A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ShortStuff_<3
Wandering Through Town

Re: Epilogue ~ An Occasion

Post by ShortStuff_<3 »

Firstly, before i answer the questions i have to say that it was the movie that converted me into a TWIhard and i saw it before reading the book.
1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?
Like i said i saw the movie first so i knew exactly what they were doing, well, what edward was planning anyway.
2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?
The extended version is better in my opinion becuase in Twilight you don't see much of Alice's personality and she's a really great person - one of my fave characters. Plus, whose gonna complain when theres just a little more to enjoy in the twilight universe. that being said: SM please, for the love of all thats holy, publish Midnight Sun!!!!! anyways....back to the topic....
3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.
I think that he's perfectly entitled to doing a favour for his dad to get the car parts and Bella understands this. Anyways, he said he felt bad doing it and at this point he knows nothing so its kind of not a big deal.4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?
Well, as i said, again, i got it when the movie came out so that means all the other sequels were out too...of course once i'd finished i was hungry for the rest of them!!! :lol:
Dear Jacob, I WIN. Sincerely, Edward.
[i'm.betting.on.ALICE] :D
>>> ADRENALINEE RUSSSHHH <<<
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?
~like Bella, my mind was elsewhere, and i didn't even remember prom was that day.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?
~prom remix!! lol edward cooks!!

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car
~i felt bad that he was basically forced to go.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?
~i knew he didnt bite her. hes not that stupid. lol. i knew about new moon and bought it 15 minutes after i finished twilight!!!!
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

I was clueless lol. NO IDEA!

I love the part where she is getting her make over.. when Edward comes home, and his special occasion car!

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car
I was mad.. I didnt like Jacob from the first time she talked to him! Never have, never will.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?
I wasnt.. I knew he didnt bite her and as soon as I finished the first, I started the second as soon as I was home.. I was anxious for more.
Pammy
Settled in Forks

Post by Pammy »

Yes I did - it was the first thing that I thought of. :shock:

I loved the extended version. I wish it had been in the book. I loved the build up with Alice, and Edwards reaction when he first saw Bella, and the fact that he had cooked for her - I loved it all.

I felt sorry for him.

It didn't enter my head that he may have bitten her. I just thought he had bent over to kiss her neck. I started New Moon straight away.
look after my heart - I've left it with you....
TEAM EDWARD
scarlet_forever
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by scarlet_forever »

I did assume it was prom, although, I was wishing it was going to be something else. Like Edward said though, like he would give in that easy.

I really like the extended version, it shows their personalities. I wish she would have showed all of it. I also love Edward and Bella's reaction when he sees her for the 'first' time.

It is sad. He really looks up to her.

I was wishing for it, but no I did not beleive that. He would have contradicted himself b/c a couple of lines before he said he wouldn't give in that easy. I liked the ending. I read the book at the beginning of 2008 and went that same night to get the next one. I couldn't wait..I was more than hooked.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?

1) No, I figured he was taking her to the prom. The dress was a dead give-away.

2)I would have preferred the extended version. It give us a better behind the scenes on prom night and the part where Bella is coming down the stairs and Edward is waiting, reminded me of Gone With The Wind when Scarlett O'Hara was coming down the stairs and Rhett Butler was looking up at her smiling!!!!! Cool.

3) I actually felt sorry for him.He was only trying to deliver a message and I liked how he looked at her and how he reacted to how pretty she looked.

4)No. I felt sort of melancholy, that something was unresolved. YES.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
sazykid

Post by sazykid »

Honestly, I sort of forgot about Prom lol. I just kind of figured they were going on a fancy date to celebrate Bella getting better.

I can see the point of the shorter version, it's definetly more to the point, but I liked the extended version. I'd would have liked to have seen the part where Edward sees Bella coming down the stairs at his house. I would have also liked to have seen the part where he makes her dinner, I thought that was really sweet.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.
I thought it was kind of random that he showed up there. I know Billy offered him money to deliever his message to Bella, but if it had been me I would have told Billy "heck no".

No, I knew he didn't bite her. The book says he "goes in for the bite" and kisses her neck instead. I thought the ending was appropriate since there were still three other books. I read Twilight for the first time around the beginning of November, so my copy had the first chapter of New Moon in it. I read that chapter and automatically regreted it lol. I was upset because I couldn't continue reading anymore. I had to wait until Christmas to get the rest of the series!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind? I was surprised as Bella.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why? I love the extended prom remix. It is so good! I really wish they kept in the part where Alice is getting Bella ready & all that happens at the Cullen house.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car I was surprised. And then when he made the comments about his dad I was like this will be interesting to see what develops becuase obviously Billy believes the stories.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it? I didn't think he bit her right there. I figured it was a kiss. When I first read Twilight NM & Eclipse were out. So I went right away & bought both sequels & read them.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

i got it

i think all of the etended version should be in it cause twilight should never be cut

my feelings for jake will never change a love that boy...except when he hits on bella i'll take a page out of edwards book...you'll be running on three legs dog

Nope, i liked the ending it gave many possiblities for a sequal, i was soooo desprate i needed it.
**Kathryn**
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

Yeah, prom.

Haven't read yet.

That something is brewing between he and Edward. Otherwise he's obviously smitten for Bella. Seems like any other guy though.

I guess I kinda jumped to her being bitten, then I read New Moon and wised up. Plus with the two other books I was starting to think it would just be extended until the end of Breaking Dawn. Is the best ending though for when the book first came out and unsure of a second because then your imagination would have to do the work, and of course want more from the characters. Perfect ending.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas