A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 4 ~ Invitations

Post by Alphie »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior?
Jenny
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 4 ~ Invitations

Post by Jenny »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?

I don't think it was so much that she didn't want to go with any of the boys. I think it was more that she a) doesn't like to dance and b) knew that as the new kid, she'd really be the center of attention.

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior?

Didn't have a clue.
xx mycoldangel xx
Settled in Forks

Post by xx mycoldangel xx »

She doesn't want to go at all because she cant dance, but also, she met Edward and everyone pales in comparison to his beauty.

I just thought he loved her, cause people do crazy things when their in love.
spagirlval
Settled in Forks

Post by spagirlval »

I just think she doesn't like to dance, and doesn't want to embarrass herself. She didn't seem to be that into the guys in AZ either, since none of them ever really were into her. It seems like it was all totally new to her.

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior? I just thought he was "weird"
[
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

I just figured, 'hey, some people just don't like school dances' and left it at that for her reasoning for not going to the dance. And regarding the boys, maybe she likes a slight challenge. Nothing Else in her life had really come easily: she'd never been the popular girl, her mom was kind of a flake, and her dad was far away. Maybe part of the draw of Edward, aside from his amazing looks, was that.

I thought it was him having issues with whether he wanted to *really* be around her or not. He was only ever mean when she asked personal questions, so I thought he might have some weird issues about privacy, too.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
gordonfan08
Wandering Through Town

Post by gordonfan08 »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her? I think Bella didn't want to go to the spring dance for various reasons. One, I think she was totally freaked out by the invites she got. She was not used to all of the attention and didn't know how to deal with it really. Second, I think Bella has a low self-esteem and was afraid that she would embarrass herself if she went to the dance. Thirdly, Bella didn't want to go to the dance with any of the boys who asked her and she was fearful that saying yes would lead them on and draw even more unwanted attention from them, especially Mike. None of the boys appealed to Bella, because her heart belonged to Edward, although she may not have known it, from the moment she saw him for the first time.

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior? By this point, I started to get the feeling that Edward liked Bella, but didn't know how to deal with that knowledge.
TwiguyEC
Settled in Forks

Post by TwiguyEC »

I don't think she is used to the attention, as she said she never had a boyfriend in Phoenix, and she thinks that they just see her as a novelty, a new toy rather than someone special. On top of that she has to be diplomatic with her new "friends" and their romantic interests.

Well I assumed that he had time to think about whatever caused him to react badly to Bella and I think he meant to go back and make amends, nothing more. As we all know that didn't work out and then he has difficulty with what is right morally, and what he wants:D

Thats what I think
-TwiguyEC
The smell of her blood saturated every particle of air in the tiny, hot room. My throat burst into flames.
-Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. She said she just doesn't want to go because she is so clumsy. I think she really just wants to go with Edward.

2. I just thought he had some problem or something. Or, he was nervous around Bella, for numerous reasons.
FrostyJasper
Wandering Through Town

Post by FrostyJasper »

Because she was already falling for Edward and she really wanted to go with him.

Well, I figured he was acting odd because he liked her.
ImageImage
beautifulworld
Settled in Forks

Post by beautifulworld »

1. Well, by this point I knew that she was clumsy, and I honestly think that she didn't want to make a fool of herself in front of her new friends. However, it is clear that none of the other boys really appealed to her, and I think that even by this point I knew that Edward was the one she wanted. She seems to be magnetically drawn to him, and no other boys at the school do that for her, or have that same effect on her.

2. I knew that he was hiding something. I didn't know what it was, but I knew that there was something about him that he wasn't being open about. But, I also knew that he liked her, and I knew that he was struggling with whether he should keep his distance or not. But, I don't think that he wanted to keep his distance from her.