book didnt feel that way about her!

no if he did then he wouldnt have told her or laughed at them

yeah i did espically knowing that the next book is called new moon i just knew that new moon would concertate on warewolfs
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

No, I was sure that Edward was hunting, when Charlie mentioned that there were bears in the area.

Lauren is just one of those girls who think that they are better than everyone else, and who can't stand that someone else gets attention. One should just choose to not take any notice of people like that, because they are not worth it.

I liked him, he seemed like an OK guy. I had a feeling that he might be interested in something more, but the time they spent together that day in La Push was too short to know exactly how much he liked her.

I guess he had no reason to. To him at was just scary stories that they told the kids in the area. He had not yet experienced anything that would make him believe the stories. Whereas Bella already had her suspicions about the Cullens being something out of the ordinary, and therefore she was more open to the explanation Jacob came up with.

Did not expect it all. Didn't think about werewolfs at all while reading Twilight for the first time.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

I figured he was really going somewhere else..or he was hunting or some other vampire thing..
She was annoying me, I know people like that, I just wanted to smack her for being so rude to Bella when she didn't even do anything.
I got the sense more that he was just some kid, I did get that he liked Bella, but more as just a crush on an older girl, not something serious. He seems a lot younger, and I kind of liked him, except he annoyed me and the book got boring when Edward wasn't there.
He hadn't actually met the Cullens or known that there was something very different about them, he just thought it was a bunch of superstitious nonsense, like we all would.
Not really, I didn't think about it, it never occurred to me that Stephenie might bring more species in.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

I wondered what else he could be doing up there, or if maybe he lied about where he was going.

Ugh, sadly, there is always ONE GIRL who doesn't like the new girl, especially when the new girl gets as much attention as Bella did. Can you say... jealous!

I def got the sense he was interested in Bella as more than a friend! Every other guy in the book was, why not Jake? He seemed like a nice enough kid. I liked him pretty well.

Jacob didn't have the same suspicions as Bella... and he had heard the stories many times in his life so they just seem familiar, and like fairy tales.

Oh yes! ;)

Image Image Image
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

I had no idea what to think when he said that. The initial thought in my head is oh god, he’s lying to her and he really went somewhere else.

You know what, at least she’s not faking trying to be Bella’s friend. At least she’s honest with that fact.

Jake. Haha. I liked Jake as long as he was supposed to be just a friend. I didn’t think it was cool to put him in there as a love interest for Bella. Yes I got the impression that he liked her as more than a friend, but I am so glad she used him.

Because everyone on the reservation doesn’t believe it. All of his friends joke about it. Why should he believe something he thinks is crazy?

Nah. I was thinking that they mention the wolves. Big deal. It wasn’t going to come back to haunt us.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
molsonsnobunny
Settled in Forks

Post by molsonsnobunny »

i figured that thats where they eat persay

i disliked lauren, every highschools got a lauren, every girl knows a lauren...

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella more then a friend?
i liked him, i kept wishing theyd add more of him in the book.

he just viewed them as stories, nothing more... i'm sure hes heard alot of stories like that, and living in the time we live in now most people dont believe what they dont see.

No. my husband did though after me forcing him to see the movie.
i just figured from being part native, there are ALOT of crazy stories like that past down from generations... and she was just incorpating the native culture in there, which i enjoyed
Kaitlyn8
Settled in Forks

Post by Kaitlyn8 »

Ya i think i thought they were hunting illegaly or something or just very adventurous since they go "camping" so much

she just pissed me off. it wasnt like she knew bella so she really had no right to be so mean.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend? Ya i liked him, he seemed kind of young and like wow i cant explain it like a hormone infestested teenager. Ya i did think he was interested in bella. it was kinda obvious especially if her bad flirting worked

He tried to make then as spooky as possible and he wouldnt have tried to do that if he thought they were real he would have been more serious about them

No i didnt really give much thought to the werewolves they were more like really small details in a story with way more important stuff