A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
christopher
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Open Book

Post by christopher »

Alphie wrote:1. Where did you think Edward had gone off to at the start of the chapter and why did you think he had vanished?
I had just assumed he was sick or something.
Alphie wrote:2. We learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook - Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual?
It sounds like Bella never had a real childhood. Kind of explains why she's so responsible for someone her age. She never had any other choice.
Alphie wrote:3. What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her?
It seemed like whatever had been bothering him the other day was no longer on his mind. He seemed maybe a little too friendly, which made me think he recognized his rudeness and was trying to make up for it.
Alphie wrote:4. What was your first explanation for the change in Edward's eye color?
I've always been under the impression that most people don't even notice someone else's eye color unless they're purposely paying attention to it. Maybe she had just remembered it wrong.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

1. Where did you think Edward had gone off to at the start of the chapter and why did you think he had vanished?

I didn't know why he vanished nor where he decided to go.

2. We learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook - Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual?

3. What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her?

My reaction was why is he being polite and glad he apologized for his rude behavior.I didn't think he was putting on a show. I was trying to figure out why he was going back and forth with her on being friends though.

4. What was your first explanation for the change in Edward's eye color? I didn't have one.
Banner by TammyAZ
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

1. Where did you think Edward had gone off to at the start of the chapter and why did you think he had vanished?
I didn't know where he might have gone, I thought e was just staying away. I figured it was a further reaction to Bella like his Biology class behaviour.

2. We learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook - Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual?
It speaks volumes about her maturity and the caretaker role she takes in her relationships. She takes the time to email Renee to calm her down and dives straight into the shopping-cooking for Charlie; she instantly puts others first. She acts like the parent to her parents.

3. What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her?
His mood swings were already giving me whiplash. :lol: His apologies and effort made me willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I thought he was making a great and conscious effort to be nice and also to learn about her, which surprised me. It didn't change my thoughts of his initial reaction; I figured he'd found a way to deal with whatever had got to him before.

4. What was your first explanation for the change in Edward's eye color?
I guessed it was something to do with feeding or blood.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]