A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 21 ~ Phone Call

Post by Alphie »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact?
gordonfan08
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chapter 21 ~ Phone Call

Post by gordonfan08 »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix? I thought Bella and Renee were doomed.

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on. Because she doesn't want to put any of the Cullens in harms way.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact? I think it was both.
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?

I literally had to stop reading and catch my breath. No kidding. I was actually afrais for Renee the most.

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on.

I think she was acting out on more the typical Bella behavior. She didn't want them to have to be put out for her or to be in danger because of her, so she wanted to do it on her own.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact?

I think he gave up because he knew she needed to have her time to freak out, and that putting her to sleep wasn't going to help matters, really.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. I was kind of disturbed, since Alice was just introduced fully. It was just a little weird.

2. Probably to protect them, so she can handle it herself.

3. I think he just stopped, since there was no point.
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

I figured he was doing research on Bella and Renee.

She knows they would try to stop her.She doesn't want anything to happen to Renee (or anyone) on account of her.

I believe Bella successfully resisted it. Mind over matter style.
softie
Settled in Forks

Post by softie »

I thought, "Oh no." James was clearly not giving in whatsoever, and he was smarter than expected. I knew he would bring Renee into the picture, as that's how most predators wheel in their prey.

A part of guilt, I believe. Bella is already worried that she's creating more harm to the Cullens than herself. By telling Alice and Jasper about the phone call, she feel she's putting them in more danger than they already are. It can also be that she's willing to cooperate with James (now that he's got Renee) and hope that her decisions will prove something good at the end.

I don't think Jasper was trying as hard as he could, as he's fairly new to the diet and he knew any more temptations will make him go wild. This could be why Bella was able to resist it better than the others.
ImageImage
Currently Reading - New Moon / Chapter 14: Family / Pg. 323
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

Worry. And a "She's doomed!" attitude.

Quite frankly, out of ignorance on Bella's part. She honestly thought her mom was in danger, so she listened to the voice, but she should have known...

I think anyone(as long as they know what's happening) can resist Jasper's power if they try hard enough. Bella did just that.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
fleurfairy
Settled in Forks

Post by fleurfairy »

I was freaked out by that. That was one of the scariest moments in the book for me because it came out of nowhere.

She wants to keep them safe and she wants to keep her mother safe. She isn't thinking about her own well-being at that point. She feels guilty over the whole situation because if she hadn't been involved with Edward noen of this would have happened. She knows if she tells Alice and Jasper, they will try to make another move to save her and put their lives in danger, along with Edward's life, the other Cullens, and her mother.

He probably gave up when he sensed she was too determined to calm down.
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stacia »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix? Surprised but not all that surprised. It does have a tie to Bella after all.

She doesn't want them to stop her, she doesn't want them to get hurt because of her.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact?I think she successfully resisted. She does have a strong mind after all! :D
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

That James had been there.

I think Bella feels that she can save everyone if she sacrifices herself.

I think Bella is not able to resist Jasper's calming power. She might be able to somewhat control her self because she knows what Jasper is doing. I think Jasper's tallant is what keeps her level headed enough to pull off what she can.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!