A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 23 ~ The Angel

Post by Alphie »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Chapter 23 ~ The Angel

Post by urcoolcarrie »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?
I definently had no idea what was going on when the chapter first started. I was like "oh my gosh! whats happening?!" but, after the end of the first chapter, it registered in my mind that she was just in too much pain to open her eyes.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?
This one is hard, because i have to think all the way back, 14 times ago, when I first read it. hm. i think that i pretty much knew that Edward wasn't going to change her. There was that small part in my brain that thought that the venom from James would just spread and she would become a vampire, but I never thought that Edward would have to change her himself.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
GottaLoveCullenx3
Settled in Forks

Post by GottaLoveCullenx3 »

Okay, did anybody else sob at this part?
Not because Bella being hurt.
But I found that when Edward was sobbing, a part of me was sobbing, too.
gordonfan08
Wandering Through Town

Post by gordonfan08 »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place? I sort of had it figured out.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation? No, it was way to early in the series.
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

I got it. I was so excited that Edward had made it in time. :)

I really hoped so, but I knew there were other books after Twilight so I figured he didn't. LOL.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. I knew what was going on, there would be burning if she was actually changed, so I knew that was not a possibility.

2. I knew he didn't, since I knew there were two other books at the time.
lalilin
Settled in Forks

Post by lalilin »

For less than a split second I thought Bella died seeing the title of the chapter but then I thought about it again and I connected the "angel" to Edward and I put together the pieces that she was just disoriented.

I knew that he wouldn't let her die but at the same time I knew that Edward wouldn't want Bella to become a vampire so I didn't know what was going to happen. I didn't expect him to suck out the venom so that was a little unpredictable...that was actually one of my favorite parts in the whole book.
Analisse
Learning to Love Green

Post by Analisse »

It took me a moment, because at first I thought she was even worse than how she was. But then I was able to put together that it was the pain that made her act like that. I think that we all be like that if we were going throught the same as she was.

Yes. He loves her so much that I don't think he was going to let her die. If he knew that there wasn't any other choice I think he would have changed her in the moment.

This is one of my favorite chapters, when I read Twilight this is one of the first chapters that I read before reading the book again. And I remember when I was reading the book for the first time, I read this chapter 2 times before reading the next
Twifighter4Edward17
Settled in Forks

Post by Twifighter4Edward17 »

1. The Chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in two much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactaly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place ?

I could totally put it together in my head.

2 Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a Vampire because it was a life and death situation ?

I was not sure so I had to just read it and find out.
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

I was mostly just wondering when Edward would come rushing valiantly in to save her.

I did think Bella would be transformed before Carlisle had Edward suck out the venom.