A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Open Book

Post by darkrider »

1. Where did you think Edward had gone off to at the start of the chapter and why did you think he had vanished?
I thought that he had transferred to a different school or something. lol

2. We learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook - Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual?
It tells us that she is very independant and put's other's feelings/needs before her own.

3. What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her?
It didn't change my thought about him at all, I still loved his character. When he was being super nice I just figured that he grew a better resistance or something.

4. What was your first explanation for the change in Edward's eye color?
I just figured it was because he was a vampire....anything was possible. loll
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
prettyrey
Settled in Forks

Post by prettyrey »

1. Where did you think Edward had gone off to at the start of the chapter and why did you think he had vanished?

I assumed that he left to clear his head. I didnt understand wht he left.

2. We learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook - Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual?
That she is a caregiver and puts herself 2nd to everyone.

3. What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her?
I wasnt to sure. I thought that he was up to something at first but then I just assumed that he realized he was a jerk to her and wanted to make sure she didnt think negative of him.
Thirst.
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

i had no idea, i didn't know anything about edward at the time except that he was a vampire. i think he just had to get away, he seemed tense, which is a total understatement now, lol.

that she is more of an adult really. she parents them because both of them need her in some way or another.

i didn't think he was putting on a show, i thought it was just all very odd. but the back of the book said he was a vampire, so i attributed his changing moods to that.

something vampire-y. haha.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

1. Where did you think Edward had gone off to at the start of the chapter and why did you think he had vanished? I thought he was actually sick or something

2. We learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook - Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual? She has been forced to grow up fast and also put others before herself.

3. What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her? I thought that he had some problem in the mind or something.

4. What was your first explanation for the change in Edward's eye color?Bella must have sight problems :lol:
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
sinamongurl
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: My body is in Pennsylvania, but my heart is in Forks!!

Post by sinamongurl »

didnt know,but i was sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to find out

bella is a lonely individual and tired...she just needs a break
even though she doesnt say it...she is her mothers parent
i think she actually does get that much-needed break once she falls into the routine with her dad

i was like "its about time"
it obviously had nothing to do with her, that eased my mind from my initial thoughts

i figured it had something to do with thirst
Team Robert--He is Edward incarnate!!
Nostalgicmiss
Settled in Forks

Post by Nostalgicmiss »

I wasn't entirely sure, but I thought it must be something to do with the altercation he had with Bella the previous day. I mean the guy ran from her, you can't get much more obvious than that. No wonder the poor girl cried as she drove home, I think I would have done the same thing!

She's a strong independent girl who really knows what the worlds about. It's no wonder she's old for her age, mature for her years. I'm sue being the adult with her mother forced her to mature earlier than she would have. I

I honestly thought he was bipolar LOL Just kidding, I thought he felt remorse about what happened which is completely natural. Wouldn't anyone feel bad about treating someone with such discord?

Really, I didn't have any idea . . . he was a vampire, I knew the tenor of the books so it was what was screaming at me. Unfortunately, the tag line on the back of the book gave that away, still though I adored the mystery of it all and the development of them as people, learning to know one another.
Scandal is gossip made tedious by morality.
- Oscar Wilde
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

I thought it was because he just took an instant dislike to her. Poor thing she was so upset...

It shows that she was raised from an early age to be completely independent. I can relate to her here. I was raised the same (almost).

I thought he was just trying to be nice at first because of the way he acted in the beginning. I thought he really meant it, but not in the way that it turned out.

lol... I thought he had gotten contacts. (I never read the back of the book, and no one ever told me what the book was about!)
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
ILoveJacobBlack
Settled in Forks

Post by ILoveJacobBlack »

I figured he went hunting.
She is very dependent, and unselfish.
I thought he had came to his senses. I thought he liked her.
Contacts. Lol. I didn't know anything else.

ILoveEdwardAndJacobSoDon'tMakeMeChooseBetweenThem!
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I figured he was just holed up in his house hiding. I assumed it had something to do with how much he seemed to hate Bella.

It tells us how responsible she is, and how she has always cared for rather than been cared for.

I figured he had just gotten over whatever bad mood he was in when he last saw her. It didn't really change anything for me, because I knew he was a vampire...I did read the back and hear summaries from friends.

Actually, I'm ashamed to admit I didn't really notice it untill Bella said/thought about it, after which I figured it was something vampire-y.
I miss a lot the first time I read something. I get too eager to know what happens next that I miss what happens then.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

Mmm, I didn't know where to think, I actually thought he was just hiding out at his house. Well he obviously vanished because of bella, i just didn't know why.

She is quite selfless, despite everything.

I was shocked. I was like how many mood swings does this guy have in a day. Yes I sort of did. I ddn't know what to think i was still surprised.

The mood thing, i have always said that the eyes are the windows to our souls. He's sense is just more literal.