A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Chapter 4 ~ Invitations

Post by Sydflower »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?
Hmm.. Six letter word.. starts with E! On the tip of my tongue.... EDWARD! She was so interested in him, she didn't want anyone else.

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior?
I have no idea lol. I do not remember what I thought of that moment.. It was just funny. And, I already knew that Edward was a vampire :o.
saturnsugar16
Settled in Forks

Post by saturnsugar16 »

1. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her?
I think Bella really just didn't want to go to the dance. She can't dance and doesn't want to put herself through that. Bella is an old soul and the boys she goes to school with are not the type of person she would be interested in as anything but friends. That being said, those boys were interested in her and they would have taken going to a dance together as a date.

2. Bella asks Edward if he has multiple personality disorder because he either seems to be overly friendly or sarcastic moments apart. To what did you attribute Edward's odd behavior?
I had no idea what his problem was.
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

Years of a practical anti-social life in Phoenix, where boys practically avoided her, she's grown accustomed to avoiding dances. I know this myself since I avoided them as well in school. Seems like she doesn't like to be the center of attention, she knows this, and tries to avoid it.

A Jekyll and Hyde complex?
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

She can't dance and doesn't like to be the center of attention, so she probably just didn't want to go. Bella is very mature for her age, and the boys around her are not. I think her mature personality comes with a need for mature boys as well.

I had absolutely no idea what his problem was.
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

Maybe it was because she had to be so grown up that they all seemed immature to her. Not that she didn't like them as friends but as for anything else then she had her issues with that.

He wanted to keep her away from him but he also liked her so he maybe didn't know what to do at times so when he gets frustrated and thinks he should warn her to stay away then he reacts badly. But then he had that addiction and fascination with her so he wanted to talk to her and then he was sweet.
peacelovetwilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by peacelovetwilight »

Bella isn't a typical teenager because she had to grow up so fast so she doesn't really enjoy doing normal teenage activities. It is already apparent that Bella prefers her own company. I don't think any of the boys appealed to her because she is so mature for her age. Therefore she probably wouldn't be attracted to typical teenage boys who joke around and generally act like most teenage boys do.

I just thought he was one of those people whose moods change very quickly. Some people can be very happy one moment and get completely ticked off the next.
Like a stalker. An obsessed stalker. An obsessed vampire stalker- Edward Cullen
Edward Cullen used to be my ideal guy. Then Robert Pattinson came along. Now Edward's number two.
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

She loves Edward...duh

I thought he had a personality disorder....and i didn't care
**Kathryn**
keds723

Post by keds723 »

Obviously because she is a social leper and cannot dance! Why would she go to a dance with anyone when she isn't even interested in the event? She's too focused on Edward Cullen from day one!

An inner struggle obviously. He knew he shouldn't be friends with her, but he wanted to...maybe wanted more than that. He wants something he shouldn't.
<3_my_Edward
Wandering Through Town

Post by <3_my_Edward »

I think that Bella just doesn't like dancing and she is self conscious about it. Plus I think that she really just likes being alone. In regards to the reason that Bella doesn't like any of the boys in Forks I think that she needs some one who is a little more mature. Bella had always taken care of Renee so I don't think that any of the normal boys appealed to her.

I had no idea, I guess I just assumed that he couldn't make up his mind and he was having some sort of internal battle with himself.
"...I knew I was eager to get to school because I would see Edward Cullen. And that was very, very stupid." ~Bella
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

First of all, because she can't dance.. I think that would be a pretty obvious interpretation. And second, because this sort of event isn't Bella's thing. I think that the boys in Forks where probably a bit to immature for her, and knowing how some of them felt about her, it would not have been right to go to the dance with one of them even if it was just as friend, since it would be leading the guy on and Bella didn't want that.
And of course she was hung up on Edward at this point, though I don't think she wanted to go to the dance with him either (since she can't dance), she would want to do something else with him that night and every other night.

That he was struggling with himself. Part of him wanting to spend time with Bella and part of him knowing that he shouldn't since she is human and he is a vampire. So he has a lot of conflicting emotions. And also I thought that he was a very polite and decent person usually, and that these struggles brought out the worst in him at times.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~