A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Epilogue ~ An Occasion

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?

I kinda knew it was some sort of dance 8-)

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?

Hmm I did like the shorter version better but I liked the getting dressed with Alice part, that was pretty cool.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car

I was so embarrased for him, I still liked Jacob at this point, I felt sorry that he had to do "the dirty work" as it were.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?

Nope I knew he just kissed her, and I knew I wanted to read the sequel as soon as I was done reading hence I went out and got the rest of the books the next day :lol:
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Elisabeth33 »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?

I didn't know what was going on, but I didn't think it was that he was going to change her. I thought a dance or maybe a nice supper in Seattle.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?

I liked the longer version. I think the whole extended version should have been left in.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.

I was fine with Jake being there, but a little pissed at Billy for having the nerve to send Jake there in the first place and use the Rabbit to make Jake go.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?

No, I knew he was just kissing her, like he'd done in the novel so many times. I liked the ending. I read the books in July of 2008 and yes, I knew all about New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn.
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

Well I had a vague idea because of how she was dressed. But when charlie said that Tyler was there I was sure he was taking her to the prom.

I love details so i would have loved the entire extended version especially the part where Edward and Bella are having dinner at Charlie's, dinner that Edward cooked for Bella (Hummmm I love a man that can cook and specially a man that cooks only for me). The whole thing was funny and sweet.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car
I didn't quite like him but I didn't consider him a threat, I knew he didn't compare in the least to wonderfull Edward*Swoon* no cantest.

No I knew he hadn't and was disapointed, although I knew there wouldn't be other books if that was the case. But the whole scene at the end was sweet and so romantic I was melting.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind? I thought it would be something special like prom, but not prom exactly. I was expecting maybe a fancy dinner or something like that.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why? I think the shorter one is better, because it focuses more on Bella and Edward and what will happen, although I wish they would have kept the picture part in, that was cute.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car. I didn't mind him in Twilight, so I was more annoyed at his dad. I understood him.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it? Before I finished I read the last few words as I was checking how many pages it was and did think he attacked her, so I thought that Edward was the hunter in the preface. But reading it the first time in order I knew he just kissed her. I read it before NM was out, and I felt like I could have lived with it ending there, but I was soooo sad to see it end. I didn't know a sequel would be coming out a few months later.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

At first I thought they were going somewhere else, but then I got the idea of prom. Ha.

I love love loved the prom remix. I thought it was so cute that he made her dinner and set the whole thing up. I think that whole thing should have been left in the book. It was one of the cutest things everrr.

I didn't want him to steal Bella away. But at the same time, I knew he was looking out for her via his fathers instuctions.

I knew that he didn't bite her and I loved the ending although I did want to read more. I knew there was a sequel, and I was planning on reading it, duh!! It's too amazing of a story to just stop there.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I suspected it but was still a bit surprised Edward would do that to her since she truly believed it was one of the most horrible things ever. In the end it turned out to be OK though. Which was brilliant.

I haven't read it. I didn't know it existed. *goes to Stephenie's site and tries to find it*

I thought he was funny. The whole 'My dad paid me to come and say this to you.' made me smile. Don't know why.

Ugh. I can't remember the last line and I don't have my book here. I don't think I thought he had bitten her though. I don't seem to remember thinking that.
I did know there'd be a sequel. I wasn't sure I'd read it. I wasn't in love with Twilight right away. I learned to appreciate it after a while.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-no, i was just as oblivious as bella hahah. i thought they were going out to dinnner or something.

-no, i really like the extended verison better, i think it was definetly a little more interesting. the parts where rosalie helps alice get bella all dressed up couldve been left in the original book, it shows a softer side to rosalie.

-i didnt see anything wrong with him coming to the prom. at the time, he was just there because he needed car parts, so he was doing anything wrong or offensive.

-i was suprised when people were confused if he bite her, i mean, wouldnt that have been waaaaay to easy? i read twilight when i knew there was a sequel, i was definetly planning to read it !
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

I was just as clueless as Bella, though I had enough sense not to think she was going to become a vampire that night.

I liked them both, though the one that didn't make it had some very interesting things mentioned. (my favorite was Edward cooking :D )

I was a little concerned for Jake's safety actually. I that Edward was going to drag him out of there by his hair. But I was mostly annoyed with Billy. I know he always means well, but he honestly needs to trust Bella a little more.

I wasn't confused at all. I never even thought about him biting her until someone else said something about it. And then i went back and read it again and got confused cause I still didn't think he bit her. And I read it right before Eclipse came out, so of course I was desperate to get my ahnds on New Moon. Good thing my friend was a huge fan and let my borrow her copy before I was able to get my own copies of all three.
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

After awhile, I figured it out, but at first, I thought they were just going on a date or something.

Hmm... I like both, but the prom remix has to be my favorite. I mean, Edward cooking for Bella? I would have to see that.

I felt bad for him. I mean, he had to go to her prom for crying out loud. But I thought it was weird how he was dancing with her. I knew he had something going on though. ;)

... okay, for a couple of minutes I thought he might of. But then I thought about it and I was like... now way. I remembered New Moon was right next to me so I threw it to the side and started reading.
~Bee Marie
alice_is_my_homegirl

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind? I had no idea what they were doing.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why? I like the extened version better because it show's us more of Alice's personality. I think that the shopping part should have been left in because it shows us what Alice is really like.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car. I thought that it was wierd and it gave me a bad impression of him.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it? I was not one of those people because as we all saw, he doesn't want her to have that life.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!