A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Re: Chapter 23 ~ The Angel

Post by Black Rose »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?

I put the pieces together pretty well, I think. But still, I won't to read that part from Midnigh Sun to see exactly what happened.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?

No, not at all. I guess I already new that she was still human in New Moon because I read the back of it or something. So I knew that he was going to be able to do it. But it didn't take away from the suspense at all!
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place? I put it together instantly and then was like :shock:.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?
Yes I actually thought he would for a moment and then I realized that he said he wouldn't ever do that to Bella and all that jazz. And no I don't mean Jasper people.... :lol:
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?
Yeah, I knew what was going on. I re-read this chapter too, just to make sure I got everything. :)

No. He was set on not having this future for her. He is just too stubborn sometimes. :) He would choose any alternative over this, besides death.
~Bee Marie
Ianssoul
Settled in Forks

Post by Ianssoul »

this was the best chapter in the whole book (my opinion) i was even crying the second time i read it
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?I figured that James was gone, Edward was there, and that she was almost dead.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation? No, because he doesn't want that life for her.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Post by lunamia »

It took me a minute but then I realized that it was the venom. The transformation was supposed to be very painful.

I hoped..but nope. Edward wanted Bella to stay human. So he was going to do whatever it took to keep it that way. It was very strong of him to control himself. Very selfless.
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

I figured it out pretty easily, but I think I reread the chapter to make sure I got everything...

Seeing how Edward is STUBORN. NO. I didn't. I had hoped though.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~ sometimes i wondered what was happening, but when i reread it, i understood.

~ no, i wish he wouldve though. saves a lot of trouble though(like NM)
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
4everklutzy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 4everklutzy »

I pretty much knew what was going on. I figured that she had passed out from her injuries and was just starting to come round, so she wasnt' exactly aware of what was going on. I thought that from the beginning that Edward was her angel--she'd referred to him as angelic throughout the book. I loved this chapter, seeing just how much Edward loves Bella--his "sobbing tearless, broken sobs." SIGH...

Edward would never turn Bella if there were any other possibilty. In this situation especially as Bella did not make the choice, James forced this upon her. I couldn't see Edward doing it. Also, isn't the next chapter called Impasse?
scarlet_forever
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by scarlet_forever »

I had moments, but I knew she wasn't dead. May I just say that this chapter had me on the edge of myseat. I was like damnit Edward save her!!! Then I was also like leave her..let her be one of you. :)

I actually thought it would, but then I thought about there being 4 books in the series. I thought surely its not going to happen yet and I was very right about that.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*