A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: twilight chapter by chapter discussion

Post by funkidiva »

Ive only read the saga once but am about to start it again. The film Twilight is annoying me now so I want to re-read the books to discover and remind myself how beautiful a story it actually is.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
AyaDiefair
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AyaDiefair »

I have only read the books once a year ago or so. I own them all I just let my mom borrow them (lives a state away) around the time I was itching to re read them. lol Now I am going crazy not being able to reread them and watching the movies has converted my book memory to movie memory which I find icky. xD
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Book memory is definately better than movie memory - hope you get your books back soon! :)
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
TwilightRocksMyWorld
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightRocksMyWorld »

I love twilight! My favorite chapter is 13 the books are wayyy better then movie

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
danimart1105
Settled in Forks

Post by danimart1105 »

Hello! I'm a newb! I had already read the whole series last year but I'm getting ready to read them again and then post chapter per chapter. It's funny how I got started with the books. The movie Twilight came out and I had heard a bit here and there about it. When it came out on DVD I bought it. My family and I (there is just the three of us: my mother, my daughter and myself) watched it and liked it but did not think too much of it. One of my employees was talking about standing in line to see New Moon. (The movie was getting ready to come out and she had bought her tickets in advance)

I thought she was crazy to do that but then she started talking about the books. I mean --- really talking them up. My mother is usually home alone all day so I purchased the first 3 books in paperback and told my mother about how my employee could not stop talking about them. My mother (77) is an avid reader -- very particular -- but she could not put the books down and could not stop talking about them. I was working over 40 hours a week AND going to school full time but I decided I was going to find the time to at least read the first one. I was hooked after that. I watched the movie again and was hooked on that as well. Still -- the books are always better -- you get more. So, I'm going to read the books again and then post in the threads. Note: I highly recommend re-reading a book. There's always something you missed -- which is why they have book clubs -- and you always get more when you re-read.
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

The books are by far better than the films although the films are mainly good representations I think.

I too had someone telling me about the books and how great they were and she eventually forced Twilight in my hand and demanded I read it - and I am so glad she did :D