A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Chapter 23 ~ The Angel

Post by akire »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?

Um... I honestly can't remember that well! I'm pretty sure I knew the gist of what was going on.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?

Well, I knew there were other books where she wasn't a vampire so, no. I also knew Edward really didn't want Bella to become a vampire & would do almost anything to prevent it.

Image Image Image
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?
I can never remember anything!! *sigh* It's been a year and a half, the first reactions fade. I think I probably got most of what was going on. The Cullens got there, she's hurt, they get James.
2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?
I really hoped he would, but I didn't think her injuries were too bad, despite the pain she was in. If she was really dying and there was nothing he could do, I think he might.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Cullen_Lover
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

Really good. :D
ImageImageImage
Rexin
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Rexin »

No, I basically got the idea and was rather concerned ¬_¬

Nope, with my experience with vampires *cough* in novels *cough* they are always ~edgy~ about turning humans. So I basically thought "Theres no way he will be changing her, that would be too convenient.". So yeah, and then theres always the fact that vampires, for some reason, tend to love the fragialty of humans (heres looking at you ARMAND!).
My mind has changed
My body's framed,
But God I like it
My heart's aflame
My heart is strained
But God I like it
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place? No I new the Angel was Edward and that the loud sound were Jasper and Emmett ripping James apart. And the smell of gas was James being burned.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation? No I could tell he didn't want that. I knew he was only sucking the blood from her arm to try and get the venom out. At the time I was also very disappointed that he didn't just let her change like Alice said.
angelz429
Settled in Forks

Post by angelz429 »

so now that i think about it.... why doesn't edward's eyes change color when he sucks the poison from bella? he still drinks/tastes her blood...even if it's not a lot.
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i knew what was going on the whole time, but i was reading soooo fast that i had trouble getting every detail!! :lol:

i thought for sure she was going to be a vampire, i was a bit surprised when he didnt turn her!!
Betting on Alice.
Lirpa
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lirpa »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place? I knew that Edward and the others had arrived. I did how ever miss a few things here and there the first time through.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation? I kind of thought this is it, she will be a vampire now, but I was wrong. I did liked to think that it was going to be a choice that they decided on together as a couple.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
"Because only a vampire can love you forever."
Danica
Wandering Through Town

Post by Danica »

what i would really really like to know is.....
edward drank bellas blood... 'its clean i can taste the morphine' (sorry not an extact quote)
but why didnt edwards eyes turn red?

err a little confused but then bella was meant to be out of it. its from her perspective so it should be slightly confused.

its edward!! of course he wouldnt. he was probably already booking tickets to italy in his head instead of ''daming'' her soul.
and to be honest i'm glad that he didnt. it gave us 2 more books where we where able to identify with bella. lots morefalling and clumsiness.
To sleep, perchance to dream. Ay, there's the rub...
watch out the green imp is about....
AliceluvsJasper2eva
Wandering Through Town

Post by AliceluvsJasper2eva »

danica very good question about why didnt edward's eyes turn red. Um....for your eyes to become red you have to drink human blood for a lond period of time for the chmicals in your eyes to absorb chemicals in the human blood.

No as soon as i read that part i knew what was happening i could she bella in pain and the cullens taking care of james in the illusions in my head like a story book.

I thought that and so did my family, but carlisle was right next to him and was giving him couragement to stop before he did turn her. But see edward was just dranking the blood not passing venom in as he drunk so i think that is why bella is not a vampire. I don't think that edward would change bella unless she was dieing as she was in breaking dawn.
Emmett and Edward are the hottest vampires alive!!!!