A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Epilogue ~ An Occasion

Post by Kymberli »

Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind? I knew that they were head to prom

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?I liked the remix better. I liked how Bella had no clue to why Alice was getting her ready.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his carI thought that he was doing something that he really didn't want to do. I think that the major reason for going was to see Bella, telling her what his Dad wanted him to say was the hard part.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?I knew that he didn't bite her. I knew that he was kissing her to distract her. He knows the effect that he has on her and he was using it to his advantage
*TwilightIsMyDrug*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

[/b]]1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?[/b]
I knew they were going to the Prom, Duh.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?
I read it last year and I remember liking it, but I don't remember if I thought anything should have changed.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car
I felt sorry for Jacob when he had to go crash the prom. You could tell how embarrassed he was.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?
No, I didn't think he bit her. I thought it was an extremely romantic, sexually-charged scene. It was a bit "dangerous" too. I thought it was a great way to end the book. I read it last year, so I new that there were 3 more books coming and I knew she wasn't a vampire yet. For, me...this is going to be one of the best scenes in the movie. :D
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward
corinnejca
Wandering Through Town

Post by corinnejca »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?

Yes, I figured out right away that they were on their way to the prom, and I don't know how Bella possibly deluded herself. Alice doing a makeover on Bella and Edward was wearing a tux? Plus, Edward was talking earlier in the book about how dancing with him would be easy because it's all in the leading. It was incredibly obvious.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?

I loved the extended version! I think the entire thing should have been in the book. My favorite part was when Jasper had to help blow dry Bella's hair because it was taking so long to dry. They had 4 blow dryers on her hair, haha. And I loved it when Edward cooked her a special dinner. Again, sigh.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.

I didn't really feel too much about Jacob at the prom. I guess I just felt bad for him, especially when Bella asks him if he sees any girls he likes, and he responds that yes he does see someone he likes, but she's taken. Other than that, I didn't really feel too much about Jacob.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?

I definitely was not one of those people. Why would he bite her at the prom? It just never occurred to me at all. I just thought he was smelling her bouquet. I read the book recently; I knew there were four books in the series, and I went straight to Target after finishing the book (literally like 15 minutes after finishing it) to buy New Moon. I was already obsessed.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?
I thought he was taking her somewhere special but I never thought of prom.

I really like Edward's reaction to Bella in her dress. It is so cute. And I love how we see Alice's personlity more.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.
I liked how he didn't want to tell Bella this and he felt bad about it. I didn't like that he came and made Edward brake his promise but it was sweet that he respected their relationship. At the end of this part I thought Billy was a jerk.

I knew she wasn't a vampire because Edward told her it wouldn't be that easy. And yes I got New Moon within 10 minutes of finishing Twilight. I was hungering for more =]
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

I pretty much got that they were going to Prom right away, especially when Charlie called about Tyler.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why? I kind of like the shorter version. It was cute to get to see Bella's point of view as she got dressed up and all, which would have been okay if it was left in the book, but the rest was pretty similar so I think it was good shorter.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car
I kind of felt bad for him, because he seemed like kind of a loner, he doesn't really seem like he is close with the Forks kids, and it sucks that his dad kind of manipulated him into coming to do his business. I also felt bad because I think even now its painfully obvious how much he likes Bella, and I don't care who you are its no fun seeing the person you like with someone else

I didn't think he bit her, I've already stated that I am seem to be pretty dense, so unless Stephenie comes right out and says it, I don't always get it, lol. I liked the ending, although I had some major qualms/worries that something bad was going to happen between Bella and Edward ie he might leave her, and I might die, haha. I bought New Moon about 2/3 of the way through Twilight. I knew I wouldn't want to wait once I finished so I better have the next one available. I think after the first two chapters in New Moon I bought Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, I knew there was no hope for me then. I think I stayed up crazy late to finish Twilight so I crashed when I was done and started New Moon the next day. I was definitely desperate for more!! I didn't really know it then, but I was totally a goner, a major Twihard!
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
YouAreMyLifeNow
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by YouAreMyLifeNow »

I had no idea that Edward was taking her to the prom. I thought they were going out for a fancy dinner or something like that. I was completly clueless. I was like :o <----when i found out where they were going.
2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?I liked the part where Alice and Rosalie were doing Bellas hair, I think it helped show that Rosalie could be nice as well.

