A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 23 ~ The Angel

Post by sazykid »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?
I was pretty aware of what was going on. The only part I was a little confused about was why her hand seemed to be burning. It wasn't until someone said "he bit her" that I got why her hand was burning. Otherwise I got that her head was bleeding, her leg was broken, and Edward was her angel.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?
No, I figured with Carlisle there, there was no reason Bella wouldn't be ok. Edward wouldn't put her thought that, especially since it wasn't her choice.
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?
1) I had moments, but I was aware.

2) I've read Breaking Dawn, so no comment
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

If I hadn't already seen the movie, then I'd be wondering what was going on. It all seemed kinda vague and dillusional as far as what was going on.

Originally, yes.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place? I had it pretty well figured out. (I think. The first time I read it was a year ago!)

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation? No, but only because when I picked up Twilight there were already the 2 sequels.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
you.are.my.heroin
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

i'm pretty sure i got it

i hoped but i knew he wouldn't
**Kathryn**
catchick
Settled in Forks

Post by catchick »

I put it together after reading about one page. The first time I read it though, I missed the part where they kill James, since it's only one little paragraph.

No, because Edward really does not want her to become a vampire, and I think he figured that she'd pull through.
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aliacullen »

yeah i was abit fuzzy about what has happened all i gethered was a fight and a fire

i dont know why edward just didnt let her changed technically he didnt do it do he didnt take away her soul
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I had a pretty good idea of what was going on. I knew she couldn't be dead, and it made sense that it was Edward she was describing as an angel, since she used that description of him before. I loved that she did that, by the way. And I also had a good hunch what had caused the burning in her hand.

No, I thought he would do everything in his power to keep that from happening. He did not want her to become a vampire, and he certainly did not want to do it because someone else forced them to do it. I think he did so well in this situation, it showed so much courage and love.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

I figured something had happened. I didn’t know what, but I sorta figured that Jasper and Emmett were taking care of James. I knew that Carlisle would be there to help Bella because he was the only one who could handle the blood. And Edward would be there, but I wasn’t sure if he would be with Carlisle or if he would be with Jazz and Em.

No. I knew enough about Edward’s character to know that if there was another option, like sucking the venom out, then he would do it. The future that he has is not the one he wants for her
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

I pretty much knew what was going on. But I thought it was a great effect of Stephenie's, for Bella in her subconcious state to be confusing things and only really having one sense. It was moving.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation
I hoped he would! But the second that Carlisle gave him another option, I knew he wouldn't do it. He'd take Carlisle's option, no matter how hard it was on him.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~