CHapter 3 ~ Phenomenon

A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Re: CHapter 3 ~ Phenomenon

Post by Jazzy »

1. Bella is surprised and touched that Charlie put snow chains on her truck because she isn't used to people taking care of her. Later on we know that Renee called Bella hysterical to have her come home yet Renee wasn't in Phoenix. Given all of this what were your impressions of Renee?

I was a bit annoyed by Renee. I could tell right away I would grow to love Charlie more in the series.

2. The accident is the first great action scene in the book. Did you get all the details right in your head the first time, or did you realize you missed finer points when Bella thinks about the accident later?

I did not get all the details, I was trying to imagine it in my head but having a hard time, with everything happening at once. I was more attentive to what Edward was doing by what was happening with the vehicles.

3. What did you think about Charlie's response to the accident?

It showed how much he really loved Bella. I felt bad for Charlie's character at first, by how his wife leaves him, taking the baby, etc. So this endeared him more to me.

4. This is the first time we meet Carlisle. What were your first impressions?

I was thinking WOW! He must make all the nurses stutter, shake and drop things hehehe :lol:

5. Did Edward's cool and even sarcastic comments regarding the accident intrigue you or frighten you?

It intrigued me. I knew he was being the way the was to cover up and protect his family.
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

1. Bella is surprised and touched that Charlie put snow chains on her truck because she isn't used to people taking care of her. Later on we know that Renee called Bella hysterical to have her come home yet Renee wasn't in Phoenix. Given all of this what were your impressions of Renee?
Basically that she did love Bella, but Bella had the more parental role.

2. The accident is the first great action scene in the book. Did you get all the details right in your head the first time, or did you realize you missed finer points when Bella thinks about the accident later?
I don't remember, but I'm sure I missed some things.

It seemed like a normal response.

I liked him.

5. Did Edward's cool and even sarcastic comments regarding the accident intrigue you or frighten you?
I thought they were funny.
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
Hawaii214
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hawaii214 »

I didnt really know what to think of Renee just that she seemed a little selfish. :|

That part was really confusing, i pictured it like the movie but she sorta explained it differently. I sorta got upset and just said whatever and pictured it the way the movie made it. :x

I thought it was what a normal father would of said. Without going balistic. :)

I thought he was nice and charming. 8-)

It sorta made me sad/mad cuz its one of his weird mood swings again. :?
"Death, that hath Sucked the Honey from thy Breath, hath had no Power yet upon thy Beauty"-Edward Cullen
"Enjoying the Bouquet, while Resisting the Wine"-Edward Cullen
scarlet_forever
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by scarlet_forever »

Renee is scatterbrained. She is used to Bella taking care of her.

Yes, I think I read this part so slow..I wanted to get everything just right.

It showed he really cared about Bella. In a way it's like his only family and the only one that really cares. She has taken up cooking and everything since she came here. Also, their personalities are alot alike. If something like that *could* happen to Edward she would have freaked out as well.

That he is very smart, loyal, and stronge.He can still work in an environment w/ constant blood and still refrain. He also seems very caring.

5. Did Edward's cool and even sarcastic comments regarding the accident intrigue you or frighten you?]
They intrigued me. Here he is saving her and he comes off like he didn't want to or regrets it, but its completely the opposite.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
saturnsugar16
Settled in Forks

Post by saturnsugar16 »

I think Renee is busy living the life she didn't get to live in the early stage of her marriage to Charlie. While Renee loves Bella, she wants to be with her husband and is interested in experienceing life.

As I read through it I'd have to go back and review what I read to make sure I had it right, so I think I got everything.

Charlie's response seemed only natural. He was worried about his daughter and wanted her to be safe and healthy. Although Bella was upset, calling Renee was the right thing to do. Bella may not live with Renee but she is still Renee's daughter and she would want to know.
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

That she really does not like Charlie and is a, either very forgetful of where she is; or b, believes Bella would be better off by herself away from Forks, and Charlie.

I think I got it all.

Very natural.

That what Charlie said in regard of him earlier in the book appear to be true. Though doctors tend to work very long hours and naturally seem exhausted. Always trying to be upbeat, nothing really out of the ordinary.

Intrigue. Makes me wonder what is really going on and is probably where I got hooked on the story.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
sazykid

Post by sazykid »

She seems a little scatterbrained. She loves Bella, but I think she takes Bella for granted.

I read it pretty slowly so I think I got everything on the first read.

I thought his reaction was pretty natural. Anyone's father would have been upset if their child was in an accident. I also thought he was doing a good thing by calling Renee, she would have wanted to know.

Carlisle seemed like a nice enough guy, and seemed like he really cared about his patients.

I was definetly intrigued because once again I didn't know what his problem was.
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

I thought that Renee loved Bella. You could tell that because she was concerned. Renee wasn't a huge part of the story so I didn't think to much about her.

Well since he falls in love with er and I already knew that, I knew why Edward saved her. But the whole scene is basically described as it was happening.

I think he acted like a father should. Making sure to ask if she was okay and then checking with the EMT. Since he wasn't involved with talking to the Doctor in the book, there wasn't much to judge him on there. I did wonder why he took Bella's word that she could go home when he wouldn't take it when he asked if she was Okay when they put her in the ambulance.

All Bella said what that his hands were cool. And he seemed like he was a good Doctor. Not much to judge from in the book then really. At least to me. I could have missed something though.

Annoyed me actually. I wanted him to give Bella some answers lol.
peacelovetwilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by peacelovetwilight »

I remember thinking that Renee wasn't really a great mum. She seemed like one of those mothers who put themselves ahead of their kids. I didn't think she was a bad person just a little too scatterbrained and irresponsible so it ends up affecting their kids and their kid's childhood.

I think I got the details right the first time.

I thought he reacted like most parents would.

That he was very cool headed and professional. I liked him straight away and I was impressed that he stayed level headed when Bella mentioned Edward's rescue.

They intrigued me and amused me. His sarcasm made me start to like his character.
Like a stalker. An obsessed stalker. An obsessed vampire stalker- Edward Cullen
Edward Cullen used to be my ideal guy. Then Robert Pattinson came along. Now Edward's number two.
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

That she's a good mom, but also need someone to take care of her

I got it, I was at this point reading Twilight like it was a school book I had to know every thing for a test

He's a good dad

Mmm like father like son.... :oops: *blush*

Intrigue
**Kathryn**