A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Stephanie
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 4 ~ Invitations

Post by Stephanie »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?

I just thought that she didnt like those kind of social things.. and that she was kind of clumsy! The only word I can think of is that she was uncomfortble.

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior?

I thought that part of him wanted to be with her, and the other part was afraid for somereason. I THINK SO AT LEAST. I cant really be sure what I thought at that exakt moment, bec I have read the book so many times.
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aliacullen »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends".
like she said she cant dance.

Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?
i think she wasnt used to that kind of attention so she wassnt really looking

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior?
i agree with bella that he must have multiple personality disorder.
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?Because by the time she really realised and accepted that the boys like her, she was already starting to like Edward. And lets face it, none of the other boys can live up to Edward! ;)

Mood swings lol. Indecision between him being in love with her, and knowing that he could kill her so easily.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?
She doesn't like dancing, and she isn't a very social person, she'd rather just stay home. Bella also doesn't like boys very much..except for...
I figured he was in love with her but wasn't sure if he should be with her..
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Poor girl, she is so clumsy, she doesn't want to dance. Sometimes, even when you tell someone you just want to go "as friends," it doesn't always mean just that. She couldn't say that to Mike, because she knew how Jessica felt about him. None of the boys appeal to her because she has someone else on her mind from day one!

It seemed pretty obvious to me, at the time, that Edward just couldn't make up his mind about Bella. He wanted to be with her, but didn't WANT to want to be with her, if that makes any sense.

Image Image Image
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Seriously? Uncoordinated people should not be doing things that could be hazardous to our health. Besides, she just wants to be by herself in the background. As far as the boys, she’s just not that into them. Edward is the one who caught her attention because of the way he acts. He’s mysterious and she wants to figure him out.

I started laughing when she asked him that because I thought it too. I was like is this boy schizophrenic. He’s seriously crazy.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
molsonsnobunny
Settled in Forks

Post by molsonsnobunny »

i think she didnt want to be the center of attention, and she really wanted to leave thatopen for edward, if he asked her. i think none of the boys appealed to her because after seeing edward, his looks and his mysteria drew her in.

i thought he really liked her but he was trying not too get too close to her, and whenever he felt he was hed go back and act weird,,,
Kaitlyn8
Settled in Forks

Post by Kaitlyn8 »

She explained alot she wasnt that cordinated so i pretty much thought that was all of it but the way she thought about edward i realized she probably wanted him to ask her or at least show intrest. The boys looked to ordinary compared to edward.
I took Edwards word that they shouldnt be friends but not that he didnt want to be. He was drawn to her and if he didnt talk to her he wouldnt know how to act and just come off as a Why are we talking about a donkey?
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her? I really do think that she just did not want to go to the dance. As for the boys not appealing to her, she's not a typical teenager she is an old soul so the typical teenage boys do not appeal to her and she's not that type to settle for whoever shows interest.

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior? I figured out in this chapter that he was torn. He seemed to be jealous when Mike asked her in Biology. He was trying to protect her by staying away but he was drawn to her for some reason.
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Alphie wrote:1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?

She felt insecure, didn't like to dance and it wasn't something she would enjoy going to with someone she barely knew.

His inner turmoil, him trying to read her mind and getting more and more frustrated. Just the total affect Bella has on him
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001