I felt bad for him because I think that would have been akward. I didn't think much of it though.
I read it and when I was done I thought he could have bit her but it was very unlikly. I was desperate for more but at the time I didn't know that there were two books after it.( Breaking Dawn hadn't come out yet) I was at the libray one day and i saw a book with a similar cover and i was like, i wonder if thats a sequil? to my surprise there was a sequil( New Moon) and a book after that as well( Eclipse), After I started new moon i was sure she was still human.( sorry for that long explaination for such a simple question)
I know i spell bad
Twi Mafia~Sarina Santoro
Twilight lover: Because sometimes fantasy is better than reality
Twilove

Post by Twilove »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?Prom was not on my mind but i didnt think he was gonna change her either i just thought it was gonna be some private event

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?I loved the Prom Remix and i thought she should have left there day in Port Angelas because Alice is so entertaning when shes torturing Bella with Girly things

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car well i thought it was kinda weird since Jacob annoyed me since she was at First Beach with him the whole time she was talking to him i was like go away little boy

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?OMG i thought he did bite her i turned the page and realized it was over i screamed i didnt know there was a sequel until a few days later but i had to wait to borrow it from someone i was very desprate for more to say the least
KaylaMarieBlack7

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I knew that they were on their way to prom. It was obvious.

I haven't read it. And right now my computer is being stupid and wont let me read in =p.

I thought it was kind of stupid that his father is the one who told him to go. I mean Jacob doesnt know whats going on, so im sure its all strange for him. But I was kind of mad that Billy would do that.

I didnt think that he had already bit her. I knew that there were 2 other books..and I knew something about them because of my friends talking in class. So I knew that he hadnt turned her.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
:)BookWorm(:
Settled in Forks

Post by :)BookWorm(: »

1. Q)Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?
A) No. I didnt know at first. I didnt think that it was what she thought but deffinately not PROM.

2. Q)If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?
A)I have read it and I think its better. It explains more. I sorta thought the shorter one was confusing.

3. Q)How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.
A) I think it was OK for him to be there. I mean to get his car parts. But Billy could have like wrote her a note or sumthing, you know make it kind of private. He didnt have to have Jake tell her like that.

4. Q)The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?
A) YES! I thought he had changed her. When I read it though, I thought it was a very good ending because it leaves you thinking. The whole book leaves you thinking. And, I read it recently and I knew it was a series. My Sceience teacher told me about it and after some careful research I decided to read it. I thought that I would see how the first one was before I planned on readiing the second one.
:)BookWorm(:-in love with Edward, obsessed with Twilight.
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

No, I never thought of prom. Like Bella, I didn't care at all about my prom so my mind just didn't go there. My very first thought was wedding but it just seemed too early for that so I didn't figure it out until Bella did.

I think a mixture of the short and extended versions would be best. From the extended version I would like to see the more detailed description of Bella's dress and the visit to Charlie. I think Charlie would have liked to see Bella all dressed up for prom, and it's cute the way he dismisses his concerns on the maturity of the dress when Bella tells him Alice dressed her. But I wouldn't have included Edward cooking Bella dinner or Charlie driving Edward's car in the final edited version, not because I didn't like those parts but they were the most unnecessary to me.

I felt sorry for him. He seemed so uncomfortable being there for the reasons that Billy sent him. This was the Jacob that I liked best, pre-wolf Jacob.

I did not think he bit her. Just a few paragraphs before that Edward had said that he doesn't give in that easily. And his line about her loving him more than everything else in the world combined being good enough for forever...I took that to mean that her human love was enough for him. He also kisses her neck frequently. So that's why I didn't think he bit her then.
I liked the ending. I'm one of those people who can be satisfied with an open ending that allows for some imagination. I just need the main conflict resolved, which it was. I read the book recently but I didn't know there was a sequel until I got to the end and saw the first chapter for New Moon. As soon as I knew there was another book, I HAD to read it, but if Twilight had been a stand alone book I would have been okay with that.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/