A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Chapter 6 - Scary Stories

Post by Sydflower »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
I have no idea lol. I cant remember!

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?
Pssh.. drama is so annoying. I hate it all.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
As I have said countless times before, I have not liked Jacob from the second he ever talked to Bella.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?
Because he is a young kid thinking of superstitions.. who would believe a story about vampires and werewolves without Bellas evidence??

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?
I didnt think much of it at the time. I was more concerned with Edward
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?

I knew Edward was a vampire before starting the book...so I figured it had something to do with feeding.

I definitely didn't like Lauren, probably because I was 100% on Bella's side! :) I had a feeling Lauren's dislike was somehow related to jealousy.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?

I really liked Jacob from his first appearance in the series. I thought he seemed pretty genuine and friendly. I didn't think he was more intersted in Bella than any of the other guys in town seemed to be...everyone seemed to be attracted to her, between Eric and Mike and Tyler...I wasn't surprised Jacob was attracted to her. I thought he was much more subtle than Mike though...Bella flirted with him to get the story so he probably believed he had every right to be attracted

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?

I think Jacob was young and carefree. I don't think he put much stock in the old stories. I think Jacob was sort of a realist before all the events took place in New Moon to change his mind. I don't think he believed in mystical beings and Bella was ready to accept the idea so she readily listened to the stories, hoping they'd give her the answers to what Edward was.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" were true, did you fully expect to see werewolves in the future books?

I have to admit I was so taken in by the idea of vampires and their existence that I didn't think about werewolves at all. When I saw the movie though, I thought Taylor Lautner really looked like he could be someone who could turn into a werewolf...that was what made me think about it before I read New Moon.

I have a special love for this chapter because it was the chapter where they met and the chapter that started me into this wonderful world. I think the first chapter was amazing, well written, and so exciting!!

Thank you Naureen!!
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for
camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?

I figured he was feeding. I didn't know on what though.

I didn't like her. Her dislike def. seemed to come from nowhere

Jacob seemed nice. I never expected him to get that big of a role in the series

He never met the Cullens and thought the stories were "old wives tales" or "old La Push tales"

I didn't think about it, but if I had I would have probably thought that.
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
saturnsugar16
Settled in Forks

Post by saturnsugar16 »

I thought maybe Edward was near Goat Rock and I just believed he would be camping with his family.

I thought her dislike was a little ridiculous. Lauren barely knew Bella, and if she was upset just because of Tyler then she should have come out and said something. I really don't like people like that.

Jacob seemed like a friendly guy and I liked him. I did think he wasinterested in Bella as more than a friend. He was all too willing to go off on a walk and tell her stories that were supposed to be secret.

He had no reason to believe the legends. He'd never met the vampires so there was no reason for him to believe otherwise.

I didn't honestly think much about it during the rest of the book. I wasn't surprised to find out that the legends were all true though.
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

I thought maybe Bella had her information wrong, that Edward had said they were going to be near there or in the area. Since I thought she had her information wrong I didn't really consider Edward was up to anything besides camping with his family.

I thought Lauren was being really ridiculous. She barely knows Bella, and if she did she would find out that Bella wasn't so bad.

I thought Jacob was cool for coming over and talking to Bella. I liked that he was being friendly to the girl that was sitting by herself. Yes, I definetly got the feeling he was more interested in more than just being Bella's friend.

He grew up with the legends, and since they had never proven true, why believe them?

I didn't really think about warewolves any more after the stories.
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

Not really, just camping

There's always someone that has to dislike you

He seemed obviously interested in Bella, and moreso than a friend. He seemed okay, though her thought of flirting with him while thinking of how Edward did it to her and reversing it simply underlines her like for Edward.

Just stories, myth, as it had come to at this point in time. What may have been true centuries ago is now mere myth and legend. Something many people don't put much stock in nowadays even with all the evidence under their nose unless they see it firsthand.

Yes.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

I kinda knew what he was doing.

There's always one in the bunch like that. It was no surprise.

When she first described him I was thinking that he was this little happy child. But then as the story went on I thought he was kind of cool. I did think that he was going to like Bella more than a friend when I read about the way he was talking to her and telling her the stories.

Bella was ready to believe them because of all the strange things that have happened with Edward. Then when Sam said that the Cullens didn't come to La Push that just made her more curious then Jacob came out with those legends of course she would take it more literally. Jacob didn't believe them because they were just stories to him then. He didn't see all the strange things that went on since until the Cullens came around there were no wolves.

Of Course....
peacelovetwilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by peacelovetwilight »

I didn't guess that Edward was hunting the bears. However I knew Edward was a vampire from the back cover of the book and I didn't think that bears would be very dangerous to vampires so I thought he was just camping out.

I think most schools have people like Lauren in them. I disliked her because I personally cannot stand people like Lauren but I didn't think her dislike of Bella was anything personal. Some people just enjoy putting others down.

I did like Jacob and I could tell right away he had a crush on her. It was very obvious when Bella's attempts at flirting paid off. I thought he seemed sweet and cute.

If your parents believe in something I think you are more likely to rebel against their ideas and beliefs.

My friend from school got into the books before I did and when she reading Eclipse she described the plot to me. So I already knew Jacob was going to become a werewolf in later books.
Like a stalker. An obsessed stalker. An obsessed vampire stalker- Edward Cullen
Edward Cullen used to be my ideal guy. Then Robert Pattinson came along. Now Edward's number two.
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

I actually thought he (Edward) was insain

that b****

I always have and always will love Jake, oh yeah

no i didn't

yeah
**Kathryn**
keds723

Post by keds723 »

No, I don't think he originally said he would be camping much up there, but he did say he was going hiking, which Goat Rock sounded like an alright place to do such a thing. Lots of rocks, ya know. I didn't think it was out of the ordinary, but I was a wee bit concerned about his safety around all of those bears :-/

I was actually really annoyed with her since she only disliked Bella because of the whole Tyler thing, which was totally out of her control. I hate girls like that.

I did like Jacob Black. I hoped they would be good friends. The first time I read it, I thought he liked her more than a friend, but this time through, I saw only friendship at first. she was a familiar face for him.

I don't think Jacob had any reason to believe them since none of his biffles were turning into wolves quite yet, and he probably had never seen one. It was one of those ancient legends, but Bella is already sniffing around this whole thing and she can sense that there is something off with him. This is her first lead!

At first, no. I didn't really know much going into Twilight about the rest of the books.