A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Epilogue ~ An Occasion

Post by Alphie »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?
SSVO
Settled in Forks

Re: Epilogue ~ An Occasion

Post by SSVO »

1. Yeah i kinda figured that or a fancy date *sigh*

2. yeah i was waiting around for new moon so i went on her site and read all about it!! nope i think it was a good lenght kinda wish there was more!

3. I still kinda thought of him as a kid with a crush type of thing

4. Yeah i thought so im sad to say! i was so worried because i knew there was a sequel and i was hoping that it was as awesome cos so many sequels arent >.<
SSVO *SQUEEEEEEEEEE*
AshleeTwilight8
Wandering Through Town

Post by AshleeTwilight8 »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?
--Prom didn't even cross my mind at all. I also figured it was a fancy date to celebrate her getting better.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?
--I will have to look for the extended version.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car
-- I didn't like him showing up there. It was rude to Edward after he went to these lengths to arrange the evening. But thats just my opinion! I also felt awkward while I was reading it. Haha :)

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?
--I knew he wouldn't bite her, that would have been waaay to easy.
"Why am I covered in feathers?"- Bella Swan
"I bit a pillow or two"-Edward Cullen
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

As soon as they were getting into the car it clicked- i think i was about 10 steps ahead of Bella, haha and the Tyler phone call made me die of laughter considering it took all of like 10 minutes for Bella to get a clue haha

I actually enjoyed the shorter version alot better; straight to the point cause in the longer version after a while i was like "okay....get on with it" lol. Not only that but i enjoyed Bella's outrage alot more when she was alone with Edward in the car already on their way to prom. She could do nothing once in a vehicle going over 100 mph

I liked it alot. I think it really set up that whole approaching aspect in New Moon, that way you weren't like "wait who is Jacob again?" Not only that but i really liked the mental image of Jacob and Bella having their "moment" though it meant nothing to them at the time...

I was so curious at the end! I read it like 50 times thinking "dangit! did he bite her!?" As soon as i got New moon i opened that sucker so fast to see if he really bit her..and of course as my gut was telling me...he didn't. Though i completely ignored my gut that whole time haha. I really really liked that ending, it was sweet and yet it left you wanting more. Needless to say that was really the best book i've ever read *and i hate reading*. It was a great experience, the first time i closed a book and thought "gosh what happens!?"
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
nads
Settled in Forks

Post by nads »

-- i thought it was a special date.

-- the Aston martin. it would be more description that Edward taking her to a special occasion, and more explanation that Edward like to collect cars. but i enjoyed enough the shorter version

-- a bit annoyed, ruining edward-bella moment.. but he was just a kid, and after all it didn't really matter.

-- i didn't think edward would bite her. i just thought he was kinda kissing her. until my friend asking that line, i just knew other may assume he bite her. I thought the ending was enough. it didn't really make me hunger for more. but when i firstly read it, i knew from my friend that there was a sequel. i'm type of person who followed a series. so i kept on reading the sequels.
gordonfan08
Wandering Through Town

Post by gordonfan08 »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind? I didn't figure it out right away.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car. I think he is still very young and naive.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it? I did not think he bit Bella, but I was chomping at the bit to read the next book.
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

I actually had an inking when Edward mentioned that his brothers and sisters would be there.

I LOVED THE EXTENDED VERSION. I thought it gave the girls more detailed characterization, particularly Rose, who just seems a bit like a very pretty brat in the first book.

I felt bad for him. I thought his dad was a nutjob for sending him to prom, particularly since she'd likely be there WITH Edward.

I didn't think so. I assumed that, given Edward's character, if he was going to acquiesce and change her into a vampire, he'd have done it somewhere private. I was definitely planning to read the sequel.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. I just thought they were going out for dinner, or that Bella was going out for dinner, and Edward was just the to observe her eat.

2. I liked the extended version better. Well, it is extended, so that means it is longer and more detailed.

3. I thought it was weird, and that having him there wasn't necessary.

4. I got it when there was already two sequals, so I knew that she wasn't bitten, and it wasn't over.
twilittazz
Settled in Forks

Post by twilittazz »

1. I thought that they were going to prom, but that's just because my silly friend accidentally told me.
2. I love the extended prom edition. I read it all the time because I have prom next year and I want it to be that special. I know that the more adult readers and guy readers wouldn't have liked it as much, but I love the dinner with Charlie testing everything, because Edward's cooking ability comes in later in some of the books. And the Aston Martin part was so funny!
3. I didn't know what to think, but I thought the series was over. Then, whaddya know, a sequel!! :D
Heaven forbid I not be protected from tanks.Image
Jazz<3Jasper
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Jazz<3Jasper »

I actually had no idea where Edward was taking here... when I read this part of the book it was around 2 a.m. and I was in Kentucky so I was exhausted, way to tired to think ahead.

*sob* My computer won't let me save the extended version so I cannot comment on this part of the discussion.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.
I was kinda happy when Jacob showed up at prom because he is one of my favorite characters and even though Bella didn't want to go to prom it seemed to me like Jacob cheered her up just a lil' bit.

When I started reading the book, New Moon and Eclipse were already out, and people were already freaking out about Breaking Dawn so I knew she couldn't have been bitten. I did get to finish all three books before Breaking Dawn came out though. Yay!
"No problem. You want me to be all doom and gloom, or just shut up?"
"Just shut up."
"Can do."
"Really? Doesn't seem like it."
-Jake and Seth
<333333333
Team Jasper, he can snap at me anyday.