A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Epilogue ~ An Occasion

Post by aliacullen »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?
i had a feeling but i htought i was wrong becuase edward knows that she hates that kind of stuff so why would he do that to her

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?
i think bella getting ready should be kept out but the way that edward react to her was so beautiful and the interaction with her dad was awsome and the meal so too good to be true

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car
i feel abit sorry for him since he has a crush on bella but he gets his part and see bella as a bonus

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?
As soon as they described Bella’s curls and mentioned the silk and chiffon. I started laughing that it took her so long to figure it out. I thought it was hysterical!

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?
The fact that even Jasper helped out with Bella’s hair! I think that in and of itself was hysterical. I don’t think anything else was that important and I don’t think the longer remix was vital. I don’t like that Edward learned how to cook there. I think it takes away everything from her. But as long as she’s cooking, she still has that one skill where she can say Ha! I can do something better than you.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car
I had no problem with Jake at prom. I felt bad that he had to go there and do what he did. I understood where he was coming from though. I think Bella knew too.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?
I was not one of those people. I had all four books when I first read Twilight so I knew there was more. I was already going to read it. I didn’t think it would be a good series if she had turned Bella right then and there.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I figured they were going to the prom. It was very typical of Edward not wanting Bella to miss out on human experiences.

I loved the prom remix. I would have wanted that in the book. Obviously the part with Rosalie helping out would have to be cut, since SM changed Rosalies's character actually turned out to be very different. The parts I really liked was Jasper being ordered to blowdry Bella's hair. And the part when Bella comes down the stairs, and they are both in awe over how beautiful the other one is. Of course, Edward cooking...That was just amazing.

I thought that Jacob was a sweet guy at this point. He obviously had a crush on Bella, but it all seemed so innocent. I actually felt bad for him at this point. He was so embarrassed, and he only did it because he needed the money to fix his car.

All four books were out when I read Twilight, and I was planning to read them all. But even if the books hadn't been out, I wouldn't have thought that he bit her at that point. Mostly because he was so against it. He would need a lot more time to accept something like that. And because they were out in public...Not the place Edward would choose to bite her.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in

Well, prom or a fancy date. It didn't even occur to me that he might be trying to change her until Bella said it.

I can see why it was taken out, but I'm totally a girly girl so... I love reading the whole thing, including the getting ready part!!

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.

Aw, I loved the Jacob part! It really started to set the scene for the contrast between Jake & Edward. At this point he was still sweet, cheerful Jacob. He's still such a great kid!

I did know there were sequels and of course I was planning on reading it. I guess I can see how it would be confusing, based on the wording. BUT... we know Edward didn't want Bella to change yet! I loved the sweet ending.

Image Image Image
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

Still don't remember, but pretty sure I figured it out and was laughing at Bella. It was something Edward would do.
I like the version in the book, we get the point that Alice likes dressing her up and it's a little game to her, but it was too long before. I kind of skimmed the version on Stephenie's site, actually. And Rosalie was..weird..
I just thought he was some unimportant kid that was there, but not a main character. I never thought he'd be very important, just needed to show that to most people, Bella shouldn't be with Edward.
I never thought he'd be important at all.
Boy, was I WRONG!

I read the book a year and a half ago in September, when the first three were out. I was going to read the others..duh. I am proud to say I didn't think he changed her. He just said he wouldn't give in..and 8 lines later you think he gives in? Uh, no...I love the ending. It's so cute. It's like, they disagree and the future is unsure, but for now they're together and it's just perfect and happy. :D yay.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Cullen_Lover
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

Awesomenessness! :D
ImageImageImage
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind? I figured it was prom

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why? I'm very long winded myself so I like the Extended version better. I really think they should have gone to see her dad in the book version.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car. I liked him you can tell he's crushing on Bella but he doesn't have those resentful feelings about Edward yet. I like that it makes him seem so innocent.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it? I did not think he bit her. I was very sad that he didn't change her but I knew from what he said before that he would not been biting her soon possibly even ever. I read Twilight the week before the movie was released. Before I had even finished it I made my husband take me to the book store to buy the rest of the books. They were to expensive so he only let me by New Moon so I started it right away and then I had to wait a week for the last 2 books to come in from Amazon.
Lirpa
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lirpa »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind? Prom right away. I did think that Bella's idea was quite hilarious though :lol:

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why? I skimmed the prom remix, and although I LOVE Alice, I do think that what was in the book worked out well.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car. I felt bad for him. His dad used him to get a message a crossed, and he really seemed to like Bella a lot. So I am sure it was embarrassing for him to do that.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it? I saw the movie first, so I knew that he had not made her a vampire. That was why I started reading the books though, no one would tell me if she became a vampire or not in the later books.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
"Because only a vampire can love you forever."
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i didnt know it right away but i figured it out before bella! :roll:

i havent read it but everyone keeps saying that its much better! makes you wonder why she didnt put that version in the book! :lol:

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.
i love jacob! dont get me wrong! but he kinda irrataed me there. i mean this was bella and edwards moments together. he can have his, but not at the prom!

yes i thought he did. but then i figured that if he had, she would have written it. you cant leave that big of a cliff hanger.....can you?? :?: :roll: :lol:
Betting on Alice.
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

I had no idea they were going to prom. But I didn't think it was something like what Bella thought.

I think it was nice when Bella got out of Alice's room and Edward saw her. It was really cool!

I believed he was such a nice guy, had a crush on Bella but conformed with being his friend.

No, I knew it was just another kiss. And yes I was desperate for more, and I knew there was a sequel. When I finished the book I ran downstairs and told my mom I NEEDED the next book right away.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan