A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 21 ~ Phone Call

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix? I was FREAKED OUT.

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on? She knows that they'll stop her.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact? I think that he gave up when she broke contact.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Post by lunamia »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?
I thought, crap, James found her.

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on.
James told her not to tell. And Bella did not want her mother hurt or the Cullen family.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact?
I think Jasper stopped. He didnt "give up" he just gave Bella a break. She needed time to just be human and just feel it.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?
~ i was like OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on.
~they will stop her.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact?
~ i think he just willingly stopped.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
4everklutzy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 4everklutzy »

I was scared--James was in town and he knew how to find her, get to her.They might have underestimated him.

First of all, James said not to because he'd know and Renee would pay for it--and Bella believed him. Secondly, Bella being Bella didn't want them to stop her or become involved because she thought that if she gave James what she thought he wanted, herself, that he'd go away and all the people she loved would be safe. Too bad she was mistaken.

I think it was a combination of both. Having read the whole saga, I know that Bella has a strong will and mind and could probably resist Jasper's power if she felt she needed to. However, I think that Jasper probably gave up when she resisted because he respected her need to "melt down" for a while, to deal with her feelings.
scarlet_forever

Post by scarlet_forever »

I was very much surprised. I assumed that he had her mom already.

They would have stopped her!!!

I think she resisted. After reading Breaking dawn, I fully beleive this. She has a strong mind. ;)
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?

1)That she saw something big coming down the pike.

2)Because they would have stopped her and she was also afraid they would get hurt or if they did stop her, her mother would die.

3) Succesfully resisted. She moved into the other room to get away from him.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
sazykid

Post by sazykid »

I was freaking out! It was creepy! Then I was scared for Bella's mother because I thought James had her.

Bella thinks she has put the Cullens in enough danger already and she does not want to hurt them anymore. She knows Jasper and Alice would try to stop her and she has to save her mother, so she leaves them in the dark.

I have two theories. A) Bella seemed like she was so focused on saving her mother that Jasper probably didn't have much affect on her. B) Bella had already accepted the fact that she was probably going to die if she saved her mother, so she was past the anxiety of it. Since she seemed to accept her imminent death, she was so calm that Jasper didn't need to calm her down further.
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

That something happens there.

No idea, I think I would have told them.

A bit of both. Seems like she can tell when he's using his abilities and can avert rather than just submitting to them.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix? Uh oh this cant be good.

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on. She didn't want them to get involved in any way or try & stop her. She was worried for her mother's life & wanted to go save her.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact? I thought she was just able to resist him. It didn't cross my mind that he might have gave up.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

It scared me. Knowing that Renee might get involved in the mess.

I think there were several reasons. James told her to come alone and not tell the Cullens, so she probably thought that her mother would be killed if she told them.
Also she knew that they would try to stop her, and that they would tell Edward.
And she wanted to protect them, by making the ultimate sacrifice and give James what he wanted.

A bit of both. Bella has a strong mind, Edward is not able to read her mind. So probably she would be able to resist Jasper to a degree. But I think that Jasper wasn't trying as hard as he could have. Maybe he saw that Bella needed to feel her real emotions for a while.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~