A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Epilogue ~ An Occasion

Post by BreathelessVampire »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?
I didn't figure that they were on the way to prom. I thought Edward was going to take her to a fancy dinenr.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?
There is one?

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car
I felt it was funny.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?
Yes i was.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

Alphie wrote:1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?
I honestly had no idea where they were going :lol: I guess I was so caught up in the book I wasn't thinking to hard about it. :lol: I probably could have figured it out if I really thought about it. lol

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?
I haven't had time to read it :cry: I was planning on it today actually though :D

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car
I didn't like Jacob at the prom. I think he came in at the wrong moment. I mean it was her PROM! Couldn't we do that any other time?! lol

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?
I knew Edward didn't bite her. I guess I knew Edward a little to well for him to end her human life right there without talking to the rest of the Cullens. I can see how people could be confused about it though, rereading it, even though it says no one would surrender. *shrugs*But I did know about the other books and I couldnt wait to read them! I was so close to being done Eclipse before Breaking Dawn came out, but I didn't quite make it :|
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?
Honestly, I have no idea what I was thinking. I guess, I assumed it was the prom, in the back of my mind, but I wasn't thinking about that as I was reading. Since we only get to read Bella's thoughts, I was only thinking what Bella was thinking. She has no idea where she was going, so naturally, I didn't either. I didn't think that the "occasion" was changing her, though.

I just read the extended prom remix so that I could answer this. :) I think both the long and short versions have their benefits. I like that we can see Rosalie and Bella being civil and see Alice use Bella as a Barbie, tha's always fun. I also enjoyed the little dinner at Charlie's. I think Edward staring at Bella's leg and the "thank you" for Alice still should have taken place in the car; I think it would have been better and sexier there. However, I still love the conversation with Tyler on the phone. :lol:

*ignores future Jacob feelings* I'm with Edward, Jacob shouldn't have been there. When Jake told Bella he was only doing it for the car parts, I relaxed a bit, but I wanted him to just spit it out and leave! The night was beautiful and romantic. Jake was just messing with the illusion in my mind. He made Edward break his promise! :(

I read it more recently, and was definitely reading the sequels. I didn't think that Edward changed Bella. He was teasing, and ended up kissing her (right?). I know it was something like that. I don't have my copy at the moment, so I can't reread the last line, but I know that I didn't think Bella was being changed at the prom.
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

Thank you samajama for giving the link for the other version of Bella's prom. In one part, Bella said Edward carried her around in school everyday. How did he carry her? As in carry her piggy- back or scoop her up type or what?
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
LipsForeverSealed
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: In a black leather chair, that spins, *spin* weee! In Ireland

Post by LipsForeverSealed »

I can't remember what I thought..., like I was reading it the other day and was like yeah thier going to prom but obvs like i'd read it before! :lol: But yeah I'm pretty sure i presumed the prom, or wait did i? ahhhh....

um well i read it a very long time ago and so have forgottn it, hmmm I would have liked to read full description of Bellas Dress alright...

I was very angry at Jacob :evil: ..., See before I had even read Twilight I hated him! See my friends wouldn't shut up about their hatred of Jacob , and so I began to hate him because of the stuff I heard...., and so when i first saw his name when they went to first beach, i couldnt help the hatred! And so yeah I was sooo mad at time for coming into prom! Rereading it again lately i even considered not reading the Epilogue because he interupts!! :x oh no I'm gonna have to read New Moon now...... :? , how am i supposed to function when reading so many Edward-less pages?! :oops:

I was not! Course he wouldn't just bite her there! I saw that! Well I had read a few chapters of Twilight and then I decided i needed the whole series..... but yeah I liked the ending and knew I needed more! But i had to read Twilight 3 times before i could move on..., i had heard scary things about NM, and i was not eagar to greet them... :(
LipsForeverSealed
Image Edward Cullen
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

I kinda figured they were. Especially after he talked to Tyler on the phone.

Haven't read it. But I will now... Thanx

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car?

I thought he was sweet.

I knew that there were 4 books out... (Yeah, yeah... Late bloomer) And had plans to read them all...
No, I figured that he didn't bite her considering the conversation they just had not 3 seconds before that last line... DUH!
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind? No, I really didn't know... how stupid of me!

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why? I like the preparation purely out of the girl in my heart- that was okay to condense for the book. I like Charlie and Edward's interaction here, and I wish it had been kept in the book; we only get a couple of good conversations between them before Edward leaves and breaks Bella's heart, and then Charlie never reacts to him quite the same. It just dawned on me that this is the only time Edward EVER gave her flowers!! I had been thinking that he never gave her flowers; I would have thought that he would have, given the romantic that he is.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car. Wow, I actually pitied the guy being sent on a message-errand for his dad!

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it? No, I wasn't... here's my reason: He just said he wouldn't give in easily; I knew it would take much more than just Bella saying she loved him more than everything in the world combined; it has always been enough for Edward that she loves him in return. I felt okay with the ending; I certainly hope that SM finishes Midnight Sun so we can see what Edward was thinking here. I knew there were 3 other books coming, and I studied the meaning of the titles in relation to the sky... I was a little worried about New Moon, because I knew that meant there was no moon to brighten the night, and that didn't bode well... so I was certainly desperate for more... I read the first 3 in 10 days!
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind? I sort of figured it out like where else would he be taking her.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? No I think the longer version was better, but in a way it didn't fit because I would have been questioning since when is rosalie so nice.
What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why? the whole par where she comes down the stairs and he's all like wow your beautiful.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car. I thought it was sad that he was used to achieve such a thing, and i felt sympathy towards him cause he really didn't want to.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it? I don't think he changed her, but I also knew there were three more books coming so yea.
twilightfan4ever2009
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightfan4ever2009 »

I was not shure what was happening but as I got in to the second and third page I knew what was happening.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better?
I liked the extended remix better. It was more discriptive and it was funny when Alice was with Bella getting her ready and she had no clue what was going on.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.
I thought it was funny how he just came so he could the parts.

I had gotten the Twilight with the first chapter of New Moon in it so when I read the ending I knew Bella did not turn in to a Vampire then, but I knew she would become one at some point in the books.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

I actually had no idea becasue well you know that Stephanie comes up with the most unexpected but amazing situations. I really woul've never guessed.

2.f you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better?
I liked the remix better.

How did you feel about Jacob at the prom?
I was surpriced because who knew that he was going to arrive to tell Bella that.

The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people?
Yes! I was one of those people. I realized that he would do it eventually . After I read that I ran up to one of my friends who had already read the book and I yelled "He bites her!?!?!". She was like " In Twilight ?" Yes I answered "no you still have to read New Moon and then , Eclipse". After that I was exited to see if he bit her in New Moon. :D
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*