A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kaitlyn8
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Blood Type

Post by Kaitlyn8 »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?
No not really. unless it is alot of blood, like gushing non stop.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
No i wasnt afriad for Bella at all I thought she was in much better hands and would be well taken care of. Wow the thought that she might be endangered never crossed my mind since she wasnt the one bleeding.
3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
I both agree and disagree. She is more responsible than a junior but her thoughts and dreams are more junior like
4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
i thought he was being so sweet. i couldnt wait to see if he would continue or not. or keep going back and forth like in previous chapters
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

probably not from a finger prick from someone else but myself I do. I get all hot and queazy and feel like I'm gonna pass out. It might be more the pain than anything. I do get queasy if my kids or my husband are bleeding too. I don't know if it's the thought of them being hurt or the blood though. I don't remember ever being able to smell it.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her? No I was never afraid for Bella I new like she did that he would never hurt her. I was more embarassed for her than anything. I think that the boy who was brought into the nurse was in more danger than Bella that's plus how it would have effected Bella is why he told her to leave the room.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment? I actually wondered he if he thought she was something other than human. He asked her her age like he really wasn't sure if she was really a teenager. I agree she is more mature than more 17 year olds I have met. An old soul if you will.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters? I was so excited that he had decided to talk to her. He was a little cocky in a protective way. He's still a little apprehensive in this chapter. I don't think that changed until he rescued her in Port Angeles. He was still fighting himself until then.
cantfightaneclipse
Settled in Forks

Post by cantfightaneclipse »

No, I don't personally relate to Bella. I think if I were around blood that I might feel a little queasy, but it would have to be a fair amount of blood. Plus, Bella doesn't like blood because it smells like rust and salt and I have a horrible sense of smell, so I can't smell blood at all.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?
I think that, as it says in Midnight Sun, "Ah, I could smell the tiny flow of Mike Newton's puncture wound. Once, that might have appealed to me." Edward doesn't care about anyone else's blood except for Bella's and he did want to touch her.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
I agree I think taking care of Renee made Bella a more mature person.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
He is being more free and happier than the rest of the chapters and he is being much less intense and well, Edward. :)
J<3B
The clouds I can handle, but I can't fight with an eclipse." -Jacob Black
[img]http://www.mybannermaker.com]http://i.imgur.com/5tsZM.gif[/img]
Rexin
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Rexin »

Hellz no! I want a bloodbath kthanks, for you see, blood is my favorite color! I always thought she was a wimp when it came to that stuff -_- but then again I'm just morbid.

Hmm, afraid FOR HER isn't the right way to put it. I did sense danger...and liked it. I remember saying something like "Ooh, what do you think now Bella? Hope your enjoying this, keep your wits about you just in case something happens. Wouldn't want you dying on us yet!". Dunno, its hard to explain really.

No actually I didn't get what he meant. Sure she is rather quiet, but still I knew plenty of people her age that were just like her. Edward must have been around some crappy people >_>;

He was definatly more relaxed. Maybe even light hearted? Anyway I had fun with him during this chapter XD
My mind has changed
My body's framed,
But God I like it
My heart's aflame
My heart is strained
But God I like it
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Alphie wrote:1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?
sometimes

No

Agree

He is watching out for her more, trying to find out more about her.
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
Lirpa
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lirpa »

Yes, Mine especially! Then my mom, no one else seems to bother me all that much. Although, I never really gave much thought to the reason why? But I will pay closer attention the next time I go to pass out to see if I can "smell" it, like Bella does. ;)

No, I was never afraid of Edward, I was intrigued by him. I wanted to know more about him and what he was thinking. As for the blood, I saw the movie first (this scene was missing from movie :( ) I knew that he was able to control himself. Even if I had not already seen the movie, I figured out that he had to be able to control himself, since he went to High School with humans.

Agree, she seems older, more responsible.

He seems more relaxed than in the previous chapters.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
"Because only a vampire can love you forever."
AmandaHeartsTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by AmandaHeartsTwilight »

It depends on how much blood it is. If it's just a finger prick, I don't really mind. But if it's any more than that, I'll start to feel a little queasy. I don't know why, it's just something I cannot stand!

No, I trusted Edward all along. Even though at times he may not trust himself not to hurt her, I think inside he knows that he would never do anything to hurt her. If he felt that picking her up would put her in danger, he would do it. Since he did pick her up, then he obviously trusted himself enough not to hurt her.

I completely agree. She seems much more mature than every other junior I've met. (Although at times she can be a tad melodramatic.)

He seemed a bit more relaxed, despite the fact that there was blood around. He also seemed a bit amused by Mike's futile attempts to make him go away and take Bella to the nurse himself. :)
Jesssy
Settled in Forks

Post by Jesssy »

um i was just curious was anyone else really sad to see this chapter removed from the movie?
I think it would have been one of my favourites in the book and it was the chapter that showed the first steps in the beggining of their relationship, i guess i also liked it because you really seen the mike- edward disliking each other thing going on!!

anyways thats my opinion :)
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

not unless its a dissection in science! i can handle bloody noses and what not but cutting open a frog or some other poor animal is not happening with me! :|

i was like "what the heck??" if he's a vampire then this is the end for bella! but i was glad when he didnt eat her.... like emmett! :lol:

in some ways yes, in others no. i can see how her personality of being on her own a lot would make her seem older.

i was like "here we go again with the mood swings!" he was giving me whiplash too by this point! :lol:
Betting on Alice.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

No. I have never been squimish around blood. Good thing considering as a teacher, you are bound to encounter some!

No. I knew by this point that he would not hurt her intentionally.

I agree. She is wise beyond her years and more mature than most high school juniors. But then, she's had to be with scatter-brained Renee as a mother.
It was in this chapter that Edward totally swept me off my feet. The way he cares for Bella after her fainting spell is any girl's dream. I think he finally throws caution to the wind on this chapter and decides to be himself...the early 1900's gentleman!