A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
skatepixie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 21 ~ Phone Call

Post by skatepixie »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?I was simply terrified for Bella's mother. After all, Bella had left a message in the house, and now James could have access to it -- and to Bella's phone number.

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on.
She knows that they won't let her go to help her mom. She is also afraid that, if they try to fight, they might not win, and she can't cope with the idea of them dying for her.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact?
I think he gave up. After all, there is no other evidence of Jasper's talent ever failing.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?
Horror.

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on.
Because she knows they'll stop her going and she believes it will cost her mother her life. Her mother's life is more important than her own. Also, she doesn't want to risk their lives, because she is always her lowest priority. Keeping them safe is more important to her than keeping herself safe. Also, she is a control freak. She feels responsible for her mother, and so the burden of saving her falls on her shoulders.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact?
I think her stepping away from him makes him stop.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

W
Banner by TammyAZ
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?

Oh crud, what is going to happen next?

She didn't want to get anyone hurt. I always wondered though why Alice didn't see her decision or if it was because she was so busy and caught up to look at every thing else that was going on.

He gave up when she broke contact.
Banner by TammyAZ